Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Rorus Raz posted:

Joe Liccar - Hideously bad art, moderately conservative. Father of Goombama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

HipGnosis posted:

Isn't 1 World Trade Centre supposed to be 1776m tall?

Feet.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Standard Gorrell laziness, but worth noting that he took out Robert E. Lee's statue and put in a black man.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

XyloJW posted:

That's how it is in Mississippi. Every year, everyone's Facebook fills up with "Happy Robert E Lee Day!" or "Happy MLK Day!" and never both, and it's the Civil War all over again, but on Facebook.

And the Robert E Lee guys have no idea what's wrong with that, or why it only became a thing after MLK day became a thing. I mean, their birthday's are like a day apart or something, but still.

My local dump is closed on "Lee-Jackson-King Day," which says a bit about how slowly rural VA changes.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

Yeah, we kind of did fund and arm the Taliban during the Cold War era, because they were not too keen on Russia, and "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thinking kicked, and nobody thought to ask "but how do they feel about us?"

We kind of get all "old lady who swallowed a fly" about this poo poo over there, which is why they do not care for us.

Mujahideen, not the Taliban which wasn't formed until 1994.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

That's a beaut

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Gay people are sometimes beaten and killed because of their sexuality, but black people are beaten and killed more because of their skin color. Ergo, gay people should shut up and just accept it when horrible things are done to them. Also, I have never spoken about the ways in which black people are discriminated against before and will continue to not talk about the ways black people are discriminated against except as tactic to shame and silence homosexuals/anyone who disagrees with me."

-a douchebag

Hey, is there a word for when people bring up the struggles of one group specifically to invalidate the complaints another unrelated group that's also struggling? Like in this comic or when people go "American women should shut up about being denied access to birth control because women in (insert foreign country here) are stoned to death just for having vaginas!"

Yup, the fallacy of relative privation.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

CampingCarl posted:

I can't decide if he meant golf courses are safe because Obama wouldn't ruin the place he spends all his time or because there aren't many minorities there. I am sure lots of gold courses have manual labor done by 'illegals' anyway.

Apparently there's at least one private whites-only golf course in my state, according to my coworker; maybe Muir goes to one like that.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Goombama 2.0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Okay this looks astonishingly like a lot of the white supremacists I had to grow up around. Like, the majority of them.

Uncanny.

• Locked thread