Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The OP starting off a cynical vibe? Sounds like a good way to start 2014! :v: But joking aside, yeah half of those movies just look cringeworthy.

I'll fight you about Kung Fu Panda thought, the sequel was just as good as the first one. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Shrek 2 was fine, it was until the 3rd and other iterations did the movie just started to do the same crap over and over.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

I just don't get what made people go absolutely ape poo poo for this movie. Like I enjoyed it, it was a cute little movie, just like the first one. But drat man. No one at work seemed to give a poo poo about Monsters University (which came out around then) but everyone was talking about Despicable Me 2. And I even understand why people love the minions so much but come on people it wasn't THAT good!

Also the whole hey dad needs a wife and girls need a mom in their life sour'd me on that movie. Cloudy 2 was goddamn great.

I was a bit worried about the puns but they worked.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

loving slayed me. I was like auuuuuuugh, but laughed at the same time.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah Murray looks nothing like that in the game.

Not sure they couldn't just go with the cel shaded style. Sly looks a bit weird.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Exactly. They didn't do anything with Ratchet or Clank but yet they decide to mess with the Sly Cooper gang. Almost feels like they are trying to show off their skills but it just looks so weird.

Being able to see Bently's eyes really throw me off. They just went a little overboard on Sly. He almost looks like his japanese counterpart. And I do mean that. I recall there was a video in Sly Cooper you can unlock that shows the Japanese trailer for the game and Sly looks way more different.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Considering the plot seems to be getting the pieces of the book before Clockwork I"m assuming before the incidents in the 2nd game.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God that movie was trippy rear end balls in terms of animation. Up there with Felix the Cat.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Isn't HTTYD2 being done by a different director or the same on as the HTTYD? I'm assuming when most of these movies come out they have different directors on them. I really doubt the Mr. Sherman and Peaboy/Turbo where made by the same director of HTTYD2.

But I do agree, I really hope HTTYD2 delievers because those two movies just make me go man Dreamworks is the same ol poo poo again, when they do have some pretty good movies.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
All good for me then. poo poo like Turbo is what makes people post that Dreamworks.jpg.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Shark Tale at least almost had a redeeming quality to it. Keyword ALMOST. Bee movie just makes me want to punch something. Besides if people like me can watch horrible cheesy rear end horror movies and have fun with, you can do the same with animations movies.

Except Felix the cat. The gently caress where they thinking with that movie. :psyduck:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

raditts posted:

There was a Felix the Cat movie? Do I even want to know more about this?

Basically a balls tripsy rear end movie. It's really hard to even try to think what the hell the plot of that was at all.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Cloudy 2 is probably the exception of movies I will watch that has alot of puns.(You would hate puns yourself if you saw goddamn Batman and Robin. :mad:) It's a pretty funny animation movie. The plot does sorta weaken but it's still a pretty good movie.

Better than Despicables 2. Ooof, what a crappy movie.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It amazes me how the series has an already established style and they decide to make it realistic looking. I guess they want to show off their skills but goddamn does Bentley and Murray look really loving weird.

Especially being able to see Bentley's eyes.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

The Genesis version is the better version

Don't you dare start this bullshit. :colbert:

You know how it ends.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Fievel goes to West is actually one of the decent non Bluth sequels surprisingly.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Kikka posted:

Just got done watching Secret of NIMH for the first time ever.
Now HERE'S a good one! Don Bluth's movies work really well when they're more restrained; hideous rubberfaces turn into exquisite articulations of emotion and garish fireworks into astounding lightshows.

It probably goes without saying, but don't watch the sequel.

Holy poo poo do not watch the sequel.

Also echoing Al's statements, I do enjoy your analysis K Waste, please keep posting more.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

Sony Pictures Animation giving Dreamworks and Pixar a run for their money animation-wise IMO. Goddamn.

Soon as I saw who is behind it, I'm like hellz yeah.

Wish it was the Samurai Jack Movie he was gonna work on. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Really? Going with stereotypical humor?

Yeah no.

• Locked thread