Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Well, it turns out deconstructing rooms causes them to collapse, no matter how small they are. I just lost two of my starting colonists.

Maybe I can salvage this.

edit:

A single raider came and shot him up a bunch. Then the walls shorted out and exploded, causing a huge fire that almost reached him. I don't think he'll live.

Swedish Horror fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Geokinesis posted:

Create a no roof region before removing the walls next time!

:doh: I forgot that feature even existed.

Also, Crink just bled to death. The colony of Jamestown failed.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I had to dig up the graves for food. I arrested, executed, and butchered a colonist who lost a leg in a raider attack. The parkas are made out of human leather.

Do animals ever appear again after you've hunted them all? I'm worried everyone is going to go insane from eating their dead friends.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Tommofork posted:

Uhhh why not just build an enclosed room over soil, stick a sun lamp and a heater in there, and grow potatoes?

Most of the area I landed in is surrounded by marshes, so I can't really do that. I have ordered hydroponics basins to be built but I don't think the colonists are going to last long enough for them to be used.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Tommofork posted:

All those trees to the south/east of your wall are on marshes? Or do trees grow on marshes? Genuinely curious cause I don't know.

P.S. I love your username combined with your colony's story.

I don't think they do, but I'll expand there soon if possible.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

All my games seem to end up with my colonists eating the dead. For reference, that graveyard outside was full. I had four colonists, but one took a shot to the head in a massive raider attack and died. She was also my only doctor and had 15 medicine, god help my colonists if one of them gets the flu. Dan up there almost died too, because an incendiary mortar shot landed in my base and nearly burned him to death.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Well, I lost the colony I posted about above.

I think Dan got kidnapped by pirates, because I couldn't find him after the fight. Andy started wandering in a daze after losing his friend, and I had Zellian arrest him.

Andy starves to death because Zellian is incapable of being a warden. Then the game decides to send scythers to finish me off.

Zellian falls defending the colony.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

A herd of wild Yorkshire Terriers just joined my colony. I was expecting just one when the message popped up but no, ten of the things joined. Time to create an army of war dogs. I hope I can feed them all :ohdear:

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I put down an animal zone but my chickens keep wandering everywhere. How do you guys keep your chickens in one place?

You have to assign them to the zone using the Animals tab.

edit: YORKIE UPDATE

Swedish Horror fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 25, 2015

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

A caravan just came to trade with me in the middle of a heatwave in the loving jungle. Three of them died before they left, leaving me with some sweet iguana skin pants. Although the polar bears they brought seemed strangely unaffected by the heat.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I haven't had much time to look through all the new stuff, can colonists be gay?

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I just 'cured' a colonist's asthma by replacing their lungs with the ones I ripped out of a prisoner.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Jesus christ. When colonists get into fights, they beat the poo poo out of each other. I'm glad I didn't give anyone a knife.

e: Apparently the lung replacement was important enough to be made into art.

Swedish Horror fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 8, 2016

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Caves actually get colder when you get far enough inside. I haven't actually tested that out, but it was mentioned in the update video. Supposedly the only way to survive in the extreme desert biome is to dig into the mountains. Deadly insects can also spawn inside mountains now, so that's a thing to consider.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Tsyni posted:

I haven't played in a while and I notice certain things require "components" now...how do I get/make those?

You can deconstruct ship chunks that spawn around the map(they fall from the sky occasionally), and mine compacted machinery. If you get a high tech research bench + a multi-analyzer, you can craft them.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I just watched the guard of a visiting trader beat the poo poo out of the trader before leaving her to die. :stare:

edit: she was ugly and disfigured.

Swedish Horror fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 10, 2016

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Steam release and alpha 14 coming July 15th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFRqCvG6Q4

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Isaac posted:

I havent played this in a long time. Am I correct in remembering you used to be able to make your fort as scary and ugly as possible as an alternative to making it beatiful? Like you could put gibbets everywhere and scare everyone into staying in line?

Also is there a way to clean up the floors without having someone dedicated to cleaning?

Isaac posted:

Also does the game still increase difficulty based on how many turrets you have? I remember last time I played you were almost better off with no turrets because it kept the invaders weak

I don't remember gibbets or anything like that, but I only started playing around alpha 8. There aren't any now if that's what you're asking.

You need a dedicated cleaner.

Difficulty increases with your colony's wealth. Pretty sure turrets add to your wealth, but I don't know by how much.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

"the style is erotic"

I think my art colonist is lonely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

edit: nvm this'll start poo poo

Swedish Horror fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 2, 2017