Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Serious Savage Garden vibes of that Midnight track. Yuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Riot Bimbo posted:

Pretty loving killer. The energy coming from the crowd was pretty drat intoxicating.

I had a lot of fun, picked up a shirt from the merch table. My girlfriend decided to go to it tripping on mushrooms so i ended up minding her a bit more than dancing, but it was an absolutely killer show

the venue had some sound issues i think, the opener was way worse for this (even though her music was good), but there were these really loud, painful sound frequencies that would just drive you insane occasionally that was obviously not intended

the setlist was a nice mix of Leather Terror, EP II, and EP III mostly. There were a few goodies from EP I like Le Perv and Disco Zombi; and the closer was his Maniac cover.

I think I only heard one song off Leather Teeth

I was there too and I thought it was decent but not great. I think stuff off trilogy is better than leather teeth and leather terror. Best song he played was Meet Matt Stryker. Turbo Killer was underwhelming. Still glad I went.

ProperCoochie
Oct 11, 2004

In Sicily, carbombs are more dangerous than women.

Riot Bimbo posted:

Pretty loving killer. The energy coming from the crowd was pretty drat intoxicating.

I had a lot of fun, picked up a shirt from the merch table. My girlfriend decided to go to it tripping on mushrooms so i ended up minding her a bit more than dancing, but it was an absolutely killer show

the venue had some sound issues i think, the opener was way worse for this (even though her music was good), but there were these really loud, painful sound frequencies that would just drive you insane occasionally that was obviously not intended

the setlist was a nice mix of Leather Terror, EP II, and EP III mostly. There were a few goodies from EP I like Le Perv and Disco Zombi; and the closer was his Maniac cover.

I think I only heard one song off Leather Teeth

Sounds awesome, I'm very excited.

Sadly no mushedrooms but I plan on eating an edible or two once I reach the venue.

Seems like there's a consistent setlist for this tour
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/carpenter-brut/2022/the-uc-theatre-taube-family-music-hall-berkeley-ca-33b300a1.html

quote:

Opening Title
Straight Outta Hell
The Widow Maker
Roller Mobster
Meet Matt Stryker
Paradise Warfare
Run, Sally, Run!
Day Stalker
Night Prowler
Imaginary Fire
Lipstick Masquerade
Disco Zombi Italia
Color Me Blood
Monday Hunt
Hairspray Hurricane
Leather Terror
Turbo Killer
5 118 574
Le Perv
Maniac (Michael Sembello cover)

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.

College Slice

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything of Brut playing here in Finland. Thanks to this thread I checked and they will in October. :dance:

Dance with the Dead gig the next day and then Perturbator with Health + Author & Punisher a few weeks after that. :dance:

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

A Goon buddy of mine finally got the EP we made during covid, uploaded.

[https://youtu.be/BmvSnymYxtI

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

New The Midnight is out on Spotify. Not gonna lie I have no clue when it actually dropped. It's slightly better than the singles were making it out to be but it's obviously no Endless Summer or Nocturnal.

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Behold the power of the DIC
(Dairy Industrial Complex)

Yeah I hate to say it but itís probably their weakest release so far

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

came out this past friday (~day and a half ago)

i listened to about half of it while getting ready friday and its just so slow and boring. i was bummed by the kids and monsters albums but horror show gave me hope. unfortunately it kinda feels like they're down and out at this point.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

My cause is just...my will is strong...and my gun is very, very large!

May I offer you a Vector Seven album in these trying times?

https://twitter.com/_vectorseven/status/1568486691719053312?t=VsC4RARzBEJIxQvOKkSISw&s=19

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Fukken hell that needs to be inside my ears right now.

EDIT: There's some absolute fantastic excecise/driving songs on this album, and I'm pretty sure the 9th track called Decompression is inspired by Space Station 13?

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 11, 2022

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

new Mecha Maiko is out, the opening track is already better than anything on her 2nd album imo.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

two posts in one day? GUNSHIP posted they completed their 3rd album today.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Not the usual fare for this thread, but:

The metal band Unleash the Archers made a synthwave version of one of their songs, and it slaps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh7RbbeBMa4

(this was the second time actually, but the previous one was purely instrumental and didn't have a sick sci-fi music video to go with it)

Nordick fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

New Mecha Maiko LP is out

https://mechamaiko.lnk.to/NOT_OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPhoS0wYfpE