Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Maleh-Vor posted:

Hey guys, are you ready to get spooky?

https://blood-music.bandcamp.com/album/invaders

Theremins in Synthwave should definitely be a Thing.

This slaps.

Also, I took my contacts out for the night and put on my glasses. Somehow, this makes the album art pop out as 3D on my screen. It's super weird and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I remember when I first got into Perterbator back around 2014 or so, he used samples drawing from the Satanic Panic of the late 80s/early 90s and I thought how it was so campy and I was glad how we got that poo poo behind us. Little did I know how wrong I was.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The album laid it a bit thick with the 80s news reporter and TV commercial samples. That said, it did a good job capturing the feeling of the broken future we inherited.

Overall, not the worst Kids bop.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The new Magic Sword is very disco and it's great. Disco forever.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

We don't have a vaporwave thread, that I know of. The new Dan Mason is so good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Am I the only one who hates Dan's singing? It's the worst.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Photex posted:

I heard one or two of his comedy songs but once he started singing serious stuff with the same drat tone and pacing I tapped out, it's your typical 40 year old at karaoke.

That's basically how I feel. There's a TWRP song, I think No Pants Dance, that he sings on and I liked the song but hated singing. Turns out they recorded a version without him for an earlier album and it's much better.

There's an 80s cover album him and Arin did that's playing every once in a while at my retro game store and every song I've is starkly worse than the original. Their brand of music music itself is so wrote and cheap. There's nothing beyond their novelty.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Carpenter Brut is indeed great.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm interested in what you have.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hot Dad came from here? I had no idea but that makes total sense.

I forgot to post this here. I got this in the mail from my local record store last week.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This is going to be a monster of an album.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Midnight slaps. Hearing the sax go off in Crystalline for the first time was a revelatory experience.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Ecco cover is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's a good album. Not their greatest, but there's more good songs and less filler than Kids. I really like Helvetica and The Search For Ecco.

I haven't listened to it on headphones yet. I think some of the weaker tracks might hit better when I'm in a sulkier mood.