Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Geokinesis posted:

Balance: Adjusted frequency of tales so your statues aren’t all of people hunting and vomiting.

Well well old friend, we meet again.

I think my very first DF fortress had a room covered in engravings of the tenant vomiting and bleeding everywhere. Obviously here it wouldn't be out of spite like it would be in DF, but still!

I got this as a gift, but clearly a new version just dropped. Any idea how quickly dudes update their mods? I'm still struggling to make a village succeed and fighting the system to make them clean and haul more, but I'd at least like the one that lets me turn all my dudes into cybernetic monstrosities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Any recommendation on one of the many cybernetics mods? I'd like to be able to make something more than a pegleg ya know?

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Ever since I started using a few mods, this game got even better.

- PrisonImprovements

These are awesome.

This one doesn't seen to have a download link any idea whats up with that?

e; Jeez are you guys really arguing over a clear buggy age generation? Beyond some wonky cloning or something your bio age isn't going to slip last your chronological age in any scenario. You still gonna age at 99.999c, it ain't gonna go backwards.

Synnr fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 22, 2015

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

duck monster posted:

Is it possible to update from an 8.x alpha to the current 9 wiithout losing save game? I can't seem to see my old world? Is it incompatible?

I don't think its backwards compatible. I don't see anything in the mods forum to update saves and I'm not sure its possible.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Pussy Snorkel posted:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10069.0

Bottom of the first post, under known bugs. It's an attachment, rather than a link, so you might have to be logged in.

Oh god I hate that poo poo. Thank you.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
So if I got my dude crafting something (in this case, armor from a mod) and:

1. I can't find the helmet he actually finished. I didn't SEE him finish it.
2. He doesn't seem to ever actually finish making the armor, but continues crafting while starving and exhausted

Is this indicative of anything in particular? He makes the synththread and cybernetics just fine, but I dunno if 14 just isn't sufficient to cut down craft time or something or what.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Geokinesis posted:

Sounds like issues with the mod.

Do many mods actually make a little item to show work needed, like the stock game does? Its more like cooking in this case, where the ingredients just sit on the bench and I dunno if his work is just going nowhere or what. Looking at the xml file they all have 25000 work required and I have no clue how to transfer that into work time.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Weird, because this has not been my experience.

They appear to if you have your beacons covered up. I often forget to remove the roof on my outdoor one, so it pods in next to the wall behind my comm console.

I'm pretty sure when I uncover it they drop onto my beacon but I pay so little attention up there, eh.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Alaan posted:

They drop as close as they can. I've had several raids pop just outside my closed roof trading area.

I dunno man, mines covered up and they still seem to show up near the map edges for the most part. Occasionally I'll get like one or two pods in the walls but usually not.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Well I observed my dudes making stuff, it looks like the cybernetic storm mod thing is either not producing correct craft times (I watched a statue finish before something that had half the work time with twice the skill) and/or just consuming materials without producing stuff. That explains where all my goddamn plasteel went!

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Diviance posted:

Yeah, some of the stuff in the cybernetic storm mod don't actually make anything.

Its a little frustrating, it was the only cybernetics mod updated when I went looking, plus some extra junk to screw around with! Weapons are a touch overpowered though. No clue why the guy even bothered leaving them active if they didn't work.

I just wanna turn all my dudes into a horrific cyborg colony and harvest the abrasive/doesnt-do-useful-labor prisoners and all that jazz. I was slowly turning my main combat guys into nano-tech sheathed monstrosities that would spray their miniguns like there was a predator in the neighborhood. Time to update and poke around for other mods I suppose.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Wait, how do you change your mod load order? If that is an issue maybe this fire extinguisher thing I put in there is making cybernetic storm wonky?

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Been awhile since I loaded this up, so I was fiddling with it while I'm snowed in. Anyone had a weird issue where stuff disappears when its harvested sometimes? Not sure why my devilstrand just poofs into the ether when it gets automatically harvested.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Well I don't mean like there aren't multiple piles around, the counter never ticks up in the list you can stick in the corner. Corn and rice seem to be the same way, I dunno whats up with this. I can't imagine this single mod focused on chopping up people into parts would affect farming but lord knows.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

The top left inventory counter won't tick up until the items are hauled to a stockpile zone.

Well yeah but they aren't anywhere in my base area, not sure whats with it. I just wanted to be able to chop up raiders to frankenstein my dudes up, guess I'll have to try to figure it out.

packetmantis posted:

Why do people call them pawns?

Presumably because they look sort of like chess pawns.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Bondematt posted:

Low growing dudes can also fail to harvest. Usually best just to have one or two guys dedicated to it for this reason.

Also I usually zone it so my lovely guys just do potatoes or whatever. Don't gently caress up my xerigium man, that stuff is pure gold to my bullet riddled colonists.

Well I figured out part of it was my crops were being gobbled up by an apparent explosion in tamed animals I didn't notice. Still though, manually setting my devilstrand to harvest when I notice it is harvestable makes them show up, unless there is some weird thing where they die before they reach 100%. Does that quality (?) bar actually mean anything anyway? Clicking through all of them in my field shows a random assortment of 14/100 to 100/100 and I really dunno.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
I get that apparently how mods work in 1.1 is different, but is there some reason the various mods that are listed at 1.0/1.1 compatible would still show up in-game as out of date? I pulled a couple and the game just does that auto-disable all mods thing when I restart after enabling them.

e: also where the hell is that hugslib controller to turn off it trying to autoload saves?

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Someone mentioned a like... flying hauler craft they used to trade further/faster, and as far as I can tell that isn't save our ship, unless I really misunderstood things. Is there a particular mod that might have been?

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Leal posted:

SRTS expanded.

GodspeedSphere posted:

I use a mod called cargo transport expanded (or close, phone posting) over SRTS. It's just plain easier and I like it more because there's much less feature creep. Basically a pod with 1000kg capacity, researchable right after regular pods, runs off chemfuel and is fast as hell compared to early SRTS. It's marginally less balanced but it's so, so much simpler.

Much obliged SRTS looks like what I was looking for.

Another mod question I didn't see anyone had answered: I pulled a couple of mods that say they're 1.1 compatible or what have you but the game refuses to acknowledge them as such. You used to be able to just load them anyway, but I guess something changed with mods. Is there something "I" can do to just set it so they're accepted by the game or is it just mod makers only doing something funky with code?

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
... Are these default things in the game I never noticed? That's loving gross and just insane. Dude really has some issues.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Razakai posted:

I had that person joined, and thanks to that learned how to XML edit save files to replace them with a less cringey colonist!

Is it just a save thing, or is the Kickstarter characters like this somewhere you can just delete them from being generated?

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

silentsnack posted:

If Tynan wanted it to be easy to disable that poo poo, he wouldn't have buried it in RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\resources.assets but Pawn Name Variety at least saves us the effort of hexediting unity files.

Looks fabulous, thank you!

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
I've never been able to get incinerators to work, though I was thinking I'd try a bait workshop with incendiary IEDs and no light this time around. Do you just need to keep your dwarf hole at 50% lighting to encourage bugs spawning elsewhere?

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Anyone who uses prison labor mod, how do you get the prisoners to actually do labor when there's a door in the way? I attached a quarry pit to their little barracks, but I had to destroy the door to make them actually run over and do stuff. Having the door up seemed to break their AI, with one dude just stuck starving in the quarry room.
The video I watched seemed to make it clear they could use doors fine, but I dunno what the deal is.

I just don't want the ugly quarry destroying their sleep and recreation bonuses with ugliness.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Danaru posted:

Theres a second mod called Locks that you need, you can unlock their cell door and they'll go do work

Ah whoops! Thought that was optional but perhaps I misunderstood.

Side question, any of the common popular mods screw up operation bills? One of my guys ate a fireball that... shredded his brain. I can't actually pop him open up stick a chip or anything in there, it just didn't do the drop down menu at all. I use EPOE, but I stuck in Scar Removal someone had linked and maybe it's just breaking something, I assumed I would have an operation to do the scar removal.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Danaru posted:

Any chance you can provide a screenshot of when you click the dropdown button? I dont think I've had that issue before but one of us might be able to spot something. I have EPOE but not scar removal (I use the Dermal Regenerator mod)

I yanked out scar removal and it seemed to be the issue. I thought it was a different mod before when I had this issue and googled it. I'm not entirely sure WHY scar removal broke it, I didn't see anything in the logs but it's fine. I have a rimmagic priest now, so I'm not too worried about scar tissue on me brain anymore.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Am I mistaken or didn't there used to be a way to play on the same generated world map, a la DF? Is it hidden somewhere or did that get removed completely?

I left a colony running when I had to do something and forgot about it and the dead colony pop up talks about "maybe someone else can use this in the future", and I just wanted to see how that worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Yeah I just wanted to see how it looked to find abandoned colonies but I guess it's not a thing. You could explore your own abandoned forts in DF and such.