Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I'm liking the buffs to the Gouf Custom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

I'm liking the buffs to the Gouf Custom!

You can boost while swinging the heat rod now.

My favourite part is the aquatic suit buffs and the fact we got higher armour buffs than the Feddys. No more dying in 1 beam rifle F clip is huge as an assault.

Also, Acguy can't be headshotted at all.

They raised everyone's armour without buffing my action zaku's charge rifle, but I'll adapt.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 29, 2014

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Judging from the last 2 posts I'm assuming the patch is live? I'm trying to patch right now and it just launches the game while giving me empty servers.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

YesManKablam posted:

Judging from the last 2 posts I'm assuming the patch is live? I'm trying to patch right now and it just launches the game while giving me empty servers.

Just talking about the patch notes is all.

No, it's not. Empty servers is because they're down for maintenance. When you can see the map rotation in the bandai launcher window that means patch is live and servers are up.

E: 4:18 PM in Japan at the time of this edit. Patch is live 6:05PM.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 29, 2014

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Ahh alright, my bad. Just getting antsy to play with these updates.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Free Triangle posted:

Also, Acguy can't be headshotted at all.

I don't get this at all. He's all head! It should be 100% headshots!

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

I don't get this at all. He's all head! It should be 100% headshots!

Have you seen the Acguy kill:death statistics? It was easily Zeon's worst assault!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Have you seen the Acguy kill:death statistics? It was easily Zeon's worst assault!

Have you seen the Acguy?

That makes sense.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
The Feddies don't have a suit as notoriously bad as the Acguy :laugh:

That said, for a 220 cost beam capable unit it's looking viable now.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Thank gently caress beams are relatively nerfed. I started a feddie guy to see what exactly they do (know thy enemy etc) and was immediately wrecking faces with the default heavy.

I mean part of it was the easier matchmaking but a bigger part is the charge beam that two-shots supports, along with a bazooka, from rank 1 :wtc:

Easily performs better than my upgraded and geared FS in a messy brawl.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

Thank gently caress beams are relatively nerfed. I started a feddie guy to see what exactly they do (know thy enemy etc) and was immediately wrecking faces with the default heavy.

I mean part of it was the easier matchmaking but a bigger part is the charge beam that two-shots supports, along with a bazooka, from rank 1 :wtc:

Easily performs better than my upgraded and geared FS in a messy brawl.

Same charge rifles as the Act Zaku. Also same choice of souped up bazookas since we're heavies. I want ours to be superior!

I get by with the Act Zaku's superior armour and mobility, but yeah the precession GM is a monster for 200 cost.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
You can start patching your gundam now!

E: Huuuuge patch. 1 hour download to go.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jan 29, 2014

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
Been playing this game for like a week and a half now finally decided to man up and create an account on here as well as it gets pretty lonely playing by your self at times

my ign is Zeir

I just applied for the guild as well

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

Been playing this game for like a week and a half now finally decided to man up and create an account on here as well as it gets pretty lonely playing by your self at times

my ign is Zeir

I just applied for the guild as well

I played for a 3/4s of a year on shangri-la instead of francesca(Old main goon guild) before I manned up and starting posting. Thought to myself, hey when I transfer I can show that I'm competent. I came back and francesca's goon guild was pretty much dead :v:. Lots of discontent since people weren't customizing their suits/weapons/learning when and how to use lock-on.

I was glad to play with the remaining goons on Francesca, then I started missing my old suits so I made a guild on shangri-la in the end. The remaining goons graciously accepted to come with me, even though they had gelgoogs.

I'll get you in as soon as it's done patching.

E:By the way there are tangible benefits to joining a guild, it's an extra source of GP and you get a bonus to customization.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 29, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Jokes on you guys they had most of the patch data up while maintenance was going on so you could have done must of it then.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Jokes on you guys they had most of the patch data up while maintenance was going on so you could have done must of it then.

:negative: Sorry for the misinformation earlier.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

randombattle posted:

lol thats what I did as well so I'm alrdy in game atm, luckily it snowed pretty good where I lived so I don't have to go into work today I can whore out on some gundam today

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

The real question is Zaku Green or Shin Matsunaga colors for the HM Gelgoog..

The Makaku gets a Red Comet paint scheme but you need like 5 hella rare shits to do it

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

The real question is Zaku Green or Shin Matsunaga colors for the HM Gelgoog..

The Makaku gets a Red Comet paint scheme but you need like 5 hella rare shits to do it

We'll make an elite team for 6v6 battles and score that paint! Someday.

E: Heat rod boost attack confirmed. A straight lunge.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 29, 2014

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

You can start patching your gundam now!

E: Huuuuge patch. 1 hour download to go.

Took literally 20 seconds from start to finish for me :v:

This is also the first time I've seen the server population at 3 bars. People must be super excited about this patch.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Zeon sure is excited.

54% winning when I left for the night.

Also still gently caress aqua gundams and that god drat beam rifle they have.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Holy gently caress my Gouf Custom is fast now. Hand vulcan N, heat rod T.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
jesus I can't figure out at all what this one daily wants me to do

any ideas?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Zeirnaton posted:

jesus I can't figure out at all what this one daily wants me to do

any ideas?

Kill 2 dudes with mines.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How does the participation ticket system work?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think it's just you get one a day from the first battle you do.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

I think it's just you get one a day from the first battle you do.

Yes. Resets midnight Japan time.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
do we not have something we can use to talk to each other like vent,ts3, mumble, etc

oh yea I just realized the announcer at the beginning of the game just died a few days ago Ichiro Nagai

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
SO I'm gonna buy the Mobile Suit Gundam Online Premium Package right and I found one pretty cheap close to 60$ but as I read the desc about the shipping....lol it said

Ships from Japan. Brand New.We pack with extra care.Delivery time is 7-2297 business days.

went ahead and paid a bit more for a different one but it sure beats that 85$ price on ebay srsly wtf?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

SO I'm gonna buy the Mobile Suit Gundam Online Premium Package right and I found one pretty cheap close to 60$ but as I read the desc about the shipping....lol it said

Ships from Japan. Brand New.We pack with extra care.Delivery time is 7-2297 business days.

went ahead and paid a bit more for a different one but it sure beats that 85$ price on ebay srsly wtf?

Did they change up whats inside? I know that you get a gold Dom single cannon and a Zaku USB controller amongst some extra assorted items.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

Did they change up whats inside? I know that you get a gold Dom single cannon and a Zaku USB controller amongst some extra assorted items.

I don't know 100% whats inside it but it does include the zaku controller and a code for the Dom or a Ground gundam container type I have no idea if the code will unlock both or if u choose one u can't get the other. I doubt anything is different inside from when it first released, its gonna take close to half a month if not a full month b4 I actually get it

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Had the best game ever.

Peep the remaining gauge of dat last game :smug:

It was amazing. We were losing badly the whole game, down almost two full bars for most of the game, until we double nuked them, including one nuke that went off seconds before our gauge ran out. I also solo'd two gundams in a 1v2 with my FS :smug: :smug:

People were flipping out in chat afterwards.

Saved by goks storming them by sea :japan:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I made a gold range traited Zaku I sniper, and I've been using irradiation beam L to be incredibly annoying. It doesn't do huge damage but it pisses people off big time when you poke at them from across most of the map. :pwn:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Glad to see so many new people. Bazookas have once again done a 180 and become from bad to amazing with the new knockdown shenanigans.

So powerful, you barely have to even hit em. So splash may be worth it once more.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

They mentioned changing the explosion radius system but I haven't really figured how it's different.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

Saved by goks storming them by sea :japan:

Aren't they saying Gogg? (ゴッグ). Once known as the worst aquatic suit. That fat brown egg looking guy has a stealth mode, undetectable by radar and mines. Sounds like an amazing match, I'll be sure to watch the replay.

-Troika- posted:

I made a gold range traited Zaku I sniper, and I've been using irradiation beam L to be incredibly annoying. It doesn't do huge damage but it pisses people off big time when you poke at them from across most of the map. :pwn:

Great for killing enemy battleships safely too. I recommend grabbing the extra ammo so you can stay out in the field longer.

randombattle posted:

They mentioned changing the explosion radius system but I haven't really figured how it's different.

It's harder to avoid being knocked down by a bazooka. Still possible but you have to act earlier. If there is no cover handy, the best method of evasion is still to boost obliquely then jump up to maximum height as soon as possible.

Also, if you use heavies their bazooka F's are monsters now.

E: New DX suits preview.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 1, 2014

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Aren't they saying Gogg? (ゴッグ). Once known as the worst aquatic suit. That fat brown egg looking guy has a stealth mode, undetectable by radar and mines. Sounds like an amazing match, I'll be sure to watch the replay.

People said both so I don't know. Honestly I had written the match off so I wasn't even paying attention - I thought we had lost our nukes :v:

I totally forgot about replays, I'll look into it.

edit: It was a gogg! Also we DID lose our first nuke (I thought that was how we got them down to 1 bar but I guess it was just good ol' elbow grease). I also relived my glory of soloing two gundams :)

The heroic dumpling in question:

Zo fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 1, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Dual wield beam guns? And we get a Gabaldy Alpha and a Gelgoog. I don't know about this.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

Dual wield beam guns? And we get a Gabaldy Alpha and a Gelgoog. I don't know about this.

In the clip it took about 9 beam shots to take down a Z'gok(1400 armour), so ~150 damage per beam. About the same performance as the F type full auto beam rifles already in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sigh I bet they will nerf Zeon based on this week because they will just look at the win ratio and not that Federation is playing like garbage expecting one shots and bazooka spam to win.

• Locked thread