Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
SHIELD was real good, though. Blatantly aimed at fans of the show, but still pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

SHIELD was real good, though. Blatantly aimed at fans of the show, but still pretty good

But there was no Crazy Ward in sight.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Is Skye in it? Because that would be weird.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

You mean long established SHIELD agent Daisy Johnson? :smuggo:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, Skye/Daisy's not in it, because she's having space adventures with the Winter Soldier.

Or I think that's what she's doing, who the gently caress knows with the mess the art in that book is. (Well, the colouring, mostly.)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Since this is technically S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol. 3, at least one person will have to be picking up Hickman's series thinking it's connected.
That will be fun.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Since this is technically S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol. 3, at least one person will have to be picking up Hickman's series thinking it's connected.
That will be fun.

It sort of is, as the show is based a bunch from it and it introduced Daisy.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

bobkatt013 posted:

It sort of is, as the show is based a bunch from it and it introduced Daisy.

Daisy's a Bendis creation from Secret War, not Hickman's SHIELD run, which was set in the past. Somebody expecting more of that and getting basically the show set in the full comic universe instead of the movie one would definitely be interesting to behold though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

Daisy's a Bendis creation from Secret War, not Hickman's SHIELD run, which was set in the past. Somebody expecting more of that and getting basically the show set in the full comic universe instead of the movie one would definitely be interesting to behold though.

Yeah but she was not a real character in that, she was just there.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

bobkatt013 posted:

daisy_johnson.txt

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

She got a pretty good series in Secret Warriors, she was pretty much the main character of that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

She got a pretty good series in Secret Warriors, she was pretty much the main character of that.

I know. I love Secret Warriors. I was talking about Secret War.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Daisy is a pretty terrible character in every way shape or form. It's very fitting they took the worst character in the show and made her into Daisy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhyno posted:

Daisy is a pretty terrible character in every way shape or form. It's very fitting they took the worst character in the show and made her into Daisy.

Didn't she blow up Wolverine's heart and/or brain with a localized earthquake? That's all right in my book.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

bobkatt013 posted:

Sure, but she wasn't even there in SHIELD at all. Secret Warriors sure, but not the previous volume of the book by the name in question.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

prefect posted:

Didn't she blow up Wolverine's heart and/or brain with a localized earthquake? That's all right in my book.

What the gently caress do comic writers think earthquakes are? Or is her power to make make anything vibrate.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Kramjacks posted:

What the gently caress do comic writers think earthquakes are? Or is her power to make make anything vibrate.
The latter.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kramjacks posted:

The power to "make earthquakes" would be one of those nebulous things like Storm's "controlling the weather" that, if you wanted to get all hip and quasi-scientific with it, would really be a lot more versatile than it seems on its face.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

McSpanky posted:

The power to "make earthquakes" would be one of those nebulous things like Storm's "controlling the weather" that, if you wanted to get all hip and quasi-scientific with it, would really be a lot more versatile than it seems on its face.

Just like controlling the EM spectrum, or having the power to retard atomic motion.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

McSpanky posted:

Daisy's power has always been "cause vibrations," though; she was never limited to earthquakes, even when she first appeared. She picked the name Quake because, one assumes, DC already had Vibe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Daisy's power has always been "cause vibrations," though; she was never limited to earthquakes, even when she first appeared. She picked the name Quake because, one assumes, DC already had Vibe.

Well, and a girl called Vibe or Vibration or whatever has.... other connotations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What's wrong with a superheroine named The Vibrator?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gaz-L posted:

Well, and a girl called Vibe or Vibration or whatever has.... other connotations.

She was created by Bendis. I'm sure he wanted those connotations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

What's wrong with liking the Beach Boys?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Imagine a world where Good Vibrations is actually a song about Daisy Johnson

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vincent posted:

What's wrong with liking the Beach Boys?

After that last album?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd love to go back and see the Secret Wars artist's studio and count the number of Angelina Jolie reference pictures strewn around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

New year. New thread.

• Locked thread