Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
this thread is so extremely my poo poo

everything owns and I'm probably going to go see com truise in february and also carpenter brut absolutely made the hotline miami 2 soundtrack

hm2 sucks but hotline miami is a very good game and is this thread . exe

if that's been said sry I read page 1 then skipped to here

e. Trevor Something Does Not Exist was a daily listen for me it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Alan Smithee posted:

pet shop boys on qualudes

nailed it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Karl Rove posted:

Anyone not listening to the new self-titled album by Gunship is missing out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpuhy8iBvVo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOKfeDK01iU

gently caress

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I have like a thousand posts itt to catch up with, so I don't know if they count but I went to a Carpenter Brut show in Seattle on Monday and holy gently caress I needed to gush about it and this thread seemed like the right place

that was by far the best concert I have ever been to and that's not hyperbolic in the least

photos cannot do it justice, the experience of their music [played chest-vibratingly-loud], the light show, the visuals, it was incredible

and at the end, this loving happened

they just released a new album [which is very very good] and the entire show was themed around its concept, like they played some of their older stuff mixed in [I caught Turbo Killer, Disco Zombie Italia, Le Perv, and Roller Mobster] but mostly it was the new album. The visuals in the back were a mixture of fake newspaper clippings and video clips they made, which were invoking the satanic panic of the 80s and general attitudes against metal, while showing the origin of the fictional band and their growth in popularity, with this theme that the band really was going around murdering people while they were touring, all of which was mixed with clips from old horror flicks

like I just cannot express how good that show was, I will travel impractical distances to see them live again

e. Oh, and Jean Jean opened for them, and they were pretty good too! Their drummer is ridiculously tall and he was having an incredibly good time

e2. Okay they're a thread favorite, good, all of you have exceptional taste

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 19, 2018

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

My Lovely Horse posted:

I was unprepared for this to an astounding degree

this is basically my post tl;dr'd. Like I knew / adored their music, starting from Roller Mobster [the best song in Hotline Miami 2, fight me] and looking them up on Google Play and getting hooked.

I've seen various chip / video game music shows live, and... for some reason I expected something like that.

carpenter brut was not the same as an Anamanaguchi show

[but Anamanaguchi was insanely good, in their own way]

Fishstick posted:

You guys who liked Carpenter Brut and need more should check out Dan Terminus, Mega Drive, and to a lesser degree Magic Sword

the guys behind me at the show were talking up a Magic Sword show they went to, I definitely want to go. I've been a fan of Mega Drive for a long time

and if somehow people reading this thread haven't played Hotline Miami, it's the best soundtrack ever with a very very good game attached. Play it really really loud. HM2 isn't nearly as good game wise, but fuuuuck me the soundtrack is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

NZAmoeba posted:

It was like people had for years been secretly developing a genre of music based around the idea of "What if we made music that was exactly the poo poo NZAmoeba loves to hear?"

This is exactly how I feel about synthwave / futurefunk / cyberpunk / new retro. Like during the entire Brut show, all of the right buttons were being pushed in my brain. Most of the time I just sat there in awe.

I really can't remember which I found first - the Hotline Miami soundtrack or somehow stumbling on Macross 82-99 - but it blew my mind that these entirely new to me genres existed that perfectly fit me