Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Al Borland posted:

I wont be on much besides co-op these next few weeks. I need to focus on my school work and projects. So sorry if you guys don't see much of me.
Ditto for me.

Not to mention youtube is now constantly giving me Gundam Online commercials before everything I watch. It knows too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
New patch is out.

New EX Gashacon has 300 items inside. Aside from the usual DX and Master mechanic tickets, deck cost and garage tickets can be acquired here as well, a first for the EX Gashacon.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

New patch is out.

New EX Gashacon has 300 items inside. Aside from the usual DX and Master mechanic tickets, deck cost and garage tickets can be acquired here as well, a first for the EX Gashacon.

Sell deck cost tickets they arent permanent and are totally not worth it.

Good luck guys.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

Sell deck cost tickets they arent permanent and are totally not worth it.

Good luck guys.

To clarify, if you use ten you get +300 deck capacity for only 30 battles. Deck capacity is gained permanently through playing games and getting EXP.

EXP is proportional to how many points you scored that game.

E: Deck cost tickets sell for 1000 GP each. You need 10 to get the +300 capacity, may be worth keeping around if you don't play much otherwise so that you can run heavier suits. Just don't pay real money for this bonus since it is temporary.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 25, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Oh guys. Guess what it looks like we all got 30 master tickets for some reason.
Enjoy.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

Oh guys. Guess what it looks like we all got 30 master tickets for some reason.
Enjoy.

Apology for big bug that was fixed
If you hit someone with weapon A
Then quickly switch to weapon B before weapon A hit
Weapon A's attack would deal the sum of both weapon's damage

ie.
Dom flash -> bazooka switch -> Salty feddies
Wolf charged beam -> instant rocket -> 1990 damage (450+770+770)

Characters made before January 18th are paid these tickets.

E: 30 Master tickets is about $60 USD, use them carefully!

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 23, 2014

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How long has that been a thing?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
That's a lot of master tickets.

Also I really wish your deck cost went up faster. I want to replace my FS with a custom efreet but that's like 500 games away + losing a bunch of modules (FS feels anemic now after using action zaku). Dropping some BC on temporary extensions is looking realy tempting. 30 games is what, 10 hours worth of playing, for 3 bucks.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

-Troika- posted:

How long has that been a thing?

Last 2 weeks. The people most likely to use it were Wolf GM users, if you feel you've been getting insta-gibbed often lately its because of that.

Zo posted:

That's a lot of master tickets.

Also I really wish your deck cost went up faster. I want to replace my FS with a custom efreet but that's like 500 games away + losing a bunch of modules (FS feels anemic now after using action zaku). Dropping some BC on temporary extensions is looking realy tempting. 30 games is what, 10 hours worth of playing, for 3 bucks.

Just be aware that if you play something short like co-op or 6v6 local versus it will count as a "battle". Although I haven't seen you play anything otherwise so it shouldn't be an issue :v:

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
30 master tickets? I hope I got them. This drat game is taking way too long to patch.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:toot: That FS blueprint I crafted is shotgun traited. Maxed speed and load cap.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

-Troika- posted:

:toot: That FS blueprint I crafted is shotgun traited. Maxed speed and load cap.

Very nice, FS is the fastest suit that can wield a shotgun as well as bazooka F. The suit can be armed a ridiculous number of ways.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 24, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Last 2 weeks. The people most likely to use it were Wolf GM users, if you feel you've been getting insta-gibbed often lately its because of that.

Damnit I loving wondered why my Makaku was getting shredded every time all of a sudden.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I'm getting the feeling that the game isn't patching at all.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Did you change your timezone to Japan? I have to do that or it doesn't patch right.

Also some of the new suits in the balance patch have been posted. M'Quve Custom Gouf! Commander Zaku Sniper loadout! A makaku that's support for some reason!

randombattle fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jan 24, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

randombattle posted:

Did you change your timezone to Japan? I have to do that or it doesn't patch right.

Also some of the new suits in the balance patch have been posted. M'Quve Custom Gouf! Commander Zaku Sniper loadout! A makaku that's support for some reason!

I changed the timezone. I'll see how it goes. Hopefully I get back in time to grab those suits!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think those are going to be in with the balance patch on the 29th. But there's some useful stuff in the ex gachapon so you definitely want to get as much in as possible for those suits.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Lots of interesting things to come.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I think it's working now but I can't connect. I have Mudfish installed but I'm not sure if I have to do anything else. I looked around their support forum but couldn't find anything.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Where does the problem happen? Like does the game launch and die before server select or does the launcher time out?

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

randombattle posted:

Where does the problem happen? Like does the game launch and die before server select or does the launcher time out?

It happens at the login screen. I don't get any kind of notification of me not being able to log in either.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sounds like a problem with your VPN. If you use wtfast try just picking a vpn from tokyo instead of letting it pick the best one. I sometimes have some problems when it does that. If you don't use wtfast I dunno cause it's the only one I've used.

If that doesn't work try repatching in the launcher.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

randombattle posted:

Sounds like a problem with your VPN. If you use wtfast try just picking a vpn from tokyo instead of letting it pick the best one. I sometimes have some problems when it does that. If you don't use wtfast I dunno cause it's the only one I've used.

If that doesn't work try repatching in the launcher.

Switched it to Tokyo and it got even worse, haha. This is mildly irritating.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Man that's strange I dunno what could be the solution be beyond reinstalling it.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

Switched it to Tokyo and it got even worse, haha. This is mildly irritating.
Yeah, if it's stuck at the loading bar and doesn't give you any sort of message it means your VPN isn't working.

I recall AlBorland saying that one of the Japan based VPNs doesn't work on mudfish.

My WTFast sub is expiring in a week so I'm going to try mudfish as well.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I got WTFast. Still can't play.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

I got WTFast. Still can't play.

Tokyo JP3 doesn't work on WTFast. If it was picking a server automatically it may have picked that one. Try Tokyo JP1 or Tokyo JP2.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Lots of interesting things to come.

Those bonus tickets look sweet. More guaranteed good rewards! And it doesn't need to you to play a shitload of games, just one a day!

As a side note after about 150 matches I've finally gotten a SSS result!

On the back of about 15 grenade kills.. which incidentally is the first time I've gotten more than 2 grenade kills in one match :v:

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Tokyo JP3 doesn't work on WTFast. If it was picking a server automatically it may have picked that one. Try Tokyo JP1 or Tokyo JP2.

Tried that and I still can't play. It does the loading bar bit but nothing happens after that. The bar disappears and I have to enter my login info again. I've been itching to play for the longest time.

Edit: WTFast is working now. HAHAHAHA! THE FEDDIES ARE DEAD!

a gentle breeze fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 25, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

Tried that and I still can't play. It does the loading bar bit but nothing happens after that. The bar disappears and I have to enter my login info again. I've been itching to play for the longest time.

Fixed, it's great to see you back.

Zo posted:

Those bonus tickets look sweet. More guaranteed good rewards! And it doesn't need to you to play a shitload of games, just one a day!

As a side note after about 150 matches I've finally gotten a SSS result!

On the back of about 15 grenade kills.. which incidentally is the first time I've gotten more than 2 grenade kills in one match :v:

Did you use the grenade long throw module? Very nice! Looks like that match propelled you to 3 wings, welcome to silver tier matchmaking!

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 25, 2014

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Did you use the grenade long throw module? Very nice! Looks like that match propelled you to 3 wings, welcome to silver tier matchmaking!

No grenade modules/specializations, just found a great way to boost around throwing and used pure numbers to grab kills/assists. Also the win propelled me to the second rank of three wings, and yeah it feels a lot rougher now compared to even just a few tiers ago.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

No grenade modules/specializations, just found a great way to boost around throwing and used pure numbers to grab kills/assists. Also the win propelled me to the second rank of three wings, and yeah it feels a lot rougher now compared to even just a few tiers ago.

I just noticed you weren't using grenade type F either. Yeah, N has more throwing distance despite having less power and blast. It's the same grenade as the default Zaku I's, that makes it more impressive.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jan 25, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
The Gelgoog Cannon is my new love. This suit is beastly in dealing damage and taking it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I really wish I had a cannon over my high-mobility type. That thing is made of paper and is not actually faster then a normal Gelgoog anyway.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

I really wish I had a cannon over my high-mobility type. That thing is made of paper and is not actually faster then a normal Gelgoog anyway.

It's got better melee than the classic gelgoog and it has the best 3pt-burst MMP 80 guns but otherwise yeah. I hope they buff it up in the balance patch.

Either more speed or boost capacity would make it fit better in it's niche.

E:

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 27, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

The double blender is real sweet but it pales in comparison to the gundam spins.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

The double blender is real sweet but it pales in comparison to the gundam spins.

E: Keep the high speed gelgoog, it's getting a great buff!

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 29, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Patch notes!

Generally, armour went up across the board amongst other things.

E1:No Aqua gundam beam shooter nerf, but Zeon aquatic suits got buffed! They will also deal bonus damage in the water (Haigogg and Z'gok E get bonus missile and beam damage, other aquatic suits only get bonus missile damage in the water).
E2:Machine guns buffed across the board, heavy bazookas made superior to assault bazookas.
E3:GM Guard Custom and GM Custom get beam coating on their shields.
E4:Gundams not really touched much. This is a good thing, they will have a harder time scoring kills with beam rifle F.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 29, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Gentlemen, today begins the turning point in the war. Zeon is going to begin its year long humiliation and suffering with brutal and violent payback!

Victory is at hand for us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjaZe3lPF8

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I'm still not entirely sure what the plan was in 83.

Step 1: steal nuke and gundam
Step 2: nuke part of federation fleet
Step 3: use nuke as distraction
Step 4: drop a colony on that bitch
Step 5: that was a pretty sweet explosion right?

• Locked thread