Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

I may be late to this, but this is being released in two weeks. I found it via it having Gunship's new track Vale of Shadows on it:

https://lightintheattic.net/release...companion-album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Darker synth vocals are definitely Dead Astronauts and Confrontational.

That poo poo is my jams.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

GUNSHIP is the best.

Weird to think its been 2+ years since they exploded onto the scene. 2015 feels like just yesterday.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Scandroid isn't really explicitly Christian, but Klayton is pretty devout and used to be a Christian rock guy.

Scandroid is a guilty pleasure but god drat is that Klayton guy ridiculous.

Ridiculous all the way to the bank, apparently.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

redm posted:

I listen to a podcast called Beyond Synth that specializes in this genre. It's pretty cool compared to other similar ones in that the music selection is good, the interviews done with musicians are generally interesting and the host actually manages to make me laugh sometimes.

I really like Beyond Synth but holy crap does that guy have the whole "DJ in love with hearing himself talk" thing down perfectly.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Thanks to Beyond Synth and his super wanna-be Cassy Cason voice and terrible segments (like junk mail ugh) I found out that Mecha Maiko is apparently the new project of the singer from Dead Astronauts. Just a FYI for any fans of the latter.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Digitally Imported added a synthwave channel.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Well that video certainly is a thing

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

They started out strong with how the Ready Player One song sounded (even if the subject matter tie-in is super meh) and have gotten more meh since.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

I was pretty cold on the new Gunship because I loving hate Ready Player One, and their Dark All Day and When You Grow Up were kinda meh.

But it all grew on me.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

I have a few synthwave vinyls that I'm going to ebay soon. I'll post a list here and see if anyone is interested-- I'd rather sell them here than ebay anyhow.

gently caress trying to sell anything on discogs, I just had someone bitch at me for being a new seller with no feedback. Jeez I guess I have to buy a bunch of poo poo off of discogs before I can ever sell or something thanks guyzzz, always making the vinyl community friendly and inclusive.

Fun fact: the only time I had someone reply to a Reddit post telling me I had spelled something wrong was when I replied to something on /r/vinyl

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Times are tough and I need to sell some of my synthwave vinyl I collected from like 2017-2018.

PM me and I'll give you my discogs profile to look through my poo poo. I'd obviously rather sell in bulk to goons than individually ship/sell on ebay, even with media mail being reasonable compared to like shipping used board games or something where the postage becomes insane.

I also have like way too many fukken Mondo / video game vinyl releases from like 2017-2019 as well that I don't mind finding new homes. This is cuz I'm in the core demo of a white nerd in their late thirties that USED to have a good playing job to blow money on poo poo like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

I have a few synthwave vinyl to get rid of, starting with Magnatron 2.0:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224174973125

I can give a goon discount to actually move this.