Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Goon Success Story. Buy my bestselling book "How to make Old and Bald Work for YOU" available now at my house.
I am getting a black-screen when I open the game with all those mods in the mod folder.

Is it just straining to load them or something? Or is alpha 6 not cut out for these mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Goon Success Story. Buy my bestselling book "How to make Old and Bald Work for YOU" available now at my house.

Opals25 posted:

Check your core folder. I had that happen when I deleted it on accident, wouldn't surprise me if it did the same thing if you used the old one from the mod folder.

Core is still there.

I just tried to unpack the zip and specifically told it not to overwrite anything. So I don't know wtf is up.

FIXED OK so what I did was unpack the mods folder to a different folder then c/p everything EXCEPT Core and Blasting Charges to my mods folder. Game works fine now.

Pyrion Flax fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 15, 2014

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Lprsti99 posted:

Might be you still have your old enabled mod list, so it's trying to either load mods you don't have, or it's trying to load mods that don't work with alpha 6. go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config\ and delete ModsConfig.xml

ok will do, thanks.

Right I tried that, I can load the mods into the game, I load the one called "base" first, exit the client, restart it and load all the other mods.

And now when I click the close button on the mods screen and go back to the main menu, the log fills up with a million things and the game just sits there without ever bringing up the buttons again, just the space background.

Pyrion Flax fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 15, 2014

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Lprsti99 posted:

Are you using mods that have been updated to alpha 6? Not all of them have been yet.

oh...poo poo well uh...heh..oops. sorry!

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

I hate having to spend all this time sorting out which mods will/won't work with the game and all the compatibility and the rest of it. I like the idea of them, but man...I don't even know if using these is going to lead to some game-breaking error down the line and ruin the save anyway. Why isn't there a post on the mod forums that says "these are the alpha 6 compatible mods" instead of just looking for everything with "alpha 6" in the title?

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Oh you have psychic emanation troubles? Hmm, yeah...hmm...sad...that must be....really hard for you because..

THERE WAS A COSMIC BLAST AND THREE OF MY FOUR COLONISTS JUST DROPPED DEAD FROM EXPLODED LIVERS. gently caress YOUR MENTAL PROBLEMS.

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Can anyone tell me if improving faction relations actually does anything? I can gift silver to other factions nearby, but do they ever offer to trade? Or is there a chance they might join when they come to visit?

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

I've started a Rimworld series. This is probably the most Dwarf Fortressy playthrough I've done yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He9PN-ngxsU

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Fans posted:

This is pretty good! I love the whimsy.

What mods you using? I've not delved into those yet.

AlphaMuffalo, Clutter, NoBoomrats, ProjectArmoury, TrapPack, TradeStone, Trader Tweaks, CustomEvents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Alaan posted:

Any mods let you rescued injured people from other towns that are left behind? Some badasses showed up right on top of a siege that was wrecking me and made it more manageable for me to take out. One of them is bleeding to death but if I rescue them I go to -80 with their faction.

Edit: Oh my god you dumb bastards. Don't run to the far corner of the map to get a food pack from the siege for someone who is literally starving to death when you have made meals FOUR SQUARES OVER.

Forbid that poo poo, homie! just highlight it and click f.

Also gently caress faction friendliness. Way I see it, a fight is just the chance to acquire new guns and peeps.