Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Royal W posted:

what size housing do you guys use? I tried 4x4 apartments, and still got "this place is too cramped" thoughts.

This is a wonderful question that I would like to see answered as well

Also are there any tricks to defense besides make a line of sandbags and shove a ton of sentry guns everywhere? I seem to run into the issue of being able to handle raiders just fine for a bit, then I can't rebuild my sentries fast enough to take care of the next batch of raiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

So what exactly is good cover? More than just a single line of sandbags to hide behind, I take it?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah this game is a lot of fun but I'm really not liking how after my 100th day with 6 survivors the game just kinda goes "well you've been at this too long I guess it's time for you to lose" and then I just get nonstop waves of raiders, with almost no breaks in between. Getting three raider waves in a row, before my colonists are done nursing their wounds from the last, is just plain frustrating, and ultimately when I get a fourth right after I just quit.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Once you're digging out rooms to store huge piles of silver and potatos and destroying small raider groups then the AI is going to pick the Huge Raid option every time, because what else could challenge you?

Just a single wave, usually, as it turns out! Mostly because I'm making GBS threads potatoes out of my ears from having 1 dedicated farmer work 4 farms, and I'm just selling potatoes and weapons to passing ships every chance I get, but neither of those things actually increases my fighting ability one bit! The only conceivable thing I could do to improve my chances against raiders is build sentry guns and walls, but the raiders come so often that I just don't have time to build anything. I'm fine with the raiders coming in huge waves but they really need to be spaced out more than they already are, I basically just have enough time between waves to harvest the farm and rebuild my cover.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

If you've sent them a lot of silver, you can ask them to send a group of dudes to help you out when you get attacked

It is not worth it

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I, too, would like a brainwashing mechanic to be put in place

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

In general, sounding ungrateful when someone goes out of their way to help you is a bit of a faux pas

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Have a berry producing farm alongside your potato farm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

could you fill the inside of the wood wall with sentires, so when the mechs come out they kill a single sentry and the entire bunker explodes 15 times?

i haven't played in ages, exploding sentries are still a thing right