Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Rall's little bio should include the fact that despite that he comes off as a contrarian 20-30something, he's 50 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Tell Rall thinks that AOL being slow is a result of the NSA spying on Ted Rall.

Old people and computers... :allears:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

I haven't heard anything about McMillan in almost a year now. What happened to her?

She died after eating a papaya she found on the ground that was half-eaten by rats. RIP Stephanie McMillan.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

I prefer to believe wikipedia's take on Dustin, personally.

The Talk page discussion of Dustin in pretty great too.

The page is gone now. :saddowns:

e: Nevermind, your link was just incorrect. :downs:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

Does anyone have the comic of the guy who invents the cure for cancer, then Obama says "you didn't build that" and the guy throws it away dejectedly? I realized recently that I use that comic as an aphorism when I run into largely psychological setbacks. I'll be acting all overly negative then I just think, do you really want to be the guy who threw away the cure for cancer because Obama hurt your feelings? I still have trouble grasping there's any other way to interpret that cartoon.

You bet!

Wait that's the edit.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Lycus posted:

I have never watched that show, but I've heard about it a hundred times, and each time it's someone describing another episode with a hilariously stupid premise.

There's an episode where SVU (you know, the sex crimes unit) goes undercover to stop an animal smuggling ring. Stabler eats tiger meat, a man is eaten by hyenas in his own house and the detectives callously make a joke about it and Captain Cragen gets to hug a monkey that was hidden inside a basketball.

SVU owns, is what I'm getting at.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

As someone who never watched that show, could you explain here?

He's wrong, that scene was awesome.
I'm trying to remember exactly what happens, but Alan Shore (James Spader) accidentally takes a case where a black girl was denied the role of Annie from...Annie. Al Sharpton bursts in as the case almost ends as a favor for Denny Crane.

I couldn't find video but oh hey, here's the script part.

Judge Rita Sharpley: Sarah, that was magnificent. But the other little girl was quite good, too. And given the discretion that has to be allowed to producers in these situations...
Alan Shore: Your Honor, we have something called the Equal Protection Clause, we have something called the 14th Amendment-I believe it's actually required reading for judges. I could be wrong there.

Reverend Al Sharpton: Could I be heard, your Honor? I heard about this matter. I would like to address this court on what I consider...

Judge Rita Sharpley: I'm sorry, Reverend, but you have no standing here.

Reverend Al Sharpton: I have standing as an American citizen speaking up on a civil rights violation.

Judge Rita Sharpley: Reverend Sharpton, I will ask you to step down...

Reverend Al Sharpton: I have standing as Bobby Kennedy had standing,...

Judge Rita Sharpley: You have no standing in this meeting.

Reverend Al Sharpton:... on the steps of the courthouse in Alabama!

Judge Rita Sharpley: No one is denying this little girl an education, sir. She just can't play Annie.

Reverend Al Sharpton: You may think this is a small matter. But this is no small matter. This child is being denied the right to play an American icon because she doesn't match the description. Those descriptions were crafted 50 years ago! We're supposed to be in a different day!

Judge Rita Sharpley: Reverend...

Reverend Al Sharpton: You talk about racial equality, how we're making progress. The problem with that progress is it's always a day away. Tomorrow, tomorrow-you love that!-because it's always a day away. I'm here to stick out my chin today! Today! Give us an African-American Spider Man! Give us a black that can run faster than a speeding bullet and leap over tall buildings in a single bound! Not tomorrow-today! Today! The sun needs to come out today! Not tomorrow, your Honor! God Almighty! Give the American people a black Orphan Annie. It's just not good enough to say she doesn't look the part.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Is he friends with the Earthworm Jim guy at all? I feel like they would be buds.

Mannn shut up. It still bums me out to find out that TenNapal is a terrible person. :saddowns:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

All hail President Stratos!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Don't throw money at the poop.

Bill Day has another donation drive going?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

That goddamn motorcycle is melting. Muir can't do anything well, can he.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Except they're in Florida, where you can murder black kids and get away with it.

And is there anything more American? :911:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

And what would Freepers love to do? It's a circle, JaggerMcDagger!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

joeburz posted:

The biggest problem is the one christian idiot shooting backwards.

I'd say the biggest problem is the Christian shooting at his own base. :v:

That's the point of the comic though. :ssh: The evil humanists are united in their goal of destroying Christianity, but most of the other Christians are undermining God's Word in various ways.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Ego the Living Planet, nooooo :ohdear:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

So is the unemployment rate 30%, or is Lester counting children and retired people?

Hmmmmmmmm.

I googled 92 million unemployed and the first link that came up to was rushlimbaugh.com sooooooo

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

God, this is asinine. Oh a president flying around giving speeches; this is certainly unprecedented and completely outrageous.

Obama: Literally the only president to fly around on the taxpayer's dime.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

alnilam posted:

Slightly off-topic, but what are some of your favourite Onion videos? I've found a few really great ones over time.

A few of my favourites:
Franz Kafka Airport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEyFH-a-XoQ
Terrifying McDonalds ad :aaaaa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W0GaF7I0so
Republicans stalling agenda by moving in slow motion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkHw9dcMfoI
Scientists teach gorilla it, too, will die https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJkWS4t4l0k
Dudes too stoked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q
Tea Party quiet... too quiet... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn5c1FuLDd4
Attractive Girls Union press conference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_UbFjUlWnI

:rimshot:

This one, hands down.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Internet Webguy posted:

I've searched long and hard for a point to this, but all I come up with is pee pee, doo doo.

How the gently caress did they blow up a ghost?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I honestly can't tell if this is an edit or not and it's freaking me out guys

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

JT Jag posted:

At least have the guy say "I'm here for the snacks" or "the cheese dip" or something while holding the newspaper. No one goes to a party specifically for Velveeta.

I think if anyone would, it'd be JJROSE.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

ThirdPartyView posted:

I only have one question about that pro-life cartoon: how the gently caress did that fetus get fitted for a set of clothes and get it delivered? :stonk:

Forced trans-vaginal ultrasounds were just the beginning. Stare at your adorable unborn child, weeping mother. We went through the effort of forcing an outfit in through you so he could wear it. The least you could do is admire how he looks.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

joeburz posted:

Umbert the Unborn, Fetolich of Acheron.

D&D already has aborted god-fetuses, too, so you got a Big Bad for your campaign!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Spiffster posted:

YOUR CARTOON IN TODAY POST-PAPER WILL MAKE GREAT LINER FOR THE BOTTOM OF MY BIRD CAGE (?)

Pretty sure that's what it is trying to say, but I've seen better penmanship from a 5 year old so :shrug:

I will swear until the day I die that it say 'PIMP CAGE'.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

colonel_korn posted:

Nothing makes Mike Lester quite so turgid as celebrities dying of drug abuse.

Except for the sound of a fist hitting a woman's face.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Here's a timely New Yorker that actually got a chuckle out of me

Aww I like this. :3:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

fool_of_sound posted:

Is his website seriously 'comically incorrect'?

Yes, and it's hilarious, but not for the reasons he thinks.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I know they're both James Bond references, but I can't help feel that this comic is also a reference to the cover of the Miami New Times last week, which is unexpected!

Saint Sputnik posted:

I wonder if this is consciously supposed to be a Potemkin Village reference or only accidentally

It's a thing that happened.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

crowfeathers posted:

political cartoons: no, they're not twerking

Twerkin' for their moon god.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Lycus posted:

It's creepier to imagine that she's a woman that lives in Muir's neighborhood.

"That weird guy with the hole in his roof is staring at me again." :(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Christmas Present posted:

I don't think it's what Wise intended but 'BUTTZZ!' might be the greatest fart onomatopoeia conceived

:effort:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

alnilam posted:

I know you were being sarcastic, but she's really pretty good looking. Definitely up there with Obama on the "attractive current politicians" list, IMO.

Is McCoy pulling a "female with short hair whom I find threatening = butch dyke lesbonaut" here? Is that a dumb question?

Someone post the McCoy comic that actually shows what he thinks she looks like.

(except he then said "HEY THAT'S NOT HER IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE THE SEXIST PIG :smuggo:")

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen his non Kelly stuff before.

His Visitors comic is in the OP, and is probably one of the most striking cartoons I've seen. Certainly a compelling argument for art.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Didn't Kirchen change his name so he could assimilate better?

Lance Streetman posted:

I learned this firsthand when a Jewish friend of my sister married a dude from Jordan. Her family in the US was pretty cool with it. Her family in Israel disowned her.

Well at least they just disowned her instead of trying to sterilize the dude. :v:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

D.N. Nation posted:

But that guy is SUCH a fruity loser, unlike the real man's man of

It's almost as if these types are so uncomfortable in their heteronormative masculinity that they project like crazy.

Allie looks like an infinitely more punchable Rob Corddry. I do not say that in a tough guy sense. I would never punch anyone in the face, because it's wrong. However, much like Silvio Berlusconi was smashed in the face by a tiny replica house of worship, Allie being punched in the face would cause me to nod and go, "Yes. Of course that happened."

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

A Tropico Cartoon.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Sardine Wit posted:

As an Aussie, I'm pretty much numb to what's happening at the moemnt. Watching the country vote Tony Abbott in on a platform of "STOP THE BOATS" was bad enough.

As an added treat, here's an oldie but a goodie. A funny commercial that a chicken burger place thought was appropriate last time the liberals pushed this horrible human rights bullshit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nando

At the time there was a big argument about whether this was really, really poor taste or whether lefties just needed to grow a funnybone.

gently caress yeh, straya!

Your link leads to the wiki for the old news website Nando.net instead of Nando's.

And really how bad could Nando's be? They gave us this commercial, filled with lots of former politoon subjects! :v:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

American Jews better be careful, just a few acts of treason could see them face legal repercussions!

I am sad he got rid of his comments section. :saddowns:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Randler posted:

I think it's supposed to the AriZona Watermelon Juice, the drink Trayvon Martin was getting at the shop

You mean the drink he was going to use to make thug purple lean drank with!??! :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Uba Stij posted:

This would have been funnier/better if they made the snake look more like Kaa from the Jungle Book animated cartoon.

He made it a rattlesnake for a reason. A snake handling preacher that had a TV show was bitten by a rattlesnake he handled and died.

Throwdini posted:

He's a mentally ill fucker-idiot.

Someone post the picture of him smugly holding Final Fantasy VII-themed soda and holding some sort of noodle hotdog.

• Locked thread