Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Looking forward to another great (mind and soul destroying) year of politoons! Wonderful OP, Raz. I love the header image.

It's hard to believe I've been reading this thread for five years, now. Not really sure I can take much more.

Mister Beeg posted:

I drew some parody editorial cartoons last year. Here they are:

We should make a resolution to do more goon created cartoons, because these are great, especially the Rall parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Since we're posting goon-made stuff, I made this a little while back:

I only drew it, some posters in the thread wrote it.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Mister Beeg posted:

Ted Rall goes home.

I think Tod's idea of heaven would continually arguing with everyone.

"You're home, Ted!"

"No I'm not, gently caress you!!!!"

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Where's that Dry Bones edit with the jumping Kirschen stand in? I believe there was a small one with him jumping, and then another with him jumping between a debating Obama/Romney, holding up a "free Jonathan Pollard" sign. They were amazing, I can believe no one posted it (or maybe I just missed it)!

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Vogon Poet posted:

Wow, I can't believe someone remembers that old Obama/Romney/Kirschen gif I made. I managed to track down the original gif. These are both by The Selling Wizard:

I also found this, by Rorus Raz:

And this was my contribution:

Yes, these. Awesome! I'm kind of surprised the little jumping guy doesn't get used more often -- seems like he'd be pretty useful.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Ammat The Ankh posted:

How are you supposed to read this? "I communist New York"?

And yeah, this is Gorrel levels of lazy.

Unrelated: We made the front page! And by "we" I mean those of you with the talent to make edits.

Dude, it's a RAMIREZ!!!!

I know, I thought it was Gorrel when I first glanced it, too.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

oobey posted:

I was at my parents' house today, where I opened their newspaper to this unfortunate sight:

If you've ever wondered whether or not Catalino gets paid for his poo poo and/or if he's actually published anywhere, I'm sorry to report the answer seems to be "Yes."

Edit: To add further insult, this paper used to be the home of Ben Sargent until he retired. So they've replaced him with Ken Catalino. There is no God.

Huh. It might have actually made me laugh, if it didn't have that stupid newspaper box in the corner. But he probably stole that joke from "Cow and Chicken", too. It seems really familiar.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

I'm thinking of commissioning a few "Good Cartoons" from our friend, Snafu. Any ideas?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

You know, when I see guys in dark glasses and trench coats, I think FBI, or maybe CIA, not NSA. I mean, the NSA finds out stuff and SENDS the big scary MIB, but they aren't actually that ones that go out and kick rear end, I don't think?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Krinkle posted:

Yeah see this guy? Don't commission him to draw things. gently caress this guy.

It's sooo obvious you want to see this guy draw "pants on the ground".

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Stultus Maximus posted:

Skelley is infecting his funny pages strip

This strip really is beautiful. I mean, many artists would have just phoned it in with talking heads, but just look at the action and gesture taking place! And nice angle change from panel to panel, as well.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Wolverton did a really racist cartoon about slavery where the black guy expresses gratitude that his ancestors were abducted from Africa, because Africa is currently a less than savory place to live.

It was really shocking, since normally his work is bland and inoffensive. Surprised no one remembered.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Uh, what? Are you sure you're not thinking of Dutch cartoonist Arend van Dam?

Ugh, yeah, I meant that one. I wonder if he got any angry letters about that one.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Rebochan posted:

The monitor is not the computer. Duh. :smuggo:

Hey, a lot of newer computers are just one big monitor. :colbert:

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

XyloJW posted:

Hahahha, someone on here paid him $15 for this?

I got the feeling this was probably the first commission he's ever received.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Rorus Raz posted:

The person who paid for that pants donkey picture needs to fess up and accept their new avatar.

I want my title to read "patron of the arts".

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Mordiceius posted:

This made me laugh really hard when I saw it. Peak Muir.

I don't understand why he would trace a woman trying to catch a man's jizz as it flies into her face.

Also, that hand gesturing reminds me of a particular comic artist, who drew a series called "The Amazing Machine" or something. You could tell he posed for all of his reference photos, because every single character made the same exact expressions and hand gestures ALL THE TIME. And they were very bizarre.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Rorus Raz posted:

This guy is looking like quite the fool, and you might notice that you can't see his pants in this cartoon.

Careful with that kind of talk... I did pretty good for tips this morning and I've got a little extra dough to spend...

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Mister Beeg posted:

Keith Knight drew this "Pluggers" parody:

Have had this one happen to me before. Wish I could laugh, but it just makes me really angry.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Internet Webguy posted:

I thought Bennett would be above fat jokes.

Why would you think that? Bennet does at least two generic, lowest hanging branch cartoons a week.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Obama's flaccid penis is larger than McCoy's is erect. An Honest Cartoon.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Spiffster posted:

GET IT!? He is a communist and his eyes are red! He's SEEING RED! :roflolmao:

Also I think somehow Branco's art is getting WORSE somehow...

This one is from 2010, so his work has marginally improved. Not that that's saying much.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

When I first saw this I read "entitlements" as useless bullshit the military doesn't need versus benefits for actual soldiers. Almost A Good Cartoon.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Bill Watterson did art for a movie poster, the Penny Arcade guys are in the movie. :geno:

The first art by Watterson in almost two decades, but people wanna snark about two fools who occasionally say dumb things but still enjoy success. Idgi

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

I tried to draw a caricature of Putin a while back as an experiment, and I agree, it isn't easy to capture that dead-eyed essence. Why not just do what all the conservative cartoonists do with Obama and draw him as some sort of alien freakazoid?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Whoa, someone drew a bear with an actual Russian flag on it, instead of the hammer and sickle. Has anyone else done that yet?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Mister Adequate posted:

I don't want to start one of our regular Latuff derails but... what the gently caress is this even trying to say? :psyduck:

Basically that America is against any revolt that involves the People versus the Man. Standard Latuff, really. Although, I dunno why Obama has a big ol' Pinocchio nose.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Okay, so I sketched this last night, but after seeing all the goddamn masterpieces this morning, I feel like a loving amateur:

Is satire even possible any more? Oh well, at least I got a bitchin' new avatar.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sorry, Obama doesn't look enough like a homo weeny for anyone to think this is a real comic. You'll have to try again.

Seriously, I mean that first one Glenn McCoy did was ridiculous. Next time I'll have to draw him in an old-timey schoolboy's outfit with a giant lollipop.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Darkman Fanpage posted:

LMAO Obama so stupid!!!

I sure am happy that a man I consider to be the enemy of everything "free" is so much smarter than the man sworn to protect all that I hold so dear.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Rorus Raz posted:

You'll know there's been a goon donation when Muir does a comic with Zed talking about donkeys with their pants on the floor.

Don't tempt me. I really can't afford it right now.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

I'm confused (I know, I know), I thought Skye went to live with the Don in Argentina? Causing BJ Russian (or Saving Private Russian) to leave his dream job as a helicopter pilot?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Jagchosis posted:

What font does Day by Day use?

I want to start making fun of this piece of poo poo right wing schizophrenia but I need this crucial information first, plz 'n' thank u

Pretty sure it's a blambot typeface, one of their premium ones.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Zemyla posted:

What's the other key reason?

Like Ted Fall's comic, the post commenting on it is also unfocused. A Good Post.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

LCL-Dead posted:

Understandable.

I guess I can kind of relate to his POV being that I'm technically a high school dropout who now works a gov job making about 30k more than what the average college grad makes, all while I watch my wife's best friend and numerous high school friends bounce from job to job every 12-18 months after rubbing their education in my face when I joined the military.

With that in mind his comics are actually quite funny to me. Don't get me wrong though. I have felt the stab of the "education / experience" fangs when I was initially job hunting.

I graduated college, but if I could go back in time, I would have told myself not to bother, as now I work for minimum wage in the service industry with no hope of things ever getting better. I think Tinsley's May graduation comics are spot on. The main reason I don't like is that they come off as anti intellectual. Education is a good thing and people shouldn't be punished for trying to better themselves.

In another thirty years when a generation or two college educated people spend their working lives in crippling deb, working jobs that never needed degrees to begin with, what will the world look like? I think the main thing that keeps me going is curiosity about the future.

mrbotus fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 6, 2014

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Bennet is an in-house artist (rare these days), so he's obligated to produce content regularly. Of course most of his work is going to be bland, "a thing happened" cartoons. I wish you guys would get over this poo poo.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Shugojin posted:

He's still on about that photoshop huh?

It's like people who unironically love The Comedian.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Post 9-11 User posted:

There's only so much you can sleep in a hospital, I watched Four Brothers during my stay. Twice. Finally watched Castaway, though, so there's that.

They never even sent me the $16 bill for the other days I wasn't around to pay for, what a lucky ducky I am (nevermind the $20k in phony debt for a hospital stay I was forced to at gunpoint by seven terrorists who broke into my home and kidnapped me, no big deal).

IBM tried to do this with mainframe terminals. Microsoft tried to do it with the codename Longhorn OS. What they didn't know is all you have to do is give it a cute name and catastrophically stupid people will Rent-A-Center their own programs. :vince:

Someone please nuke this failure of a country. Repeatedly.

Fake edit: I actually hadn't read the forth panel before I made the RAC comment. :downs:

Without Adobe's leasing model, I couldn't afford their software, period. And pirating becomes more and more tedious every year. Being a serf sucks, but I needs my software, dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Mister Adequate posted:

More importantly, no matter how arduous it is, you generally don't have to interact with another human being, or certainly not nearly as much as at a regular checkout. That's worth any amount of finicky weight sensors and poo poo.

There's a particular finesse to using those things, but it CAN be done. Actually, the lack of human interaction is what motivated me to learn, since the 1-2 cashiers on duty are almost always gigantic assholes (not that I don't sympathize).

• Locked thread