Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

I don't have time to do this week's Thunderdome but I'm pre-emptively signing up for next week's!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Sitting Here posted:

dear n3wbs, please do as your dad says and not as he does

I wouldn't rely on this post to mean much next week, you should come back and sign up then. I mean what if the prompt was "write about a character gruesomely murdering your least favorite ethnic minority" I'll bet you'd regret signing up blindly!!!! That's if next week's judge notices this post.

I'll do it man I'll do a story next week no matter what! I swear it on my father's grave, and my own grave!! :toxx:

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

You can count me in on this no-death story.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

This is the first piece of fiction I've produced on my own time. I hope you like it!

---//---

The Supermen
(244 words)

I’m dying
---
“…to reduce the foreshortening of telomeres. Clinical trials begin next month. Incredible stuff, isn’t it Linda? Why I remember…”
---
“…poo poo, long as I’m pulling in some extra income for me and the wife, where’s the problem? Way things’re going I’m gonna need it.” He orders another round.
---
He signs. He cracks his joints and looks at the men across the table.
---
“…cancerous growths. And what’s more it’s spreading at such a rate that…”
---
“…what? Look - well yes, but look - we’ve come too far to stop now. I’m sure there’s something we…”
---
She heaves into the bowl. She doesn’t know where her husband has gone.
---
“…a nutrient slurry, and hopefully we can figure out how to stop this from happening again. I mean God forbid…”
---
“…missing. Authorities refuse to speculate on the disappearance of…”
---
“…Chancellor herself has called for a period of reflection on the use of these technologies, describing them as “unnecessary and grossly immoral”. We cross now to Germany, where…"
---
“…and reports are coming in that the president of the DRC has opted to undergo the controversial procedure…”
---
“…natural term limits. If the people want him out, they’ll vote him out and I for one…”
---
“…has raised concerns about growing inequality and what she describes as a world of “haves and have-nots”. She joins us now in the studio - Linda, it’s good to be…”
---
“…decades-long campaign, documents revealing the fate of subjects of the first clinical trials have been released. The trials, which began in…”
---
I’ve been dying for so long.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

I'm in! And thanks for the feedback, Muffin.

Does anyone have reading on how to do a good mystery story?

• Locked thread