Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

WindyMan posted:

Prototype? Then shouldn't its number be 00?

I'm going to assume you're asking a serious question, so here's a serious answer: a prototype just means the constructor doesn't have to build several examples or road-going versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Xisticide posted:

No longer a standalone event this year, there's going to be a 6 hour qualifying race on the weekend of April 5th/6th to set 10 of the entrants for the final top 30 qualifying session and to give the drivers a chance to get in more night practice.

It's sort of associated with the VLN: http://www.vln.de/index.gb.php and you basically need to have raced in the VLN once or twice before you're eligible to race in the 24h.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

CactusWeasle posted:

What is it about sports car racing and watch makers?

It's not just sportscars, and it's because motorsports involves having timing, which the race organizers get from the watch companies. Blancpain, Rolex, Tag Heuer, etc.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I'm pretty sure NBC Sports is showing a half hour recap of each day's action like they did last year. Otherwise what have I been watching the last couple of nights? :confused:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's just cool to have some auto racing to kind of follow during the down times.

Absolutely! What would we do in January if not for Dakar?

edit - to be accurate we also have the Daytona 24h and this weekend there's the Dubai 24h (http://live.24hseries.com/) but Dakar starts the year!

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 9, 2014

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
FIA GT1 was such a resounding success that the rules changed every year and then they abandoned it when it turned into GT3 sprint...

The homologation rules for early GT1 changed from having to make a handful of cars to only having to produce one, as I remember things, probably between 1996 and 1997. By 1998 we were definitely at the stage of companies making a single 'road car' that was basically hopeless on the road and which would never leave the company archive (looking at you, Toyota TS020, Porsche 911 GT1 evo, and so on).

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I tend to agree with Fag Boy Jim about balance of perfomance but I look at how well it's working for GT3 and the fact that you can enter a car into national or international races with a multitude of organizers all of whom can refer to a BOP table but don't have to take any flak for doing the actual balancing and I wonder.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I'm pretty sure it starts at 2 pm ET, not 4 pm (the race starts at 6 am Australian moon time, which is GMT +11, and ET is GMT -5, so 6-16 is 14 the previous day, or 2 pm in real numbers).

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Giovanardi is going to gently caress everyone's poo poo up unless they're very careful, I think. Should be fun to watch :D

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

AceFace905 posted:

the Bentley, which was an Audi hand-me-down

This is not actually true. The engine was the same, but the car was a clean sheet of paper design: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/bentleyelleray.html

Dudley posted:

The disturbing thing about that stat is, if you count the BMW in the McLaren, the Germans have basically won 19 of the last 20.

The BMW LMR car was designed and built by Williams.

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 17, 2014

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

AceFace905 posted:

But still, all with substantial German factory backing. For that matter, the Joest Porsche that won in '96 and '97 was basically an old Group C Jaguar modified for the newer prototype rules and fitted with the old 956 motor.

So, what's the complaint here? That German companies spend money on motor racing?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Scott Tucker is a horrible person, so this doesn't surprise me, or make me sad in any way: http://racer.com/index.php/imsa/item/101457-imsa-level-5-set-for-tudor-championship-exit

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I'm sorry but that's not fair. I've been as relentlessly positive as anyone about TUSCC, but after both Daytona and Sebring turned into total shitshows (despite some good on-track action) it's obvious there are real problems with IMSA running this series.

Half hour FCY to remove a car parked in a relatively safe run off? Two serious incidents (Gidley's crash, Keating's Viper fire) where the safety team took forever to arrive at the incident, when eyebrows were already raised about the decision to can the ALMS safety squad, MRN commentators who can't even pronounce 'Sebring' FFS! And that's without the officiating gently caress ups, the Sebring one being way more serious. How do you think Corvette Racing, Falken, SRT, and RLL feel about the fact that the car that won their class should have been penalized a lap?

And PC? I'm sorry but something has to be done about those driving standards. I wouldn't let half that field do a stint in our WRL/ChumpCar they were so bad.

White knight this poo poo all you like with "it's all good, people are just being Mark Plourde" but that couldn't be further from the truth.

The normally very reserved Graham Goodwin at DSC nails it here: http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=25310

quote:

We have an outlook here at DSC that takes the default view of positivity about our racing, and of the decisions made by those who hold responsibility for running it and promoting it.

It is fair to say though that various happenings at Sebring last week made that approach very difficult to maintain. It led too to a conclusion of something that DSC has never called for before – and not in a good way!

First the upside – The 2014 12 Hours of Sebring had a very large and varied grid with much more than a smattering of top talent, the crowd was large, lots of publicity was around about record ticket sales, though certainly we believe we have seen much larger in the past decade and a half, with parts of the grounds seeming much, much quieter by comparison with some Sebring weeks in recent years.

[..]
Then there’s the question of the driving standards of those that were in the race. Let’s be blunt here. It has been a long, long time since this writer saw such repeated poor driving at this level of the sport.

At this point Matteo Malucelli should be mentioned – We’re not aware of any mechanical issue that might have been behind either his initial off, or the very odd move he made when rejoining. Either way it led to the retirement of the Risi car again, and led to heavy damage to a further pair of cars too – It could have been even worse. Guiseppe Risi’s already pretty stretched humour levels will no doubt have made the post incident debrief a distinctly difficult one for his driver.

Drivers in all classes commented that there were several drivers who appeared to have little or no idea throughout the event how to position themselves on the track. One professional driver told DSC this: “I race with Pro-am teams a lot and I have never seen anything like it out there. There are drivers, lots of drivers, that are wandering all over the track. On just about every lap of the weekend I was going into corners, and alongside cars in straight line and was being turned in on. It wasn’t defensive driving, it wasn’t aggression, it was just straight up poor driving.”

[..]

The net effect of Kearby’s error was terrifying and potentially catastrophic, Tagliani fortunate to escape with a badly sprained wrist, both cars heavily damaged. If ever there was an incident that deserved some sort of sanction against a driver then this was it. It was a multi-layered (and no doubt adrenaline fuelled) error but whether you choose to punish the action or the consequence both were at fault here.

Safety Team

The high profile disbanding of the ALMS IMSA Safety Team after the end of the 2013 season raised plenty of eyebrows, safety should always be at the core of the way a race meeting is organised and conducted and this seemed a decision that was doomed to be re-assessed in the wake of any serious incident.

The incident that raised most comment in this arena at Sebring was the fire that befell the #33 GTD Viper of Ben Keating.

A mechanical failure stopped the car on track and, apparently, punctured the fuel cell too with a fire developing seconds after the car had come to a stop on track, and quickly developed into a car destroying conflagration.

What is apparent though is that it took 64 seconds for the first fire tender to arrive, and that it then pulled up in harms way, causing a further 20 second delay before the tender could be placed in a position from which the fire could begin to be fought. Much has been said about how long the fire took to be finally extinguished too but it’s the response time that concerns this writer the most. That needs to be looked at very carefully – and fast!

Commentary

I have no comment to make on the TV commentary, we had the MRN Radio feed into the Press room throughout the race but we did have the TV pictures, and the shot choice was, at times, less than optimum! There was a lot of grumbling in the paddock too with reference to some recent revelations around coverage or otherwise of some of the split events later in the season with the PC teams, almost to a man, correctly furious that they will have no TV coverage, and no radio either at the Kansas round

There’s good news and bad news over the MRN radio coverage – The good news is that Greg Creamer, added post Daytona, was right on his game, added enormously to the quality of the broadcast and gave the listeners at least some semblance of a knowledgable anchor.

It was good to hear Ryan Eversley too, his insight was always valid, always interesting though there were times when an otherwise struggling team around him tried too often to lean on their ‘colour‘ man for support.

Beyond that though there was precious little to admire. Honestly if one of your lead commentators can’t even be bothered to pronounce Sebring properly then there has to be a question or several asked as to what genuine right he has to be doing the job in the first place.

I’m happy enough to have a chuckle about the odd mangled name or several (dozen) but there is little or no sign of this team having done their homework, no sign of them coming to say hello and do some fact gathering in the press room, and not a lot of sign of the same happening in the paddock either.

There will be those who will say – “you would say that wouldn’t you” – Those that know me well would know that if this offering was half as good as it needed to be then I wouldn’t.

Commentary is a tough job, and sportscar racing with it’s multi-class complications is more tricky than most. It is though a job that needs to be treated with respect by the post holders and to them I’d say this – If you don’t like being criticised then do some homework, there are few (if any) that wouldn’t be prepared to share their knowledge with you.

For now though I’d be prepared to wager a solid bet that the listening audience is dwindling, certainly for the second race in succession the overall effect was like being punched repeatedly in the face – it was nice when it stopped!

Full Course Cautions

[..]

Frankly from this observers point of view the lengthy and repeated incidence of full course yellows ruined a second consecutive blue riband event. To be racing for under 7 hours of the 12 surely deserves a proper examination of how this event was conducted – and changes HAVE to be made.

All told we had 11 full course yellows, and two at east were extended due to a second incident under caution – If this is being done in any way shape form, or extent to do with entertainment then here’s a wake up call, NO entertainment was supplied for over 5 hours!

As an example, much has been said about the final yellow flag period, called for the recovery of the Marsh Bros. Vette DP out of harms way after the #31 had ground to a halt on an escape road at the start of the final hour.

The car was towed to safety in a matter of just a very few minutes but the field stayed under caution for 33 minutes and, ironically, bunching up the field ruined several battles that might well have gone to the flag.

Post race reassurance that “this will be looked at” frankly betrays a point that either IMSA sleepwalked into this issue, or that the cynics are (sometimes) correct. The powers that be should be very concerned indeed as to how on earth will this policy play out at the more prevalent shorter race distances.

Race Stewarding

After the self inflicted gunshot wound to the foot that was the GTD result at Daytona the last thing that was needed was a repeat at Sebring.

The good news was that the same error wasn’t repeated, the bad news is that what actually happened was far, far worse.

Alex Job is one of the class acts of the paddock, decades of experience, and in his 25th year at Sebring, his team had the opportunity to bring home an astonishing tenth win.

To lose out on that because of poor officiating is a massive blow to his team’s season, and to the credibility of the new Series, not just in the eyes of the team involved but to everyone in the paddock, the press room and in the stands.

The tale surrounds two (of three -the #49 was also hit early in the race by a PC car) contact incidents involving the #49 Spirit of Race Ferrari,both of which were attributed by the race stewards to the #22 Weathertech/ AJR GTD class Porsche.

The final blow was dealt by roof camera footage of the second incident and it was this that secured the penalty call (stop and 80 second hold) that took the #22 car out of second place in the GTD class and off the lead lap.

Now here’s where it gets beyond a level that should be professionally acceptable. Having been punished for two separate ‘avoidable contact’ incidents it quickly became apparent that the #22 car was not responsible for either.

The first involved the #911 GTLM car and the second its sister #912 car, and it was this incident that was captured on video, with the GTLM cars Michelin branding in clear view on the roof of the car (The GTD cars run on spec Continental tyres).

No appeal was permitted and the team were told that the car would be excluded if the penalty was not served immediately.

It’s worth reflecting too that the car that perhaps should have been penalised went on to win the highly prized GTLM class, their closest competitors will be feeling rightly aggrieved too.

It’s difficult enough to understand how on earth this could happen, but it’s beyond even that level of incredulity that applies when hearing that no appeal was allowed, and that no retrospective adjustment could be made. Remember the race had hours still to run, and the AJR team apparently had footage that proved their point.

We are back, with a vengeance, to that earlier point about customer respect and potentially another about the professionalism on display amongst those making decisions that matter on a sporting and financial level. Remember that this is, by a distance, the most expensive sportscar Championship, car for car, on the planet – Those budgets are tough to come by and tougher still to continue to justify

Whilst on one hand it was correct for Scot Elkins to come to the press room, explain the errors by Race Control and make an apology, the reality is that in the real world of racing at this level post race apologies frankly mean nothing, the points aren’t on the board and the trophy lies elsewhere.

We have never, ever gone this far before on DSC but after a decision that robbed the winning team of a podium celebration at Daytona and now another at Sebring that cost one potential winner their chance in one class and failed to punish another that went on to win theirs the question has to be asked – Just how bad does it have to get before somebody loses their right to make these decisions again?

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=25310

poo poo, its not just Goodwin either; listen to Marshall Pruett (who has been as cheerleady about TUSCC as *anyone* outside Daytona Beach) on this week's MWM.

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 20, 2014

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Cygni posted:

I just don't think the sky is falling. And neither did the Sebring 12 hour winning crew chief I was with at Sebring. This is sportscar racing, afterall.

And I thought ChumpCar was a model of a well run organization when we came 4th at the VIR24h (when I thought we'd come 4th).

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Peanut President posted:

I'd rather the sanctioning body throw half hour cautions than have their head up their rear end so far they don't give a poo poo about the drivers at all.

edit: I'm just pointing out that calling this series unsafe and pining for Le Mans' officiating is insane.

If they gave a poo poo about driver safety then idiots like Gaston Kearby wouldn't have been allowed in a car.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I'm now wondering how they're going to cope with Long Beach - that race is already cut down to two hours because of IndyCar - when will IMSA find time for actual racing with their multihour FCYs?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Brave words when an F1 marshall posts in this thread...

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
The more I read about this the angrier I get: http://www.roadandtrack.com/voices/columnists/marshall-pruett/paddock-pundit-anatomy-of-imsas-blown-call-at-sebring

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Peanut President posted:

And literally no one is defending IMSA except your imaginary friends.

VikingSkull posted:

Stuff like that doesn't really bother me at this point in the season, it's new poo poo to a lot of people and there's gonna be some growing pains.

All in all so far, after the two races, I think sports car racing in the US is in a better place now than it was this time last year. There's some changes that have to be made and some things they could work on, but the racing has been amazing and I'm definitely a supporter of the series at this point. I'd poo poo on it if there was a reason to, but I think it's worthy of calling it IMSA instead of Tudor or USCR.

Cygni posted:

I just don't think the sky is falling. And neither did the Sebring 12 hour winning crew chief I was with at Sebring. This is sportscar racing, afterall.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

None of us are normal.

I agree with this 100% (me most certainly included). :)

Marshall Pruett's interview with Scott Atherton is up: http://www.racer.com/index.php/imsa/item/102091-imsa-sebring-q-a-with-series-coo-scott-atherton

Also, really interesting nugget in another article of his:

quote:

What is the technical reason we need a 24-minute yellow for a stalled car? Conspiracy theorists will tell you that the yellow flew to bunch up the field to have a shootout to the finish. The opposite happened. Because of this yellow there was a considerable gap between the class leaders who had already pitted and those that had to pit. The yellow robbed us of an exciting finish. Had the race restarted after a 10-minute yellow it may have led to a more exciting finish. I’m OK with the wave-around in these endurance races, but the yellow flag periods need to be better.
I did the math and I figure the procedure for wave-arounds and what not requires a minimum of six laps of yellow. Six laps of yellow at 60mph (assuming the pace car does 60mph) at Sebring means a 23-minute yellow period. The final two hours of Sebring, Daytona, Watkins Glen, and Road Atlanta should be able to be cut to four laps of yellow. Lap 1 pace car gets leaders of each class. If you’re ahead of your class leader you bypass the pace car (if you get it wrong you lose a lap we saw it happen in Daytona). Lap 2 pits open to lead lap in class prototypes and GT cars. Lap 3 anyone not on the lead lap in class can pit or take a wave-around. Lap 4 green flag. I’ve just given them seven more minutes of green flag racing at all 3 tracks.
Ryan
MP: You raise a great point, Ryan, on the track length, speed of the pace car, time required for cycling classes through pit stops, etc. Simplifying tow-ins and other non-emergency cautions is a must for the series. One driver who is smart, a champion and sick of the wasted time under yellow, proposed going to a mandatory pit lane speed limiter zone, demarked by start and end cones before and after the safety crew, to allow the racing to continue without a long and drawn out process like we saw at Daytona and again at Sebring. I’m not saying it’s the best idea or without some issues, but it’s a creative approach to something IMSA thinks is black and white. As I’ve said a few times since Saturday, be lucky the caution for Curran’s stalled DP fell with 51 minutes left. Imagine if it happened with 30 minutes left on the clock. Based on the 32 minutes it took to go through the full-course yellow procedure, the 12 Hours of Sebring could have ended under caution for a stalled car…

http://www.racer.com/index.php/comp...howall=&start=3

So basically any time IMSA throw a FCY you're looking at about a half hour at the minimum before they go back to green. smfh

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 22, 2014

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
nm misunderstood. Yes, code 60 would be a better idea, but you couldn't do wave bys and give people laps back if you did a code 60.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

e- also I was thinking, what did F1 ever do to prevent an incident similar to Massa's from happening again? Nothing, right? I guess he didn't die so gently caress it.

Other than reinforcing drivers helmets, testing out whether canopies would be a good idea, and so on? No, you're right, they did nothing.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
IDK, I'd be extremely skeptical that Corvette would drop out, given how protected Corvette Racing is at GM (one of the only racing programs to survive the .gov buyout period) and how central it is to their marketing of Corvette, especially abroad (and they're definitely trying to sell Corvettes in Europe a lot harder than Viper is trying to sell Vipers anywhere).

In other sportscar news, Audi debuted the new R18 today. We already knew they'd abandoned the MGU-H unit as not very good but it's very interesting that they've decided to go for a 4l engine (bigger than the 2013 car's), and are only going to harvest 2MJ a lap (you can do 2, 6, or 8, with decreasing amounts of fuel allowed in that order).

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/audi-confirms-final-tech-specs-of-r18-e-tron-quattro/

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

Americans don't really care about international motorsport that much.

GM care a lot about selling Corvettes in Europe, now stop it.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

animeliker posted:

I wonder how Walkinshaw was able to win with a Jaguar XJS in sports car racing: it seems very ill-suited to it.

Because he cheated like a bastard.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I am a tard and posted in the wrong thread.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Eh, it's an inconvenience, but so's paying for race tickets, or the F1 timing app, or the Bathurst 12h stream (yeah, you had to pay for that one too). €20 for the entire season really isn't that expensive, it's 4 beers or three packets of cigarettes or 5 large combos at McDonalds or whatever your poison is.

And before anyone starts crying poverty, please remember you're posting on an internet forum that charges you to join...

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

dsriggs posted:

...no, that was free.

Maybe I'm thinking of the 1000 km race then.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Xisticide posted:

Nasty looking crash in the ELMS race. Despite involving both Gustavo Yacaman and a GTE Ferrari, neither was at fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBaB39jKwdA

Sounds like Dolan is ok fortunately.

Edit: drat.

I think Wade Cunningham summed Yacaman up best:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
WEC quali: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq9KmINOTGg

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
This has been a cracking race so far. Horrible luck for the Audis, and the #14 Porsche.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
If a race just isn't available to you (ie BTCC in the US) then torrenting is one thing, but just bear in mind when you circumvent official streams because you're being edgy and sticking it to the man then remember you share responsibility when teams and series can't get sponsorship and die because of low ratings.

Learn to support your sport, you cheapskates.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

CactusWeasle posted:

I would pay actual money to be able to download high quality encoded races from official sources. It's no use to me to pay money to have an official stream that's only broadcast live at 6am my time, I want to be able to watch the races when I want. This is sort of what's missing from many official sources, and something so many series could benefit from.

Where's their incentive to put the resources into that if people won't even pay to watch live?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

George Zimmer posted:

I was under the impression you needed some app thing to stream. Can I watch thru my browser if I pay? Cause if I can I will.

You can stream it to a browser from http://live.fiawec.com or members.fiawec.com, yes. €20 for the entire season. It is annoying that you can't just have one account and pay once and get access to the mobile app streams as well though.

They explained why (sort of) here:

quote:

Previous years’ races were free for live streaming. Why do we have to pay for live streaming this year?

It is a second screen programme. We have with our partners involved in the WEC a long term strategy. It means we want to increase the different support we can offer for the fans and for the potential new followers. This strategy forces us to follow some rules that are regulated by the audiovisual market.

If the live streaming is free for all, this will cause problems for our first screen broadcasters. First screen participants, such as our TV Broadcaster, will not sign a contract if the content is available for free in an application. In addition if the cornerstone of the app is the video, it will go far beyond just a streamed video and will include more functionality.

Apple’s terms and conditions are such that if you pay for a premium application, you cannot have the same product available on any other device for free.

It is the only motorsport app with a full live experience and this weekend has already proved its success. We’ve developed greatly the service already provided for the Fans.

Why do I have to pay for each device?

The first objective was to launch the mobile application for the beginning of the 2014 season. The In App Purchase pack is linked to Apple or Google or Web accounts, thus there is no link possible between those different platforms. Nevertheless, you can use the same purchase on different devices running on the same system. For example the same purchase will be valid for your iPhone & your iPad.

We definitely want to provide the cross platform experience and we will work hard on this in order to find an appropriate solution but it needs some time to develop. We assure you that we are definitely working on it.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/fia-wec-explains-paywall-strategy-for-new-app/

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

BMB5150 posted:

Huh, they're taking the old first turn complex instead of going to the aquarium. Well whatever they feel like doing.

I'm hyped for Nissan to throw there hat in. Watched the first 2 WEC races this year and it's pretty exciting these cars have a lot of power but still very racy. Also surprised how off Audi is. They're out to lunch of Spa.

Gambling on 2MJ recapture when Porsche and Toyota both went for 6MJ was a big misstep.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

harperdc posted:

The only way to make privateers competitive at the front is forcing the factories to give them the same equipment, and for a formula where the technology is so high-end, that's not gonna happen. I'm fine with it for LMP1, because that's what P2 is for. And look at the teams that WEC last year and ELMS this year have got -- HPD and Nissan provide good motors, and there's a bunch of different chassis with more joining in.

The LMP1 specs are great, and we may have a case where four different factories make four different packages all for the same goal. I just hope that Nissan learns from Toyota and Porsche this year -- you don't need an F1 car that's refined and beautiful and a jewel, you need something that's gonna be fast but also super reliable. That's why Toyota's got to be the early favorite for Le Mans, the 919 is too much a precious jewel and the Audi looks to have the engine formula wrong.

Right, we need a few more years of multiple factory teams before the hybrid tech is both cheap and rugged enough to sell to privateers and for them to be able to use it. Don't forget, Nissan are going to learn some stuff first hand this year anyway with the ZEOD RC, should be interesting if it manages to avoid getting Deltawinged.

6 new LMP2 coupés in TUSC would be awesome, especially if Andretti wanted to take them to Le Mans.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

CactusWeasle posted:

This is a bloodbath.

Without question there is going to be a fatality this weekend.

Don't be so bloody melodramatic.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
It was a very good event. Yesterday was a bloody long day though. I put up some photos from Thursday-Saturday morning here: http://arstechnica.com/cars/2014/09/lone-star-le-mans-ars-goes-racing-in-texas/

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

harperdc posted:

...yes? Quite clearly?

These days I'd rather he commentated on F1 too, he's better than any of the usual crew on NBC or Sky or BBC.

(apologies it's so blurry)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Hasn't Chumpcar already done a couple of 36 hour races?

• Locked thread