Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I've ended up listening to a number of songs in this genre lately thanks to Youtube recommended videos, and I've also been trying to learn the bass guitar over the last half-year or so. Is this a sort of music that could be played on bass guitar/with a conventional band? Maybe with some kind of... I don't really know the words but whatever it is you hook up the guitar to so it sounds different. I get that it's mostly done with synthesizers but I figured since what they're synthesizing is bass lines maybe they can be done on actual bass.

I don't really have people to talk to about instruments and have just been learning from a couple beginner's books so I have no idea about genres yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh hey, that was cool! Thanks, I think that mostly answers my question.