Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
As somebody that made this kind of music back in the 1980s I don't think I'll ever get why you'd want MORE of it 30 years later. Seemed like there was way too much back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Sabel posted:

Tell us your story.

Naah, I'm gonna lurk and listen to the new guys, even if the drums are too fat.

They are TOO fat.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

5-HT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqSSs8PRmk

Yamaha CS80, Roland Jupiter 8, and the Roland TRS-808

these were the sounds of most every synth band in the 80's. and it owned.

You have any idea what a Jupiter 8 cost? Most people had SH-1's, MS-20's and other mono synths. Only the upper classes could play more then one note at once.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

What do you play now OLD MAN

dubstep

Why are you so butthurt and bitchy? I'm listening with interest to the music. To me it sounds like it's based on early 90's music, like early 16-bit game carts, which me makes wonder why it gets the 80's label.

These days I do film sound design, if that's OK with you.