Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

I am hyped as hell to see these guys in a few weeks, alongside Neoslave and Lazerpunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

underage at the vape shop posted:

Got ignored on twitter (prob because it was a new account) and downvoted on reddit, but I found that in the comments of a thread from when the album dropped. Not as big as I hoped but pretty big

I don't know about Midnight, but a lot of the smaller groups (Irving Force, Kristine, Icarus, Baldocaster, etc) are really active on Facebook.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

The new Icarus is my friday jam

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Irving Force dropped their new track a day early and it's pretty great

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Magic sword, oscillian, John Carpenter for atmospheric stuff.

Irving Force, Judge Bitch, Mega Drive, Dan Terminus, and Master boot record for heavy/energy

Lazerhawk, Meteor, Mitch Murder, The midnight, FM84, and Dead Astronauts for everything in between.

There's so much more out there obviously but these cover a lot of styles, I think

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 18, 2019

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Photex posted:

Mecha Maiko and Dana Jean Phoenix if you want female fronted retrowave

Don't forget about Kristine!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Kristine and Sunglasses kid just nail that sound of a song that would be an 80s summer hit

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I'm not entirely sure this fits Retro wave, but it sure scratches that nostalgia itch: here's some soviet wave: https://majak.bandcamp.com/ .

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

And this movie is called?

Edit: It's "Sound & Fury"

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 27, 2019

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

When googling it I also found this:

quote:

"This fall, the culty country star Sturgill Simpson was supposed to be on movie screens, starring in the satirical horror movie The Hunt. That won’t happen. Donald Trump, apparently misinterpreting what kind of satire The Hunt was supposed to be, tweeted angrily about it, and the movie’s studio cancelled its release. "

This fuckin' timeline

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think I'll check out the movie.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Opinion unchanged.

The album is good and the movie's got some great visuals, gave me some real Love Death & Robots vibes at times since they flip between animation styles and live action a lot.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

The new Magic Sword gave me a lot of Birdy Nam Nam vibes at times (specifically from Manual for Succesful Rioting) instead of Daft Punk, really.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

CherryCola posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQbwVsqByCI

Here's a new track from Indian retrowave artist Popcorn Kid. Loooove him

I dig it

Some retrowave I found recently, Platforms, big FM-84 vibe. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOafSl29AxQ

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I know I'm probably way behind the curve, but I recently found synthpop band Priest, and I'm really digging it

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

If there's no live show it can't be awful, problem solved

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

I will do so, thanks! I'm happily mining the OP for fresh ideas, too.

There's an "essential Synthwave/Outrun album" image that's a good starting point :

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Went back to the albums that got me into this genre in the first place and Lazerhawk is still bangin.

There's actually expanded/updated versions of that image, with more of the subgenres covered

Essentials :

Essentials 2:

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 11, 2020

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I dont know if technically fits, but the new Master Boot Record album just shreds right out of the gate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-zEY7SSbI

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

About goddamn time

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

The 2nd part of the Deep Rock Galactic OST is worth checking out, lots of ambient and darksynth-inspired tracks, some real bangers too.

Edit: The new Meteor album is also out

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 18, 2020

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Hedrigall posted:

I'm late but a) thanks for these! and b) is there any resource breaking down what each of the subgenres mean

All i really know is Gunship (love em) and I'm not super into instrumental synthwave I've tried. Gotta have singing and lyrics. I might give The Midnight a try.

If you like Gunship, Midnight and FM-84 will be right up your alley.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Oh man, together with HEALTH? I may have to break my hermit lifestyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

The CP2077 soundtrack (ingame radio, at least) on the whole really slaps