Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Maybe the oil sheik backing it is trying to make the series as awful and clownshoes as possible so no one takes electric cars seriously again. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I work from 4-9 on Saturday, but other then that I'm gonna try to watch the whole thing. Anyone else going the loving insane route?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Cygni posted:

Also I don't get Fox Sports 2, so I'm gonna miss 5 hours regardless. It's only in one package on my Fios, and its the SECOND best tier... I pay for the top tier, and don't get it. Thanks Verizon.

I'm sure that's something that could be fixed in #NASCAR. :ssh:

E - And at least you have the option to buy it. loving Comcast doesn't even have it at all.

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 25, 2014

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Is there any sanctioning body that isn't batshit loving stupid/insane? I can't think of one. It's just varying degrees of it.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

For a lovely roval it did provide a really good race though.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I think you could actually call it a "Field" of cars for once.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

FS1 is only showing 3 hours of Sebring coverage it looks like. Lol gently caress that poo poo.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

L_Harrison posted:

I don't know how some of these people ever became racecar drivers.

A lot of them aren't racecar drivers :ssh:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Yo guys remember how long it took anyone to get to Dario after he wrecked in Houston? It took like 2 loving minutes before anyone even got to him. Safety crews can be awful not matter what.

Just in case anyone forgets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHLc7f6lmno

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

So fires happen more because of the lack of marshalls? lol.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

George Zimmer posted:

Incase you missed it or are an American like me, a cool rear end dude uploaded this weekends BTCC race on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Oha-gc9_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7MoRIysNuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=047N8iOiHdc

I haven't watch much BTCC but this is pretty freaking awesome.

And I think Jack Goff might be the best name ever. poor guy.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Diplomat posted:

What is the best way to watch V8SC? Can I purchase/watch V8 Super View from the US without a proxy? I would rather not resort to :filez:

The races usually get uploaded to youtube. And don't get taken down at all IIRC.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone up for silverstone? I'm not asleep so I'm gonna watch it. I'll be in #Nascar for it.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

ill give yah one if you drop into #nascar.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

George Zimmer posted:

WEC this weekend. Which IRC channel will people be in?

#NASCAR for all your endurance racing needs!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

The BTCC suddenly makes way more sense now.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

True, I thought this dude was a goner at the time.

Still, though, that superbike crash was horrifying and was about 3 levels worse than the link above.

Ugh the anoucers are so grim in that video. I'm pretty sure they were 100 percent sure they just watched him die. (and I don't blame them)

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

hey guys SST is FORMULA off road now. Because no stadium results found.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

SLOW ZONE time (not anything like a local yellow)

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

lol gently caress off audi

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

INTERVENTION CAR

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

YES?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Got back from my first NHRA event and going to that beat the hell out of any other motorsport I've ever been to. Free Parking and shuttles to the track, Free Coffee and Doughnuts, and you can go to the pits at pretty much anytime and see the cars upclose. Oh and the noise is indescribably loud, especially how the track is in a valley.

So go to a NHRA event if you can you won't regret it.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

#nascar for IMSA anyone?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Cygni posted:

Pro Stock is da best.

More like da best for going to take a piss break and watch the nitro cars rebuild

Just kidding I like pro stock.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Ford bailing out of V8SC at the end of 2015
http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-s...m-1227085430883

Ford literally gives zero fucks about racing right now.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

RIP Oil Sheik Drag Racing

http://www.nhra.com/story/story.aspx?F_y=2015&F_m=1&F_d=5&CustomURL=al-anabi-2015-plans&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

A decade from now IHRA is gonna be the main drag racing series in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

the_worm_ posted:

It goes way back to when they were a part of Clear Channel, then LiveNation. The Monster Jam folks (Feld Entertainment) changed all the formats. Booked in Top Fuel and Nostalgia Funny Cars, burned the bridges with Pro Mod and alcohol. There was no qualifying, the pro classes became booked match races.
Apparently they're owned by the folks that own Palm Beach International Raceway now, but I don't know how they will come back. It's either the NHRA now, or one of the 1/8th mile Pro mod associations.

1/8th mile pro mod is pretty badass at least.

• Locked thread