Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Here's some projection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

I don't know what's supposed to be going on in the first one. Who is that supposed to be in panel 3?

And surely your kids will be mooching off the same billionaire grandparent that you've been mooching off your entire lives?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
I wonder what Muir thinks that pose is supposed to be?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

How do you pay benefits for anything? Aren't you unemployed and spending all of your time sitting in some dirt wearing a sun dress?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Wait, which baby is this supposed to be now?

isn't that thing in the middle supposed to be her child?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

At least he drew Chick-fil-A as having waffle fries, unlike some idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF00qCIGe04

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Yeah, I was trying to figure out why I wasn't liking this Kelly as much as others and I think it's because it's too close to what people actually say. All this cartoon is doing is taking things conservatives say and putting good artwork on it. I like Kelly because he takes conservative (outdated, politically incorrect, I don't know the right term to use for this) viewpoints and takes it to an absurd level. This is a little too subdued to be as effective as he normally is.

You're right, that Kelly is much more reasonable than this cartoon:

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

The middle clas-OMG!

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

That is a loving awful filter job you did in panel 2, Muir.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

What.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

God I love Rob Smith Jr.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Engineers like me like a c-challenge.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

People always say that political cartoons were always bad and that we're only looking at the good old ones so it messes with our perspective. I will only believe this is true when somebody manages to come up with the 60's version of Liccar. The opinions on these old cartoons may be hit and miss but as far as I can tell at least they were all at least decent artists.

Do you think anyone will really remember Liccar a day after he retires?

The only thing notable about him is that his art is really, really bad. I'm sure his 60s counterpart was just as forgettable and didn't have the internet to archive/distribute his work.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Who's supposed to be talking in the second panel?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Three entire panels of near coherence! That's a new record!

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Time for a Lester classic

WOMEN WEAR PANTS

I... this seems to AGC itself? I can't think of how you're supposed to interpret this in Lesterworld.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

The mail system is... attacking people? Not sure what Muir is after here.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
Rob Smith Jr. is a delight.

He's both crazy and stupid and libertarian enough that he almost always creates the exact opposite of his intended effect.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

I'm trying to think of what Rob's problem with Captain America could have been. Is he no longer a symbol of All-American values and strength?

He's also made Glen Beck look like a crazy idiot.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
I don't get how Muir can go from wanking off to the military doing incredibly questionable things and getting a boner anytime mentions racially profiling Black/Middle Eastern/Mexican Americans, but then simultaneously be paranoid that these government agencies are "going too far" and becoming overly militarized.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

loquacius posted:

No, see, you're not trying to reconcile those two ideas hard enough. It makes sense because the secret atheist army is actually a secret Muslim army. :tinfoil:

Atheists and Muslims are essentially the same in that neither believe that Jesus is Our Lord.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

I... Is the snow supposed to look like something? Is there any kind of comment here?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Mniot posted:

How many people are both far-right wingnuts and have memorized most of Monty Python's repertoire?

To be fair he gets it wrong more often than he gets it right.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Now suck my dick.

Zed tears up the letters because he likes having sex with tall men?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

The sy-fy author?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

MisterBadIdea posted:

Two different sets of laws is, for all practical purposes, no law at all, and robots' meager three laws are still more than zero. I think that's where he's going with this at least.

And giving him the benefit of the doubt, bending the law for cronies is something worth criticizing. I'm only dimly aware of the stories he's talking about but Cuomo and Di Blasio should probably be asked some hard questions at the very least. I notice though that Muir's critique of political corruption does not extend to Republicans like Chris Christie or Bob McDonnell who have provably, smoking-gun, committed wrongdoing themselves.

I don't think Muir has a particularly high opinion of Christie, he's been pretty vocal about his loathing of any Republicans outside of the Tea Party base.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

"Bimbo eruptions"

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

quote:

I like how he filtered the screenshot of the Drudge Report.

Sir Rolo fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 23, 2014

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

The Naked & The Dead.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

What the gently caress is the point of this?

I NEED COFFEE!!! ACK!!!

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

What?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

jesus gently caress my eyes

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Wales Grey posted:

edit: What's the occasion for the new thread title?

This comic.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

So glad Muir will never actually reproduce.

• Locked thread