Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

Huszsersvn posted:

My colony of 160!

A lot of my shooters are trained, clothed in hyperweave, armed, armored and then released for general labour. White helms for Lee-Enfield rifles, black helms for M16s.

I want to see more pictures of your compound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Huszsersvn posted:

Holyshitbase

That is simply a marvel and I can't imagine how long it took.

I have trouble getting more than 20-ish peons in my little bases... clearly I am doing things wrong.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

And now for the wait for the mods to catch up.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Tynan really needs to adopt some of the UI stuff from edb interface.

Seriously.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Yeah, I saw that he said that. But there aren't any indications that he has looked at it or intends to make his own versions of them built in.

I mainly miss the pawn icons at the top of the screen, so I can find them easier and keep track of what each one is wearing at a glance.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Updated to the new version of Alpha 9 and loaded my save from the older Alpha 9 version.

In the hour since I did that, it has rained almost 1,000 pieces of human meat (in piles of like 20-60). I am not sure I want to know what is happening in the sky of this planet.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Pound_Coin posted:

Also build your beacon outside of your base and in front of turrets, raiders can and will drop-pod onto it and if it's behind all your defences that's trouble.

You can also take the option I prefer. I stuck my main stockpile under a mountain, covered the entire area with trade beacon coverage... and then had an outside trade beacon, without a stockpile, in the middle of my killbox entrance.

You can still sell anything under the mountain (yeah, that makes sense...) and your guys will automatically move anything you buy into storage under cover... and anyone that drop pods in gets mown down by turrets.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

I saw that mod and this thread is the first thing I thought of.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Inacio posted:

I mean, I always wanted to use prisoners for something, but that is a bit over the top. Dude, you can torture them. What the gently caress

On an unrelated note, I love your avatar. I wish I could spare the dolla to use my usual avatar.

With the people we have in here capturing prisoners just to cut their limbs off and vital organs out and then sell them to a slave ship... it is right up their alley.

Your usual avatar is pretty great too. Takes me back to playing in the SA guild with Lowtax and poo poo, listening to Daft Punk, back when EverQuest 2 came out. Good times... except when grouped with Lowtax, he kinda sucked at the game. I hope he still has a sense of humor about that...

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Synnr posted:

Well I observed my dudes making stuff, it looks like the cybernetic storm mod thing is either not producing correct craft times (I watched a statue finish before something that had half the work time with twice the skill) and/or just consuming materials without producing stuff. That explains where all my goddamn plasteel went!

Yeah, some of the stuff in the cybernetic storm mod don't actually make anything.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Opal posted:

So my game refuses to start after upgrading to 9e, just getting a black screen before reaching the menu. This happening to anyone else?

Try removing mods until it works, then see which mod broke it?

Assuming you are using mods.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Popular Thug Drink posted:

another fun thing from the early alphas was det charges

"hey, raiders! come cluster over here behind these sandbags, perfectly placed for you to shoot at my colony! ok hang on for three seconds... two... one..."

they got removed pretty quick

Haha, oh man, those det charges were so awesome. String a few in a long, single-line passage leading to a few doors in a row... wait for the entire enemy army to pack into that, trying to beat down the doors and trigger them.

Boom, no more army.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Hav posted:

It'll be hard fire-fighting that back pair in each bay.

It would be, but they are cheap and... well, batteries rarely catch fire. I actually can't remember the last time my battery room caught fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah it's a little inconsistent, the Floor group shows you a separate button for each material but Structures has material types collapsed into the buttons.

Regarding cleaning, it seems totally fine if you just make everyone's Cleaning priority 2, once the big messes from digging are dealt with it just never seems to get noticeably dirty any more.

The floors aren't "stuffified" because they aren't "things". Only things actually classified as "things" can be stuffified. (Man, that is a weird set of sentences.)

There is a mod that turns floors into things and stuffifies them. You have to put down concrete or have smooth stone flooring before you can put down any floors, though. But it does let you deconstruct floors.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9334.0