Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

axolotl farmer posted:

This cartoon is by forums poster Neeksy.

Here are some other cartoons that more or less became catchphrases in old threads:

100 million dead from Alfred Nobel's invention
by Lang

That is treason Johnny!
by Richard Newton, 1798

Dying for Bush's oil profits
by Latuff

Hi and Lois hates the library
by Brian and Greg Walker and Chance Browne

Whiskey sours
by Kelly

A second judge has hit the towers
by Glenn McCoy

No survivors
by Glenn McCoy

Pee pee doo doo
by Married to the Sea

by Gary McCoy

Wanted to start the new thread thanking you for this great post - never seen that Hi & Lois before!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed, life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears."But doctor" He says, "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Hadn't seen the Danziger Rush Limbaugh cartoon until now. :stare: Holy poo poo.

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

Here's to another year of Quality Professionals!

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
JRROSE! didn't create Snuffy Smith, but he is the current artist.

Here's to another year of gnashing my teeth at terrible opinions.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

MutantBlue posted:

Here's to another year of Quality Professionals!

The best caricature of Rall. :allears:

Can we have the "she hung up" comic in one of the opening posts?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
:angel: Some Edits & Political Cartoon Fan Art I Did In 2013 :angel:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Going through my stuff and I found this.

Technically it's not complete. I decided it was too :effort: and didn't post it. Until now, because reasons.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

One last joke that this thread would never be complete without:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
These are great. Everyone keep posting the edits you did last year. :)

Rawr Dinosaur
Feb 10, 2012
Yay, new thread!
I hate these political cartoons, but this is one of my favorite threads to read

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

It should probably be mentioned that while Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher cartoons for the Economist and has also contributed to other British publications, he is an American cartoonist based in Maryland who is also the in-house cartoonist for the Baltimore Sun. He does appearances/readings every now and then at the Reisterstown branch of the Baltimore County Public Library. (Although he grew up in the U.S., he was based in London from the late '70s through the late '80s, which is presumably why he still has a lot of British employment connections.)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Can't wait for the year in review mega post, makes me realized how much poo poo happened this year.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Can't wait for the year in review mega post, makes me realized how much poo poo happened this year.
There is always more and it is always worse.

Here is another commonly referenced cartoon:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

CampingCarl posted:

There is always more and it is always worse.

Here is another commonly referenced cartoon:

Out of all the times I have seen this cartoon, this is the first time I realize it's not an Asay. :monocle:

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Yeah, new thread! Maybe I'll actually get to keep up with it this year.

Whatever happened to Barry? Is he still making non-Euclidean political cartoons?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shugojin posted:

Out of all the times I have seen this cartoon, this is the first time I realize it's not an Asay. :monocle:

No it's obviously a feminist cartoon. If it were Asay, he'd expect us to agree with the horrible teacher, not the student pointing out that sex is awesome.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Rawr Dinosaur posted:

Yay, new thread!
I hate these political cartoons, but this is one of my favorite threads to read

I think it's safe to say we ALL hate political cartoons.

I only made a few edits last year and I don't remember them. Here are new Clovistoons.

Lousy government.

Lousy crime at Christmas.

Lousy Tax Axe (also GARBAGE DAY).

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hello new thread.
I look forward to the new horrors and wonders you will bring.

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

XyloJW posted:

Okay!

I liked this one

and this one, which was NSFW

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Friends Are Evil posted:

Yeah, new thread! Maybe I'll actually get to keep up with it this year.

Whatever happened to Barry? Is he still making non-Euclidean political cartoons?

I'm pretty sure JaggerMcDagger is in his basement painting blood runes and imploring the spirit of Barry to bless us with more art.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

axolotl farmer posted:

100 million dead
by Lang

Hoooooooly poo poo, this is literally the most ignorant thing I've seen in my whole life.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I think this needs to be posted here for posterity.

Also this Daryl Cagle column that ran in The Notebook (with responses by other cartoonists, including Rall), a trade magazine for editorial cartoonists.

And a cartoon by Eugene Payne that's about MLK from when he was still alive. This (and 9 other cartoons) won him a Pulitzer in 1968.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Broken Loose posted:

Hoooooooly poo poo, this is literally the most ignorant thing I've seen in my whole life.

Stick around, you'll get new things to compare it to.

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

This is amazing. Granted, Rall's a soft target, but it hits that target so perfectly.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

XyloJW posted:

Okay! Uh... drat, I barely did anything for the thread in 2013. Stupid employment. THANKS OBAMA!

Well, just remember to always picture this when you read a Mallard Fillmore strip:

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

Melaneus posted:

Okay! Uh... drat, I barely did anything for the thread in 2013. Stupid employment. THANKS OBAMA!

Well, just remember to always picture this when you read a Mallard Fillmore strip:

This is probably my favorite edit of all time, and not just because I have no idea how to make gifs.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hey Rorus Raz, I think you were the one who did the edit of a cartoon of Obama missing a basket, where Bush spectacularly misses followed by MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

I tried to go through the last thread to find it, but you post so much Asay that I started to get too depressed. Might you have that one?

Oh, also the one where Obama launches his head as a missile.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I only started with this thread a couple months ago, but already I can feel myself slipping into the abyss. Here is a thing I did:

Ditocoaf posted:

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

John Podesta looks like this:

Let's run that cartoon through a de-ramirezification filter on my cartoon-o-dex, to see whether the Caricature Base Quantity is any better once the Ramirez factor isn't skewing the result as much.

Hmmm. Not quite enough, there's still a little too much Ramirez in this image to make out whether it actually resembles Reverend Podesta . Let's try another pass through the filter.

Uhh... maybe? It's probably human? Let's try cranking the settings up a bit and filtering it again.

Oh god, too far! Quick, I'll run the filter in reverse and see if we can restore any clairty to this situation. The cartoon-o-dex is beginning to overheat.

Ah poo poo, shut it down.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 1, 2014

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
This thread's missing the "Woo! Good Thing!" Edit, but otherwise it's shaping up to be pretty goodl

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

I love this edit so drat much.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Lord_Ventnor posted:

This thread's missing the "Woo! Good Thing!" Edit, but otherwise it's shaping up to be pretty goodl

BAM!

I still remember you BAR BEE even if everyone else has forgotten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itfb2tfKuLk

And some other ancient cartoon history.

Anyone have the
HO
LL
YW
OO
DO
G Colonel Neo Sanders composite?

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 1, 2014

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

-Zydeco- posted:

Colonel Neo Sanders composite?

It was Duke Neo Sanders and sadly I think it was forever lost in the death of waffleimages.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Au contraire

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

someone needs to post the emails from him about this one

made of bees
May 21, 2013
i'm pretty sure someone already did, and he threatened to sue for libel or something.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Skeleton Frat Party is the best edit of 2013 and possibly all time, I bust out laughing whenever I see it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Holy poo poo.

If I saw this profile on OKCupid I'd loving drop him in a heartbeat. He sounds like an incredibly insufferable douchebag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

Au contraire

You're a peach. Thanks.

• Locked thread