Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

How do I recruit more dudes? I capture people but then they go insane and/or die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Ah Ok, got some savage to join me then.

Another retard question, I have a shitton of silver in my stockpile but if I use the comms unit to trade it says I have zero ?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Thank you, I didnt realize I needed the beacon.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

This game needs more factorio level automation.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

What is the best mod/way to adjust starting colonist count and population cap?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Great game but needs a quickstart with ten colonists or something.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The zombie apocalypse mod is pretty fun. I had to build a dedicated crematorium complex to deal with the bodies.

Though it turned into digital auschwitz at that point.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Leif. posted:

The best part about this game is that if there's an obvious problem (e.g. no leg = useless) it gets fixed by a mod or an update to the base game really quickly.

Link?

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3635.0

It seems to work inside the other events so you get pirates getting eaten by zombies.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The traps mod is good idea but bad execution for anyone thinking of using it. Too many complex crafting trees to follow.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

You can enable god/dev mode and spawn them.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Oh

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Zombie mod is hard as gently caress if you dont use any turret/emplacement mods and set everything to max difficulty fyi.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Would be nice if the game didn't turn into an FPS poo poo show in the later parts.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there an easy way to see which character has the best of attribute X without cycling through all of them ?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there any way to specify mod precedence? I noticed that extended surgery mod breaks the zombie apocalypse mod for whatever reason.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I wish colonists wouldn't be such huge loving babies. Oh you are depressed because you had to defend yourself? I'm sorry maybe gently caress off pussy.

The game needs a "order colonist to sleep" button so the mental breaks will stop isntead of depressed idiots standing there doing the thing they hate over and over.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

bonds0097 posted:

You sound like a lot of fun to be marooned with on a hostile planet.

I understand they might be upset but I don't think reacting to a situation by running into a horde of enemies to die is a solution most people would use even if they were stressed out.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Look for the metal texture on the outside of mountains, it will take longer to find if you just dig straight in.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

deebo posted:

Is there any future plans to add atmospherics? Like a base that needs to be sealed with an airlock for an inhospitable planet.. and also space suits?

I was thinking about this and it would make for a hilarious Mars colony simulator.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I hope vaccines or something get added, because these disease epidemics are annoying.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Yah half my colony is retching all the time.

IS there a way to quick trade anything ? Or do you have to drag to add every value instead of just typing a number?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I like when the events coincide, its more fun to see a huge pirate raid take out the drone/mechanoid ships.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The biggest problem I find with a lot of mods is that they expand the craftable actions and already the crafting time is high enough for most things that without a huge colony you really can't produce everything. Its already taking a huge workforce to eat much less craft 200 widgets to combine into a super widget.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

The heat system definitely has room for expansion but with some planning you can get it to work quite well. If you're in a hot area though you will probably need to dig a big ventilation shaft into the base and branch off to different areas with coolant systems.

Or alternatively, vent it all into a 1 tile room that leads to nowhere which I imagine would probably work.

Personally I would like something that allows two rooms to be connected for the purposes of heating but sealed for the purposes of room definition, basically a ventilation grille. The most helpful thing I find at the moment is to not put doors on things, as bigger rooms are easier to normalise.

Temperature is definitely cool (heh) and I want to experiment with a corridor I can lower to about 20 kelvin at will, see how it affects raiders :v: Even mechanoids suffer hypothermia around -75C.

Can you even do this though? Don't the rooms have to be separated with a door? And then the door would block dudes coming in and once its opened does the temperature normalize? Or does this happen over a zone so it wears off after the breach and enemies have tow ander through your cold spot ?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

The whole map will slowly equalise towards the exterior temperature, with interior being slower than the outside. So, if the sun comes up and sets the outside temperature to 20 degrees, the interior will slowly equalise towards that, but it proably won't get there because it'll retain the cool of the night for longer. Similarly it will also cool down slower when the sun goes down again. Interiors spaces should have less natural diurnal variance than the outside.

On top of this, each room maintains its own temperature, temperature does not pass through solid boundaries, which includes doors. So if a room has a heater in it, it will heat that room and no further. A door being open doesn't affect this, if the door is destroyed then it will connect the two and they will share a temperature.

So you can jam a door open by putting something on the tile and forbidding it, which allows invaders through but shouldn't make the room open. You're right that if invaders just smashed their way in it would break it, but I think they will go through open doors.

So they share the temperature immediately or it equalizes over time ?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

When two rooms join it immediately equalises.

I'm sort of hoping that will change, you could do more with temperature variations within spaces though the current system is at least stable and very scalable.

Ah ok that sucks. I hope its get changed to more of a heat map by tile, so you could really freeze the poo poo out of an area as a form of defense or heat it up.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

How do you survive/get metal on non-mountainous maps?

I've been trying to get away from immediately hiding in a hole for the challenge but the lack of nearby metal makes it very very hard. And trade isn't often enough (or I get 5 exotic goods in a row) to get reliable supplies.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I keep playing on boreal forest maps and winter is indeed coming... I've had to turn to cannibalism each time as attacks cripple my hydroponics infrastructure.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Are there mods that add items or some decoration that improves mental health? I need something to counteract the nihilism that affects all my colonies.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I feel like every mod fucks the trading system up. Because randomly traders will disappear forever and then suddenly I get ten traders in a row. Whereas unmodded it seems more regular.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I think they need to adjust the amount a person hauls or do something with the hauling system. My colonists can almost never keep up with all the hauling that needs done, and thats with toolbelt mods that increase productivity.

Cmon you fat fucks I think you can carry more than 1 medicine at once or whatever. Seems like the time to complete a task is way out of line with the amount of tasks that need done.

Or even a temporary zone option where all colonists will focus on completing any work available in a given area, so you could drag and drop and they would only focus there.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

How often should events occur? I haven't played in a few versions but it seems every game I play now (with a few innocuous mods) turns into no events really happening or escalating?

Or did they change the story teller casandra to be more spread out?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Nice of them to release a hotfix that breaks all the mods.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

beerinator posted:

I am using a decent number of mods and nothing broke on my end. I did have to turn all my mods back on again though.

Which ones are broken for you?

They mostly work except those popular star wars ones, I have those installed and they are breaking it. Oh well.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

How long does it take to hit late game ?

I feel like I spend several hours getting to a stable point, then something wrecks it, or the game stagnates and I'm really using the dev speed up to just get tasks done/wait for skills to level and proceed along tech path.

Like a needlessly long amount of time.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there a mod for bulk task priority? Like enable only the top skills for all your pawns?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

boar guy posted:

...beyond the task priorities list?

Does it let you disable enable skills for all pawns in one click somehow?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

My long running colony died due to 30 manhunting foxes overwhelming them, rip.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

How do you use the repair kits in Android Tiers? My androids get shot up or w/e and I can never get them repaired/healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The mechanoids expanded mod always crashes on map load for me, does it require Royalty or something hidden I can't see ?