Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

this game needs vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

some of the mods that seem cool are really annoying because they attempt to be so overpowered that you can't get the simple features you'd like. 2000 storage? a little overkill. constant steel generation? might as well have your dad beat the game for you.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

i dunno, i have a level 17 researcher and she has blazed through all the research projects now, so research isn't really that much of a setback. imo research should take way longer to actually make a game changing difference in what you choose to do.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I played 2 different forts on the classic story teller and the hardest difficulty. Lost both. Man they really start ramping up the attacks. I also just played with the 3 people they gave me, and one was a noble and wouldn't do anything, so I effectively had 2 people. 3rd pirate attack was like 10 guys. Sniper rifles cut me and my turrets down quick :(

Second fort I managed to get up to 6 people, but then a heatwave of 135+ degrees hit at the same time an eclipse happened, and so everybody went loving crazy from heat and started beating the poo poo out of each other. Then a pirate attack came and politely killed anything left.

I wish I could reclaim a fort. Have 3 new people drop down and bury the bodies of my colonists :(

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

is that a mod? the little circle things?

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I've tried playing several colonies on the hardest difficulty, and drat do they start to hit hard.

I am being almost constantly besieged by 1 or 2 hostiles. now that shells cost 10 steel each, there's not a good counter to this. I can barely get back up and running again before the next starts. They also seem to be very proficient at hitting my turrets, so I lose almost all of them each fight.

Still, I was holding my own for a good long while. Winter was hard because they kept hitting all my solar panels and cutting the power to my hydroponics and so my people were having to run out and hunt DURING sieges, and run back if they start to attack... which they only do once i've whittled them down way farther than I used to have to do on an easier setting. They'll stick around til there are only 2 of them left, just shelling my base. I need to find an underground geothermal, quick! :P

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I loving hate blight. It really fucks over growing operations. Also I hate when my cook runs out to the field to only grab 10 food before making their way back to the kitchen. I have a zone designated for food storage next to the stove, so they should grab 75x of whatever and take it all back :mad: Every harvest I have to tell a few people to haul the food so they actually grab 75x and take it to the kitchen. I just usually grab the closest 5 people and tell them to do it.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Am I missing a way to put out a fire that is 2 tiles deep? i.e. when my solar panel catches on fire, they'll put out the nearest fire, but the middle of the panel keeps burning and it seems there's no way to stop it?

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

There is a "heater" in the temperature tab with the coolers. Use that.

To mess with priority stuff, in the "overview" tab where you assign work orders, switch to "manual" mode and assign somebody a level 1 priority for growing. That little motherfucker will grow his heart out. I like to do this for people who have the "green thumb" trait.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I'm nearing end game on a super hard mode (whatever the hardest setting is) and the amount of enemies that are coming during a raid are a little insane now. Hard to keep turrets alive no matter their hitpoints when this many idiots are throwing spears and poo poo. I have a few snipers that I send out to pick a few off here and there, but that always triggers their "rush at me" stage. Oh well. Hopefully I can build dat spaceship.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I use the "more vanilla turrets" mod which has a pretty bitching chain gun type thing and a snipery turret. also just bigger "military grade" turrets. They're expensive as poo poo tho.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I just take the random 3 I get because I'm awesome.

Oh hello new world with 0 growers.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

i get all my plasteel through taking apart mechanoids.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

alternatively you can enable the dev console and use the "random color" feature on the items until they look how you want them, if you don't wanna mess with mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Anything that dies on a grave will bury itself. I saw a mad squirrel do it once.