Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

So now Alpha 7 as been out for a while does anyone have any recommendations for good mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Felime posted:

I think I'm obligated to say Project Armory. I find it boring as hell to just have 2 or 3 weapons to give every colonist, and there's a handy utility to deactivate any weapons you aren't fond of.

Clutter's a great one, gives you a lot to put around to make things nice and pretty and less boring.

The surgery/bionics mods are coming out, but those are in the "people figuring out what they can do" stage, and currently they have to modify core files to work, so they tend to conflict with eachother without the Recipe Nurse utility on the forums. I think Tynian is smoothing that out for Alpha 8, though. Don't have too much experience with them with which to make recommendations, though.

Apparello is the "shitloads of clothes" mod, and the parts I was initially kinda hesitant about aren't really as obtrusive as I'd thought. I'm not a fan of all of it, but it's not hard just to ignore and not use the parts you don't like rather than having to remove them.

Enhanced Defense is cool, and everyone likes embrasures. The shields module for that is also nice to let you build out in the open without worrying about your colony being defenseless against mortars.

TTM (Tech Tree Minami) is the technik/whatever equivalent to rimworld. It combines a lot of mods into plug in modules and adds a lot itself that have all sorts of intermediate steps and supply chains and everything is research gated. It's cool if that's your thing, but not the sort of thing you want to do unless you know the game pretty well already.

And, almost forgot these, but holy poo poo, EdB's UI Mod and his Prepare Carefully are so so so nice just from a usability point of view. Use that poo poo. (Prepare carefully is far nicer than the old Choose your own embark whatsit because you don't have to use it if it's installed, and can just roll normally if you want.

And there's plenty of other cool ones that just aren't my thing or I haven't had a chance to mess with yet.

Geokinesis posted:

I like extended stoneworking if only for the ability to build slightly more varied looking buildings and furniture. Although it really is just a stopgap mod as next Alpha will include this.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll give them a spin.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Rapacity posted:

I wonder how the cool 1.5 million he's pulled in so far has affected his day to day life.

I think you added a zero somewhere in your calculations.

vvvv guess I missed one

Brown Moses fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 1, 2014