Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Diabolico
Dec 19, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Diabolico
Dec 19, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

*grumblegrumblegrumble*

wc 500

"Untitled" posted:

A flood of blood rushed through my hands. I myself was never fond of the sight of blood but, in my long travels, it was something I had to become accustomed to. As I applied more pressure to the blade I could hear a gurgle come from this bandit. She was nothing but a young girl. She looked at me with a sad look in her eyes as she realized what has become of her. Her face soon scrunched up in pain as the color drained away from her face. Her fragile form soon collapsed in my arms as she fell unconscious from blood loss.

While she was pale from being stabbed in the heart, she looked emaciated. Her thin and frail form was definitely a result of famine. Where her left hand would be, there was this crude appendage fashioned in the shape of a blade. No doubt something that would’ve ended up in me if I wasn’t so careful. I couldn’t help but think that, all things considered, her being this way was all my fault. To think, the work of just some nerd fooling around in a lab would eventually cause this much havok. “Just think about how much you can change the world!” they said to me while I laughed while rebelling the will of god. I was so naive then. I calmly set her limp body down on the ground. "Poor thing", I uttered as seeing thus pitiable being this way filled my heart with sadness. I decided help the poor thing. After patching her up, I picked up her ‘corpse’ and sought out shelter for the night.

I had set a pot of stew over the campfire. It was something I've done so often in my travels but this time I had to be careful of it spilling over. I've never cooked for anyone other than myself. While I was diligently tending to the pot I was surprised by a sudden gasp. The girl awoke with the fear of death fresh in her mind. From the countless times I've witnessed it, This was without a doubt her first time dying. She panicked at the sight of blood over her clothes and checked her wounds which were, without question, non-existent. Her eyes then quickly darted towards the light of the campfire and then towards me. I glared at her. She then averted her gaze, seemingly feeling guilty over what transpired. I then said "Are you hungry?". She nodded her head in silence.

She quickly snatched the bowl out of my hand. She fumbled around a bit trying to eat it but she quickly got accustomed to it. She began to shed tears and wolf down the food like it was the only thing she has eaten in her life. Knowing what I know, it probably was the only thing she has eaten in a long time. While she was finishing off the meal i asked for her name, In a hushed tone she said, “Beth”.

El Diabolico
Dec 19, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

in with lead.

El Diabolico
Dec 19, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Drain pipe (wc: 1175) (Element: Lead)

Working hard wasn't something that was out of the ordinary for those who are Plumbers. As such, today wasn't any different than any other for Phoebe. For a poor girl like her, the only way she could support herself was to take this job cleaning and maintaining the sewer systems here in the deep dark depths under the great city of Polaris. The task assigned to her today was a simple one, flush water out of a reservoir and repair a sluice gate. Nothing out of the ordinary. With her tools in hand, she quickly left the plumbers guild and set herself to her task.

She arrived at her place of work, Area 16-b. It was humid and dark. The light of her kerosene lamp flickered gracefully lighting her path. As she walked, she kept her eyes open for any dangers that would. As a child, her parents would joke at her that monsters lurked in the darkness that would steal her away and chew on her bones. Of course, after living here so long the only thing she has seen was nothing but rats and darkness. While her thoughts distracted her she barely caught a glimpse of the shut-off valve. the leaden pipes slithered from the ceiling to it. she climbed up the steps set aside the lamp and the tool box.

She grabbed the handles of the valve with both hands and attempted to twist the thing as hard as she could but to no avail. She said to herself “drat! That's tough!” but she remembered something her father used to say. “Work smarter not Harder”. She propped open her toolbox and pulled out a long metal wrench. A useful thing which has gotten her through so many tough situations much like the one at hand. She stuck the thing though the valve handle and used her weight to try and force it open. At first it wouldn't budge but then it creaked and soon it it quickly turned. As she picked up her things she could then hear nothing but the constant echoes of water dripping among the stones. With that over and done with she could now get to work repairing this gate.

Having completed her job. Phoebe, began to attempt a final test of the sluice gate. With much effort, she turned the crank. the metal chains clanked and the gate let out a groan. It opened and closed properly, just as it should. She felt a great satisfaction knowing that this was another job well done even though she wouldn’t receive much praise over it. As she was cleaning up after herself she carelessly knocked her trusty wrench onto the ground except it didn’t hit the floor. *CLONK* “poo poo!”, she exclaimed as she picked up her lamp and looked behind the rock she placed the wrench on. There was a grate with a rather large hole. She looked down and saw that her wrence wasn’t too far down. It may not be much but that wrench was a gift from her father given to her on her first day on the job. To her, it was a precious memento. She felt she had to go get it.

Seeing as the Wrench didn’t fall far, Phoebe placed her lamp on the outcropping and she Inspected the grate. The hole was large enough for her to pass through and come back. So, confident in that fact Phoebe jumped in. She landed safely on what seemed to be a metal grate and quickly picked up her wrench. As she stood back up she hear a strange sound. She tried to leave but the floor gave away right under her feet. To Phoebe, that one moment felt like an eternity. It was if time had stopped and there was suddenly nothing in all directions. And just as quickly as her world changed she suddenly found herself surrounded by water. The cold water snapped her back to reality. She began treading water and floated towards the surface. As she broke the surface, it was as if she had been transported into another world. All around her she could see an iridescent glow. She swam towards the nearest thing she could see.

Phoebe pulled herself out of the water exhausted and still in a state of shock. She sat in front of a large boulder. She was wet, cold, and tired. Her body was cut and bruised but luckily she was still in one piece. She looked upwards to see if she could find where she fell from but all she could see a myriad of colors. It was as if she was looking up at the night sky. A feeling of regret came over her. She should have let it be and move on but she didn’t and now she was stuck here in the dark and alone. Unfortunately it was a feeling that wouldn’t last very long.

Phoebe heard a deep growling coming from behind her. She hid behind the boulder cursing her rotten luck. “What is that!” the thought to herself. She peered over the boulder to get a little peek. All she could see from the dim blue glow of the near by fungus was a hunched over figure with a set of huge claws. It was a kind of beast she never saw before. the fearsome beast sniffed the ground as if it knew something foreign was in the area. Phoebe began to panic. She was practically defenseless. All she could do was hide behind this boulder. The beast turned its head in Phoebe’s direction. It took a few deep breaths confirming Phoebe’s fear. It let out a loud growl as it jumped in her direction. Phoebe jumped back, falling on her back on the muddy floor, crawling away from the beast in fear. On the boulder which once offered protection, the beast roared viciously. Suddenly, a dark figure appeared between Phoebe and the beast. The beast jumped at the shadow but was quite violently struck with a leaden club. The figure turned towards Phoebe’s direction. All she saw was a pair of horns and glowing green eyes not unlike the fungus. The figure spoke to Phoebe with in a feminine voice with a strange accent, “We must go. Follow me.”. Phoebe could hear a number of loud howls in the distance. With no other recourse, Phoebe could do nothing but follow.

Both Phoebe and the shadow ran. For how long, she could not remember. The colors of the fungus around them changed as the ran deeper into the caves. while the howls of the beasts that chased them grew louder and louder. The horned woman suddenly stopped. “What were those things!?”, Phoebe exclaimed. The shadow turned replied “You must be a surface dweller. They are the Darkrend. They will eat us if they catch us”. Having stopped, Phoebe’s fear of death welled within her as was about to shout but the woman let out a shrill yell. A rope was dropped. The woman calmly said, ”We’ll be safe after we climb this”.

• Locked thread