Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Mazda2:
- Polish and seal it
- Oil change
- Maybe transaxle?

Miata:
- Retune
- A/B/C testing on different air intakes
- 225/45R15 Rivals
- Redo seats
- BBK
- AIM Solo

Misc:
- Look into getting a tow vehicle
- Look into slicks
- Try to do a bunch of Chump Car races

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

TrueChaos posted:

Rivals over RS3's? Around here it seems like everyone who went rivals in 225/45/15's on 9" wheels switched back to RS3's. What's your experience been?

The R-S3s are a decent tire that's excellent in cornering, but it has pretty awful braking performance and it doesn't communicate well with any sort of slip angle. It's a really easy tire to control, but unless if you know beforehand that it isn't going to make any noise before you're sliding, it's unsettling. The Rivals act more like an R-comp and are only slightly slower than something like an NT-01. All of the summer tires are really good, but the R-S3 has a weird sweetspot and I want something that's better under braking.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ziploc posted:

I wouldn't. A high rate GPS + an android phone will be better. Bonus points for being able to review poo poo in the paddock in your hand instead of on a laptop.

I have Trackmaster and a Qstarz 818XT. It's a piece of poo poo.

It's better than using GoPro video and guesstimating laptimes; however, the Google Docs backend is loving terrible.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone posted:

Mazda2:
- Polish and seal it
- Oil change
- Maybe transaxle?

Miata:
- Retune
- A/B/C testing on different air intakes
- 225/45R15 Rivals
- Redo seats
- BBK
- AIM Solo

Misc:
- Look into getting a tow vehicle
- Look into slicks
- Try to do a bunch of Chump Car races

Mazda2:
- I did polish and seal it
- Did an oil change or two
- It also got hit
- I'm also getting rid of it within the next 4 months

Miata:
- Didn't get a tune
- Didn't do any intake testing
- Did buy the Rivals, though
- Redid one of the seats, and I'm going to fix the passenger seat when I get it back
- Did do a BBK
- Downloaded RaceChrono instead

Misc:
- Tow vehicle? Lololol
- I looked at some slicks (Maxis RC1s are out), but I'm going to stick with street tires
- I volunteered to be the crew for a bunch of Chump races and now have my own team
- Oh yeah, like 30lbs down so far this year; going to swing for 10lbs lost in 31 days

I hit most of mine. :unsmith:

• Locked thread