Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
:freep: A fresh pile of poo poo to admire. :freep:

Previous Threads

The Original Freep Thread
The 2nd Freeper Thread - POTUShead's glorious OP
3rd Thread - Currently in the Archives.
4th Thread - The D&D Version

So What's Freep?

Freep is short for Free Republic. It's an internet forum where crazy, right-wing assholes spew hatred their pent-up rage. Their opinions are as terrible as the 1996 layout of their forums. Perhaps worse depending on what has happened on any particular day.

So What's This Thread?

This is a place where brave/self-hating goons venture to Freep and shares their findings. There's a good chance that reading Freeper posts will cause you to either vomit, punch your monitor, or other violent outbursts. Eventually, your feels will callous and you'll become accustom to it. Well, until the next day when an even worse opinion gets shared. Feel free to join in conversation, make jokes about these poo poo stains, and even post Freeper quotes with appropriate sourcing. We do ask that you do not touch the poop (post poo poo on Freep) because you'll just get poo poo all over the place. We're visitors to the zoo of Free Republic and that is all.

So How Relevant is Freep?

Freep was actually kind of relevant back in the day. During the Bush administration, it was a great place for conservatives to come and discuss the topics of the day. Even getting lip service from successful politicians and talking heads. Thanks to strict moderating they were, and stay, relatively free of all but the most dedicated troll. They were like a D&D where you're allowed to have horrible opinions.

That all really changed about the time Obama became important. The Freep base is basically old, racist white people and they really don't like Obama*. So anyone that doesn't want him tried and executed for treason isn't welcome at Freep. That also applies to anyone even remotely in favor of something Obama also likes. Thus, Freep has become an ever-increasing arms race to prove that they are the most conservative. Just about every conservative politician/talking head has been called a RINO or traitor to America at one point. Except maybe Sarah Palin but it's very hard to have a disagreeing opinion with a bag of hot air. They've even called Ted Cruz a RINO.

The History of Freep - Thanks FUDB.

*Obama here is equated with all things evil. Like communism, public schools, kids, acronyms, Hitler, butt sex, and anything else they don't like.

Some Examples of Pure Hate
Here's a good format for your Freep dumps, too.

------------------------------------------
Racist Media

quote:

with the PC crap! Use the Spanish “Negro” and when questioned; just say, “Get used to Spanish, they’ve taken over”.

BTW, I simply do not understand why “los Negros” have this love affair with the RATs. Slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow laws and anti-voting rights are all RAT-supported positions.

17 posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 5:49:55 AM by NTHockey (Rules of engagement #1: Take no prisoners)
-----------------------------------------
All Homos are child molesters

quote:

I'm sick of hearing how homosexuality is a different kind of perversion than child molesters. They aren't - sickness is sickness. Homosexuality has no place in decent society, homosexuals have no business being around children, and its a terrible mistake to inflict gay parents on a child.

To continue placing homosexuals on pedestals is evil! Both parties do it and that's what will drive citizens into the arms of a legitimate third party that is strictly right wing!
1 posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:52:04 AM by IbJensen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

Actually they have a fixation with the anus and with the stinky stuff that comes out of it. They get their filthy orgasms by shoving their faces where the sun doesn’t shine.

If homosexuals are normal, why is it that they commit the large majority of serial murders?

20 posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:28:44 AM by IbJensen (Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]
----------------------------------------------------
Sodomy For Jihad!

This was almost the thread title.

quote:

Obama has widened the nation’s anus for the sake of jihad.

2 posted on October 17, 2012 12:33:22 AM EDT by dead (It ain't over until the phone lady sings.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

----------------------------------------------------
2012 Election Tear Guzzling Contest!!!
Some Debate Thread

quote:

WHATEVER MEDIA. You lying sacks of poo poo. This meme was written before the debate even started. As long as Obama looked half awake he was gonna “win” as far as the the media asswipes were concerned. What exactly did Obama say to defend his record and his plan for the ecomony that made him such a “Winner”, you jackals.

5 posted on Tue Oct 16 2012 22:46:55 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) by snarkytart

quote:

You got that exactly right! To put it another way, Mitt Romney kicked 0dumb0's skinny kenyan, commie, muzzzlim rear end all the way to Kenya & back.

I was never a fan of Romney even up to his debate two weeks ago, but in my opinion, I believe that Romney took 0dumb0 to the woodshed tonight on more than one occasion. I loved when he ran through a complete litany of failures from 0dumb0 -- 23 million unemployed, 15 million more on foodstamps, 9 million more at poverty levels or below, 50% college grads unable to find a job in their field, etc etc. And then calling out 0dumb0 on his lie about Libya, and his lies on how much energy production has "grown". It was great!!!

I have to admit, I have never seen a Republican candidate for president like Mitt, who has taken direct aim at 0dumb0 and is throwing non-stop fastballs at 0dumb0.

I like the format of tonight's debate, allowing Mitt to directly challenge the lies & flimsy arguments of 0dumb0 and the media biased moderator.

12 posted on Wed Oct 17 2012 00:30:28 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) by rcrngroup
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Romney Gets Slammed By Facts

quote:

She was definitely an Obot plant. Trying desperately to put Romney in a box.

If this wasn't evidence of a mostly rigged debate I don't know what was.

106 posted on Wed Oct 17 2012 08:11:37 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) by unixfox (Abolish Slavery, Repeal The 16th Amendment!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 87 | View Replies]

quote:

AS ALWAYS, THE MSM IS IN BED WITH THE democRATS. MY QUESTION IS THIS: WHY ARE THE MODERATOR’S ALL FROM THE LIBERAL LEFT IN THE MSM. CNN, PBS, ABC, CBS, AND NBC......NOT ONE EVER FROM FOX NEWS. WHAT A DISGRACE.

158 posted on Wed Oct 17 2012 11:50:17 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) by Spike the punch
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Obama is Hitler

quote:

Obama possesses a trait that Hitler used also. Old Adolf had a talent for “mirroring” those he spoke to, which is clearly evident when google searching the many photos of him. When he's greeted by a beaming smiling face, he does the same. When greeting a scowling person, Hitler did the same. Once one notices this, it becomes apparent. Obama does more or less the same thing. When addressing “America” he cops the whitebread oreo Obama. When he's addressing the NAACP you'd think he steals hubcaps between speeches. He carefully and effectively “tunes himself” to fit his audience like a shape shifter.
20 posted on Wed Oct 31 2012 14:37:41 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) by SpaceBar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Nate Silver is good at math

quote:

Nate Silver is just $10 away from predicting that Obama has an 82.7% chance of winning!

Perhaps the most laughable aspect of this election season is the way the DUmmies have embraced the PRECISE prognostications of one Nate Silver. Silver's shtick isn't to merely announce poll results that are artificially weighted in favor of Democrats. Any run of the mill leftwing pollster, such as PPP, can do that. Silver takes it to the next level in which he dramatically announced to the exact decimal point the chances that Obama has of winning. As of Halloween, Silver has declared that Obama has exactly a 77.4% chance of winning. Not 77.3% or 77.5% chance but precisely 77.4%. Such precision must be completely scientific...or so the DUmmies believe which is why they continue to cling to their Nate Silver security blanket so fervently to block out any contrary polling data such as from Gallup or Rasmussen (which they embraced until they didn't like his results). If you check out DUmmieland you will see thread after thread in which the DUmmies continue to cite Nate Silver's precise prognostications as if it were Holy Writ. However, let us take a look at this recent Nate Silver Security Blanket THREAD, "Nate Silver has Obama up." A psychological benefit for the DUmmies is that even if Obama loses they can cry vote fraud because Nate Silver declared he had a 77.4% chance of winning. So let us now watch the DUmmies cling to their Nate Silver security blanket in Bolshevik Red while the commentary of your humble correspondent, wondering if Bob Menendez requesting FEMA(le) aid, has changed that calculation to 77.3%, is in the [barackets]:

Nate Silver has Obama up

[And Dominican chicks also had Bob Menendez up.]

299 EV
77.4% Chance of winning

[There is a 77.4% chance of DUmmies already popping open their Freudenschade victory champagne bottles. And now on to the other DUmmies clinging fervently to their Nate Silver security blankets...]

Wow. Getting almost back to September levels!

[When the Bamster had a 77.5% chance of a Freudenschade victory.]

Great! Now I can relax.

[Yup! No need to even bother to vote because Obama has banked it...according to Nate Silver.]

Need constant assurance because it is difficult to hear all the spin throughout the day and wonder if Romney will win with all his lies.

[No need to worry, my little DUmmie. According to Nate Silver, you have only a 22.6% chance of melting down into an angry psychopathic vegetable.]

You never let your opponent see one sliver of daylight.

[That's what I call seeing the Silver lining.]

Good stuff. Sure hope it comes to be true.

[Bev Harrris is just $10 away from guaranteeing it.]

Just watched him tell Charlie Rose tonight that Obama is the winner based on his data.

[Keep telling the Democrats that victory is in the bag because that will be sure to lower the lazy RAT vote. Hey, I waited a long time to early vote yesterday but if I were a Democrat who listened to Nate Silver, I would have probably skipped the ordeal because he has declared it to be in the bag. Therefore I predict that there is a 77.4% chance that Nate Silver's prognostications will LOWER the Democrat turnout.]

Man I wish this thing was over.

[You are only 5 days away from no longer worshiping Nate Silver's zipper.]

Wisconsin, Ohio, New Hampshire, Nevada, Likely Obama! Colorado, Iowa, Virginia, Lean Obama! And Florida back to toss-up!

[And I predict there that there is a 77.4% chance that in five days the DUmmies will be back to throw-up!]

The Quinnipiac poll should push him to 80% then!

[Actually 79.9% according to the infallible Nate Silver.]

Obama will probably drop to the mid-70s soon, thanks to a conveniently timed Rasmussen or Gravis poll.

[77.3% to be precise.]

Nate put the SurveyUSA (+3) OHIO poll for Obama into the model, but the new Quinnipiac poll to come out this morning is not in Nate's model yet. Obama is already at 78% in OHIO tonight, so maybe he will hit 80% in Nate's model tomorrow when he includes the new Quinnipiac poll.

[80.3% when you factor in the 7-11 coffee cup poll.]

Obama will break 80% tomorrow due to the Quinnipiac poll, I bet Things are looking better and better!

[There is a 77.4% chance that Obama will break 80% tomorrow. The mighty infallible Oz has spoken! Now lean back, DUmmies. Close your eyes and click your heels together three times and repeat after me..."There is a 77.4% chance that Obama will be re-elected."]

These next few are sourceless because their posters are jerks.

quote:

Was your polling place sabotaged?
Mr.K ^ | 11/6/12 | Mr. K

Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:09:39 PM by Mr. K

I voted today in a very highly Republican district. I know or at least have seen almost everyone in the small town I have lived in for the last 20 years.

A woman I never saw anywhere in town before voted just ahead of me.

When the ballot was halfway sucked into the scanner she seemed to DELIBERATELY yank on it, which tore it in half

The machine went into a malfunction state, and we had to place our ballots in the 'emergency bin'

There is no reason to touch your ballot once it is starting to feed into the machine

This disturbed me quite a bit.

The woman walked out casually as if it made no difference in the world, no apology, no anxious hand-wringing or excuses- just walked away without a word. She didnt seem to be concerned if her vote was cast, or if she could get another ballot... she just left.

Later I heard FOUR MORE scanners are malfunctioning in 4 more highly Republican areas.

quote:

I know what you mean. I’m thinking about prepping for the rest of my days (I’m only in my late 30’s) in this country/planet, since I think this could be the beginning of the end. I think we’ll get nothing but outright Marxists from here on out as President if Obamao wins.

21 posted on 11/06/2012 6:52:22 PM PST by Mr Fuji
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

This guy's obviously drunk.

quote:

Florida , Virginia and Ohio ad we wim

2 posted on Mittwoch, 7. November 2012 04:04:04 by scooby321 (AMS)

quote:

That's the ticket....when the Obama Money stops flowin', they'll be coming to take what's THEIRS, as they've grown accustomed to Whitey supplyin' the cash and freebies.

Civil War may be here before 2016, I think.
2 posted on Mittwoch, 7. November 2012 05:03:14 by traditional1 (Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!)

quote:

I hold FEMALES primarily responsible for tonight’s result. Go ahead. PROVE ME WRONG.

8 posted on Tue Nov 06 2012 20:36:00 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time) by Obama_Is_Sabotaging_America

-------------------------------------------------------
Did I mention Freep hates gay people? Well they really hate gay people.

quote:

No. The homosexual battle plan is to first neutralize, marginalize and dissolve the Church because it stands in the way of their victory over traditional society.

America is still predominately a Christian civilization. The Muslim is not on their radar yet but will be handled as a consequence of the laws and policy that homosexuals are forcing through now, forcing through by fascist means.

It is important to review what fascism is because the means by which the homosexual forces traditional society to bend to its will are fascist in manner.

It is also important for Jews and Christians to review the history and lessons of Sodom and Gomorrah. Because these current battles of homosexual fascism are nothing new and have existed since the time of S&G.

122 posted on 12/20/2013 8:29:07 PM by Hostage (ARTICLE V)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 118 | View Replies]

New Mexico Homosexuals

quote:

New Mexico will mow infect Texas as gay Texans can run across the border, get married, come back home to Texas and live as a married couple under the protection of the SCOTUS DOMA decision.

23 posted on 12/19/2013 3:07:24 PM by Oliviaforever

quote:

The homosexuals are running the show. A mere two percent of the country has seized the reins of power — judges, bureaucrats, media.

Why is this? Many Christians are bending over and letting it happen. Even our supposedly conservative Catholic and Baptist leaders are warning their flocks to not obsess on abortion and gay marriage. Meanwhile, young people are too drunk and sex-crazed to care.

20 posted on 12/20/2013 8:02:13 PM by heye2monn

Freep Builds a Fence To Keep Mexicans Out

quote:

The Honorable Jan Brewer
Governor of Arizona
1700 West Washington
Phoenix, Arizona 85007

Re: Effective Border Wall Idea June 20, 2010

Honorable Governor,

The problem of a porous border that allows anyone to cross into the United States without any real resistance is obvious. I have seen the efforts to build a “fence.” What a waste of government money and time. A fence, ANY fence is only an obstacle for the one or two feet needed to get from one side to the other, by either going over, under, around or through the thin barrier. Regardless of what is built, it offers resistance ONLY at the point an illegal border crosser encounters the fence. Once across, their journey is again relatively effortless.

I watched a video where a man was talking about RETREATING 50 or 100 miles into America to escape the violence of the drug lords! If we are considering giving up a 100-mile wide strip of America, we can certainly dedicate a two or three mile strip of our border real estate to this idea!

I sent a letter to Sheriff Joe Arpaio some time ago, as well as a copy of this letter to Sheriff Arvin West of Texas, the New Mexico Sheriffs' and Police Association and the Sheriffs Association of Texas, illustrating my idea to use discarded tires to build a huge WALL along the border. This country has literally billions of discarded tires piled up around America, and we discard another 240 MILLION tires annually. These tire piles are always seen as a “problem.” I see them as not only a solution, but the BEST SOLUTION to the border problem!

I know that there are some problems inherent in the existence of a tire pile, but they are certainly no greater than the problems we are currently facing with countless deaths, kidnappings, drug smuggling, and everything else that is a REALITY given the pathetic excuse for a “fence” we now have and will never complete.

Imagine a wall of discarded tires along the border, two or three miles in width and 100 feet above ground level. Consider carefully the enclosed photos as you read further.

Before you summarily reject this concept, consider for a moment the FOLLOWING points.

* NO ONE can RUN across a tire pile. It is physically impossible! The tires will tip and roll, catch feet and collapse under the weight of any passersby. Anyone crossing something like this can easily be spotted and captured, using modified 4WD vehicles that use track systems similar to tanks or snow cats rather than conventional tires to drive over the pile as needed.

* The construction of a tire pile requires NO engineering, NO structural framework, and NO special equipment. Simply piling tires onto tires will eventually build a magnificent wall that is not one or two feet thick, but one or two MILES thick. Where the wall needs to be taller, simply add more tires.

* Tunneling can be eliminated if a trench is dug first, say … 50 feet deep. Fill the two-mile wide trench with tires, and then keep piling them up until the wall is sufficient to discourage even the most determined illegal border crosser.

* A wall of tires does not need to be maintained, painted, or repaired. There is no need for welders, painters, stone masons or carpenters. Even PRISONERS can loosely pile tires effectively! Vandalism to the wall by the illegals would not matter.

* Graffiti could be completely ignored, and would be little more than colorful spots along the wall of tires which would have NO flat surface for tagging.

* A wall that is impervious to damage and decay. If gunfire erupts, should the border patrol agents miss their target, the only thing they will hit … is a pile of TIRES.

* The pest “problem.” Tire piles retain rain water. They are normally seen as undesirable because they create breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Normally this would be a problem, but I see a two-mile wide tire wall infested with mosquitoes as a good deterrent to crossing over it, don’t you? Mosquito abatement can commence on the American side of the wall or by crop dusting the length of the wall if needed.

* Nature’s border guards. The wall could be populated with mice, rats and venomous snakes. The mice and rats would feed the snakes, and the illegals that still ignore our sovereignty and attempt unsuccessfully to cross over the wall will feed the snakes.

* FREE building materials! I am certain that if you call the governors of the other 49 states and tell them that you want all of their discarded tires, you will discover that they will be more than happy to gather up every tire pile within their state lines and transport them at their cost to our southern border, where you can arrange to distribute them as needed. They should not be stacked or neatly arranged. They should be randomly piled, as if dropped from the sky. This will make them far more difficult to cross on foot.

What about TIRE FIRES? Certainly, those wishing to cross our border illegally will try to wreak havoc by setting the tires on fire. That’s okay. A system can be devised using existing technology, so that these fires can be extinguished effectively wherever they are started. The foaming machines used at airports for fire resistance can be modified to belch out millions of cubic yards of an inert fire retardant where needed. Remember the volcano experiments from grammar school? Vinegar and baking soda create a very large quantity of liquid foam, very quickly. Machines capable of smothering large tire fires using a similar mixture of an environmentally friendly foam would work well.

We also have all of the water from the Colorado River that reaches the border! Now, I know there is some silly ‘treaty’ that demands a certain amount of water be allowed to flow beyond our southern border in Mexico for their farming and ranching needs, and I am all for allowing that to continue on one condition. If the Mexicans are going to set the tire wall on fire, well gosh … I guess ALL of that water will have to be diverted to the fire through a piping system built along the American side to fight the fire. We would send a very clear message to the Mexican citizens. If you want OUR water, stop igniting OUR tires! When their crops begin to die, and they are all suffering from dehydration due to the water source from the Colorado River being diverted to reservoirs along the American border for fire fighting purposes, they will begin to understand the value of allowing the tire wall to exist undisturbed. If they complain about the water being shut off, tell them to stop invading our country!

You may be laughing. I am not. The problem of the illegal Mexicans crossing onto American soil is monumental. It is destroying our schools, our neighborhoods, our hospitals and our workforce. All of the “feel good” talk and toothless measures coming from the federal government are worthless. It is abundantly clear that the federal government has NO interest in controlling our border.

Unless you can come up with a better plan, a way to build a wall that can be built by people with NO construction skills, using FREE materials that require NO maintenance, that offers a formidable barrier that would challenge even the toughest U.S. Marine, I suggest you start piling tires along the border A.S.A.P. and finally put a stop to the problem of illegal aliens in America.

Sincerely,
(ME!)

finally a solution to illegal immigration that has no downsides
--------------------------------------------------------

Dalereed

Dalereed is what happens when you take hot rods, women, the essence of Dick Cheney, and Biff from BTTF then mix them in a cauldron made of skulls. We really don't know much about him except he hates everything but fast cars, sex, and telling people to lie down in the street and die. He especially hates hats and acronyms. Context isn't necessary.

Dale Reed Quotes

quote:

To hell with them all, the last movie I went to was almost 60 years ago.

quote:

Ilm 76 and never wore a suit to work and haven’t been in a suit more than a dozen times in the last 60 years.

quote:

climate change freaks aren't given a proper name, they are a hole between 2 cheeks and it's not the one on your face

quote:

the only good muslim is a dead one, they should all be exterminated!

quote:

Bitcoin sounds like something beyond super stupid!

quote:

Let anyone that doesn't/won't feed themselves die!!! Eliminate food stamps here!

quote:

Riding a bicycle should be illegal for anyone over the age of 16!!!!

quote:

In the 60s and 70s I used to party with his son and daughter at Catalina and Barry was drunk on a yacht the entire weekend.

He also has a twitter that hasn't updated in a while. Dalereedsay
--------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to add any gems I missed in 1019 pages of poo poo. Please don't take Freep too seriously. They're as irrelevant as ever and slowly dieing. Their families have probably forsaken them. If you feel like you're getting too pissed off or something just take a freep-thread break. They will be too busy being miserable to miss you.

Noteworthy Terms:

Amish: The word Freep uses instead of a certain six letter word that starts with n to refer to black people. Came from some article that didn't specify race so they got pissed.

Zot: Banned. Refers to the noise God makes when smiting sinners, according to some comic.

TLDR Version: Freepers terrible sacks of poo poo. Do not provoke them and please source your quotes. We're here to point and laugh that's all.

Keep your powder dry, goons. Never know when this CW2/RAHOWA is going hot!

Recent Additions

In regards to crazy man shooting up a Jewish Center in April 2014

quote:

So far, all indications are that the shooter was a Klansman, thus an obama-supporting DemonRAT. In contrast, the TEA Party and Conservatives stand for God, life and liberty.
As I wrote elsewhere, after considerable thought, I simply can't think of a single episode of a mass murder or a political assassination carried out by anyone other than a liberal. And this incident in Kansas gets added to the long list of leftist murders.

312 posted on 4/13/2014 9:39:50 PM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)

In case you got thirsty reading this mess:

Oh and remember:

There is always more and it is always worse.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Georgia Peach posted:

Revolt is coming.

This Civil War II is going hot!

Oh feel free to do write ups about your favorite Freeper. I'll post them in the OP, link them, or something so they're easy to find. Dalereed just has a special place in my heart (the blackish holish part).

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Ah yes, Genesis. The first book in which Jesus talks about how his dad made men.

"On the 7th day my old man told me to get him a beer. I did and he soon fell asleep to reruns of That 70s Show."

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

isildur posted:

He was a commie. To be a real racist, you have to assassinate Rosa Parks.

Or that duck dude?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Vlaphor posted:

There are times where I want to reread freep around the Obama reelection. What's the best way to find articles from Nov 2012?

Check out roughly page 475 on the old Freep thread for some quality Obama reelection vintage tears.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Brings a neat perspective to those stupid memes about N. Korea having 'safer' borders than the US.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Guavanaut posted:

The original constitution, not the one written by hippie liberal deists who went around telling the Muslims that they weren't even a Christian nation.

So either the Magna Carta, or some document that exists only in their heads.

The articles of confederation?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Rand alPaul posted:

This always makes me laugh about the Far Right's support for Israel. They're banking all their support on a loving Harry Potter-style prophecy. :psyduck:

Harry Potter? Please, that kid didn't even die before he became the hero.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Jagged Jim posted:

That was said by Ann Coulter. :negative:

e,fb

Freep has since turned on Coulter. I think it was something birth control related. Maybe immigration. On my phone so I can't look it up easily.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

It was backing Chris Christie over Romney during the primaries, saying that Romney would lose.

That's amazing. I'll remind everyone that supporting Mitt was zot-worthy during the primary.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Sorry I don't think eating a live fetus counts as Halal. For one, it wasn't slaughtered in the proper way.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

deoju posted:

I've got a humble request...

If you post a bunch of Freeper comments about an third-party article could you post a link to the article too? I'd like to read what they are talking about, but the layout on freep is so archaic that it takes me a minute to find it.

:)

Unless it's a "vanity" thread, the link to whatever article will be in the Freep op. It's the link at the top of the post.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Jagged Jim posted:

Now let me tell you how liberals are the real racists.

E: Debate & Discussion > Freepers: Estrogen Powered Communists!

Yeah if the mods will allow name changes once more, now that Always Worse is retired, I'd like this as a title.

Man they hate the first lady. She's built like a brick poo poo house. At 50. Probably terrified of her.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Freep loving Hates Soccer

Big Surprise here.

:911:

quote:

Who cares what the rest of the world thinks..OH WAIT LIBS DO..now this makes sense.

2 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:23:39 AM by Paul46360

Excuse me while I go play polo.

quote:

Hogwash! Soccer flourishes because it is inexpensive to play.

3 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:24:29 AM by Repulican Donkey

Zidane owes this man a head butt.

quote:

In the USA, soccer has been, and forever will be, considered a girl’s sport.

6 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:26:34 AM by Ol' Dan Tucker (People should not be afraid of the government. Government should be afraid of the people)

quote:

Who watches soccer in the US? Illegals and the families of misguided kids who play it.

9 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:28:41 AM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

Sigh...yes. So I've been told by every left-wing globalist since at least the 1970's. Soccer is better the football! Why won't you jingoistic neanderthals realize that?!? The rest of the world loves soccer! We will never be apart of the world community until we embrace it! So even if you don't like it, at least put on a smile and pretend to for the sake of world peace!

But despite 40+ years of trying, Football is, if anything, more popular now that it was back then and Soccer's popularity (or lack thereof) is virtually unchanged. In fact if you want to put on the tinfoil hat, I wonder if a lot of the recent attempts to "neuter" Football through lawsuits and rules to reduce hits, is an attempt to destroy the sport with the though that then we won't have any choice but to watch Soccer.
11 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:30:06 AM by apillar

quote:

Soccer is a girl’s game. Period. It’s also extremely boring. I tried getting interested when Virginia Beach built a sports stadium for a local team. I went to 4 or 5 of their matches. It seemed to me that the game was nothing but passing the ball back and forth for no apparent gain, 99% of the time. Watching soccer wasn’t even a good excuse to sit outdoors and drink beer. I had more fun sitting in my backyard all by myself.

13 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:31:08 AM by pgkdan

This one is pretty funny though.

quote:

Pajama Boy likes soccer

18 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:33:17 AM by artichokegrower

quote:

I have noticed that soccer is being pushed harder, and might even be more popular in the US in the past few years. I’ve also noticed that soccer seems to be extremely popular in socialist/communist countries.

Doesn’t mean there is a link, but it doesn’t mean there isn’t a link.

19 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:33:24 AM by brownsfan (Behold, the power of government cheese.)

:allears:

quote:

Send it back to the third world where it came from!

20 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:34:00 AM by dalereed

quote:

11. Easy for stupid people to understand.

12. Can be played on third world dung heaps.
28 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:38:59 AM by clintonh8r (Don't twerk me, Bro!)

quote:

Soccer was pushed in the US in the 70s because libs thought it would give girls a stage on which to go head to head against boys. In spite of all the effort put into it for four decades it is still a wimp sport and for most young boys it holds little interest.

Add to that the "everyone gets a trophy" and "no keeping score" garbage and it's easy to see why it's a continued loser. I hate to offend any soccer fans but, to me it just plain looks wimpy no matter how they try to build it up.
29 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:39:50 AM by Baynative (Got bulbs? Check my profile page.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

The gently caress? hahahahahah

quote:

The Brits never learned to speak english either, ban them both!

33 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:41:26 AM by dalereed
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

Because soccer except at the highest levels is for athletically non gifted or cowardly sailboat shirt children. Its the personification of the wimpification of the US and the world in general. Kids in the US who wash out at baseball beyond 8 or are too frightened to play a contact sport like football, lacrosse , or hockey gravitate towards soccer. You can run around and act like you are in an organized sport but you are actually doing nothing but jogging around in a disorganized mess. The sport is just plain boring, just like tennis(which is in tailspin worldwide). Funny you never see an athlete in any US pro sport woof about soccer, hell even David Beckham has to hang around his emaciated wife's friends for that celbutard factor. Only people defending the sport are former wimpy kids who played that pansy sport.
34 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:43:34 AM by pburgh01
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Seriously Freep? 17th Amendment year.

quote:

The U.S. Soccer Federation was founded in 1913, so you can do the math . . . .

61 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:13:47 AM by 1rudeboy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 58 | View Replies]

quote:

ACL injuries are epidemic among girls in high school and college, particularly among those playing soccer and basketball. Their bodies are just not made for those explosive cuts and moves. Go to any school and you will see several girls hobbling around on crutches.
82 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:51:07 AM by Charles Henrickson (Lifelong baseball fan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 76 | View Replies]

quote:

I am NOT a soccer fan, except that I will on occasion watch women’s soccer hoping they will take off their jerseys at the end. However, the low scoring we hear about in soccer - a 3 to 2 soccer match is not much different than a 21 to 14 football game. Still just 5 scores in the game.

84 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:53:11 AM by conservaterian (Time for a CONSERVATIVE party, but noooo, if we do that the libs will win !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

Any women who can run around in all directions for 90 minutes is not going to have a chest worth waiting for.

See post #36 above, the top girl on the left. She can't play soccer (Maybe the Jaguar's Cheerleader below could)
96 posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:30:58 AM by qam1 (There's been a huge party. All plates and the bottles are empty, all that's left is the bill to pay)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies]

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Wojtek posted:

How does freep justify loving football when so many players are "Amish"?

Same reason gladiatorial games were exciting in ancient Rome.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

deep space nein posted:

America's obsession with "manly" sports results in 6th graders playing through concussions and at least one highschooler/college player a year dying of dehydration because if they're not literally near death in practice they obviously don't want it bad enough. The NFL might be the most brutal because of the size and speed involved but its plain sadistic to watch a 5' tall kid be screamed at to run head first into someone twice his size for the glory of a last place junior high school.

Also I'm loving the irony of freepers mocking the athleticism of soccer while also mentioning that baseball exists.

I remember being ran until I blew chunks in middle school football. Then got told "way to hustle."

Thankfully that ended in HS where the coach was a real health professional. That guy got pissed if we weren't downing water at like every available moment when it was hot.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Baseball's really the best sport. Takes a bit of learning to get into but drat if that sport doesn't have it all. Terrible collisions, statistics, dingers, balls flying at 95-100mph, The Cubs... you name it!

Even some Freepers were saying that. Guess what? They're right.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Wonder what Post 35 was that it got removed. Post 26 up there certainly didn't and that one's basically "drat I wish we never gave those dogs blacks a home."

Oh probably just used the word that makes you the real racist.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Wonder if Freep knows that both India and Pakistan have enough nuclear weapons to obliterate each other?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm going to be a super-DnD Internet Warrior for a moment by saying that if someone said this to me on the street:

I would literally punch them in the face.

Then we'd all laugh at the guy crying about playing the knockout game for realsies.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Zwabu posted:

I am sure it's nothing more than "these guys are now our chief geopolitical rival and may actually take our place as the world's #1 power, economic and otherwise. I wish we'd killed all these fuckers when they weren't so strong and it would have been a lot easier."

The fact that they aren't white just makes it that much easier for him to think and say aloud.

Edit: Also, the only surprising thing to me about that Daily Mail business was that there was a freeper admin/mod who actually thought the Daily Mail was a worthless rag and said so. This is a site where WorldNet Daily is one of their most frequently cited sources.

Does Daily Mail do pieces that don't align 100% with their echo chamber? If so, that's your reason regardless of their journalist integrity.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I think a lot of people don't think "specialist" when they hear "Canadian doctors have absurd wait times!!", they think either primary care doctors or emergency room doctors. I have also heard people outright claim that ER's in Canada have "three hour wait times" as if they didn't have triage systems or as if ER's in the US don't have three hour wait times for non-serious things either. There's a lot of really transparent propaganda trying to paint socialized medicine as bad that people buy into but that generally falls apart under even the slightest scrutiny.

EDIT: Another big complaint I've heard is that you wouldn't get to choose your own doctor, you'd have to pick from a list of "approved" ones in your area. You know, almost exactly like how most US insurance plans are set up these days too...

Oh and let's not forget that Socialist Europe/England/Canada/Wherever requires that old people are euthanized Logan's Run-style because they cost too much to care for and this is definitely true because Fox said so and I should never doubt this fact or even do any slight cursory research about it :tinfoil:

Sure both systems have their flaws. However, the US system allows for the loving over of the undesirables so it's better. :rolleyes:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
If you can't stand the wait why don't you bootstrap the kidney stones out? :smug:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Jesus. I applaud your endurance.

For those who don't know, passing a kidney stone is the equivalent of passing a little chunk of razor wire. Through your dick (or female equivalent). Oh and I guess everything in between there and the kidneys.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

SC Bracer posted:

Why is George Soros such a massive bogeyman for crazy conservative types anyway?

Rich, liberal, Jew, uhh supports not treating people like poo poo.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

They never go after Warren Buffett.

Warren Buffett isn't a dirty foreigner.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Stultus Maximus posted:

I believe the first part (well, not "quite a few"). There is a non-negligible number of physicists who think that climate science is just a debased form of physics and that physicists (the smartest scientists) can just do a simple thermodynamic model and call it a day. Same with engineers.

There's the problem! Stupid physicists are using models that only consider the start and end points. Since GCC is on going, they need to use kinetics.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Dude probably just played Dope Wars or something.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

SaltLick posted:

Much like saying soda or pop I imagine it's also a regional thing.

It's like the English language is a horrible mess of a bunch of languages smashed together.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

WarpedNaba posted:

It's a bastard language, and given the number of bastards in the world it seems only fitting to be the global language.

Oh don't get me started on acronyms either.

Anyone who uses acronyms should lie down in the street and die!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's no real surprise. These assholes actively post about their fantasies that involve shooting people who piss them off.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Lord Hydronium posted:

They post that poo poo all the time and it passes without moderation. What makes this different? Are they worried other sites are going to call them out on it like the Malia/Sasha thing?

The veil on the racism sign can only cover up so many BTUs worth of flood lights.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Elephant Ambush posted:

Question: I had a run-in with the most racist person I think I've ever personally met last night. I was sitting at the bar of a Mexican restaurant I've been going to for like 14 years and waiting for my sister to join me for dinner. Could I post the story here or is personal stuff not really allowed? I'd like to share it with people but I don't want to break any rules or poo poo up or derail the thread.

Just take out any identifying information if you want to be extra safe.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

predicto posted:

So, has there been any discussion in Freep about the horrible chemical spill into the drinking water of Charleston, West Virginia, caused by a crappy coal company with no regard for the environement..

haha no of course not

unless maybe to complain that Obama makes the company clean its emissions at all....

You rang?

Operations Cease at That loving Place

quote:

You are not kidding. The dems will really go after coal now. This whole thing is fishy, they had time to stop the intake from the Elk River but did not. I last heard 10 people now in the hospital. Pay attention to this the war on coal is on I just hope West Virginians don’t get a tree huggy after this.

3 posted on Friday, January 10, 2014 9:25:59 PM by Morgana (Always a bit of truth in dark humor.)

quote:

Initial local reports Friday AM (I’m in Huntington) blamed a coal mine. The story has changed serveral times so far and I still find it lacking, none of the reports mention FEMA. But, FEMA moved in within hours of the first reports with water trucks and are as far down river as Milton as of this afternoon. It all happened too quickly imho, I’ll be drinking from my own stash - I don’t want no FEMA water.

Since October, the tin-foil hat forums have been predicting a major FEMA “event” in District 9 for the new year. Whether this is legit or a planned “event”, FEMA moved in way too fast considering they are usually a week late even when they see a major hurricane coming (e.g. Katrina). How they got water trucks spread from Charleston to Milton this quickly is curious.

8 posted on Friday, January 10, 2014 11:27:47 PM by Drumbo ("Democracy can withstand anything but democrats." - Jubal Harshaw (Robert A. Heinlein))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

I figure it was most likely sabotage. A way to get the citizens angry at the coal industry so they can put them out of business.

With this current lawless regime. Anything is possible for them to use to get their way. This is a nudge.

17 posted on Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:17:35 AM by dforest
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Hahahahaha

quote:

The chemical spilled is used to clean coal.

18 posted on Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:18:33 AM by dforest
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

BiggerBoat posted:

"I don't want no FEMA water"? Holy poo poo.

In their defense, FEMA water is scary poo poo that comes in a can.

Though I'd trust something from a can labeled FEMA over a dusty jug of Freep Water.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 17, 2014

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ArchangeI posted:

Freeper tears, on the other hand, are the best source of hydration known to man.

They're like Gatorade minus all the sugar.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It's stuff like the rabid Putin-worship that tips Freepers over the edge from "just really conservative people" to "actual fascists" to me. These people desperately want a single, powerful governmental figure that seems to agree with their worldview. They want this person to give them benefits, while punishing those that they don't like. All of their whining about how free speech is dead, and how the government surveys and controls everything, goes straight out the window and is completely overridden as soon as a figure like Putin comes in and starts comparing gays to pedophiles and imprisons them. They know that, under Putin, their free speech would be curtailed, and their lives would be monitored daily. But, hey, at least those homos would get what's coming to them!

I know it's more complicated than my limited analysis and knowledge on the subject, but that same desire to be "benevolently controlled" is probably one of the reasons for the whole "When Bush did it, it was okay, but now it's tyranny" trend in Freepland. It's not that they didn't know that Bush started rolling back constitutional rights and started actively spying on its own people. They were well aware; but Bush was on their side, so it was okay!

Yeah pretty much. It's been said before but here goes again. Freep would be perfectly happy under an oppressive dictator so long as that dictator supported their ideas. So like a Christian version of the Taliban.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Manuel Calavera posted:

Duh, REAL Americans. God, get it together Stultus, you should know that!

One angry freeper with a rascal mounted with an M60 is worth 50 butt sexers in the RaHoWa.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Isn't Obama pretty wealthy, too? Not nearly Mitt Romney rich but pretty drat well off. Especially considering he did it himself affirmative actioned his way up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

RagnarokAngel posted:

You have to be well off to get into politics above the city level unfortunately. :(

Though I do remember reading Clinton took out a noticeable loan for his campaign.

This is certainly true. Takes a pile to actually break the seal into state politics. Local level, too, in a larger city. County level depends on the area.

Though I don't think you can compare Romney's wealth to Obama's.

• Locked thread