Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Bruteman posted:

I've been enjoying this for the past week or so

Great stuff, I'm digging this Volkor X! That style of synthwave is my fav, the Laserhawk, Carpenter Brut, kind of of intense at times synthwave. The laidback stuff is cool too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Vargatron posted:

Basically if you like anime/1980s/1990s aesthetics, you'll probably really enjoy this stuff.

Yes please, where do I sign, very welcome stuff.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Young Freud posted:

The new Nine Inch Nails EP is very synthwave inspired.

Plus it's got some cool 3D video game action, with Trent being the guy who did music and sound effects for Quake, the first huge fully 3D FPS adventure!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5v-xeA1w98

Gotta love Jan Hammer, the Miami Vice score is so drat good. The main synth riff of this track gives me deja vu, anyone know what other song may have a similar one?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hadn't heard that, thanks, that's very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4A--GBLkzk

Really got into Fire Tiger lately, so good! One of those 80s style pop rock bands. Figured there'd be the most overlap of interest in this thread. They've got a nice 2020 album out too. So much cool music out there, it's crazy how much there is. And it's a roll of the dice if I happen to hear about it.

That said, my synthwave list of artists to check out is over a hundred I think, I've gotta catch up.