Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CombineThresher posted:

I imagine a lot of them were angry shithead losers just like today, only society was forced to humor them because they were white men and now that's not always the case anymore, so they're even angrier.

It's partly that. Another part is that society mostly agreed with them when they were younger. Now a ton of people, even large numbers of people in their generation, have evolved and adapted and accepted that things are changing and that's OK. Freepers were raised in the most conservative households, where "changing your mind" is only allowed for things like you favorite song or TV show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Vriess posted:

They'd rage that they couldn't get a double Qrt. Pounder with Cheese and their sodas were half the size without free refills.

Freepers would love the fact that some of them still have smoking sections but would probably get mad that those sections also have really effective ways of removing the smoke from the building and minimizing the amount of smoke that drifts to other sections of the restaurant.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
They only hate the police when it suits them. Just like everything else.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Drone posted:

This one is best read if you imagine him breathing heavily and gasping between each one, clearly overexerting himself as he wanks to his CW2 fantasy.

"Pockets of resistence...."

"Rural... southerners... aw yeah..."

"Did the Serbs.... unnngghhh fuuuuck."

That is a post from a clearly insane human being. It's a little scary. I know he'll never do anything because Freepers are cowards but that post weirded me out.

Radish posted:

The dumbest thing about all this "if she had a gun..." nonsense is that in pretty much every one of these situations the aggressor is armed with a gun rather than any other weapon. The "we have to have more guns to protect ourselves from all these guns!!" mentality is so weird even when you account for latent racism. To them guns are really like magical objects that ward off danger somehow.

To Freepers it's not enough to simply ask someone to stop doing something in a polite way. Everything is about establishing immediate dominance and control over every single little situation in life, and to Freepers the best way to do that is to threaten someone's life. This is because they are insecure and scared and uneducated and mentally underdeveloped. I understand that a lot of that isn't their fault and they're products of their upbringing and environment, but they're really angry people who agree with dangerous ideologies and I'm glad they're mostly ineffectual forum posters.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 15, 2014

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Question: I had a run-in with the most racist person I think I've ever personally met last night. I was sitting at the bar of a Mexican restaurant I've been going to for like 14 years and waiting for my sister to join me for dinner. Could I post the story here or is personal stuff not really allowed? I'd like to share it with people but I don't want to break any rules or poo poo up or derail the thread.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

DemeaninDemon posted:

Just take out any identifying information if you want to be extra safe.

There isn't any in there. I typed it up but now I'm worried that it's too detailed in terms of what was said. It's also kind of long. I'm also worried that it'll come across as one of those stdh.txt stories where everyone got up and clapped at the end, even though I intentionally tried to avoid doing that. It's not really self-congratulatory at all but I'm sure some dumb shitheel will come in here and accuse me of it so I'm not sure I want to post it. Maybe I'll sleep on it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well like I said, I was waiting at the bar while waiting for my sister to join me. I got my usual margarita and was small-talking with the bartender. The only other person at the bar was this older dude that I've seen there before. I've exchanged brief pleasantries with him before but nothing else. Apparently he works at or owns the barber shop next door to the restaurant and comes in for a drink after his shift sometimes.

There was some other white dude in a suit there who was just leaving. I guess some of the staff asked to take a picture with him and he was being cool and posing with them. I asked who he was and I was told by the bartender and the other guy at the bar that he's the superintendent for the Chicago Police. I live in the suburbs so I have no idea what he was doing out here but whatever. None of my business.

As the superintendent guy is leaving, the other guy at the bar says to him "Hey I just wanna say I'd love to slap some of those aldermen downtown that are always giving you a hard time." I roll my eyes to myself and just assume the guy's an idiot. Then he turns around and says to the bartender, loudly, "What I wanted to say was I'd love to slap some of those black aldermen downtown that are always giving you a hard time." I was pretty stunned by this but I tried to roll with it so I said, jokingly, "I'm glad you didn't say that."

Then he goes on because while he didn't seem drunk, he had apparently had enough to drink that it made him brave enough to just starting saying anything that came to his mind. He said something like "They're hassling him because he appointed a white chief police to a precinct in a black neighborhood." And then, loudly, he adds "And it's because he was the most qualified person for the job!" while poking the bar with his finger.

Then he says something like "So now all the black preachers down in that neighborhood are complaining that it should've been a black guy appointed there." So I politely say "Well I think they have a point there. If you're not black you don't really know how things are in those neighborhoods". This immediately made him upset. He responded with "Nah you don't know what you're talking about. My brother's a cop and he's been in those neighborhoods for years and he knows exactly how things are." So I said, "Yeah OK I understand that, but he didn't grow up black so he doesn't really have the full perspective." I just assumed his brother was not black. Again, he told me I had no idea what I was talking about and his brother was a cop for however many years. I forget exactly what he said next, but he went on for a bit before saying something to the effect of "those people don't know how to govern themselves".

So again, trying not to start a big scene in a public place that I've been going to for 14 years and where everyone knows me, I put a confused look on my face and say "So wait, you're basically saying that a white cop knows more about what it's like to be black than actual black people do?" This upset him even more. His reply was something like "Have you ever been downtown in those neighborhoods? Have you seen what it's like? My brother tells me all kinds of stories about how many people get shot every year. Those people are crazy down there." And then, for no reason at all, he just said "They don't wanna work."

So I asked "Wait, 'those people'?" and he said "Yeah they don't wanna work and you see the stories on the news, it's dangerous down there. You think you or I could walk around down there at night?"

At this point I cracked a little bit and found myself smiling and saying, in a surprised way, "Ohhhh! I get it now! You're a racist!"

The next part was a little weird for me because I was expecting him to say something like "No I'm just telling it like it is" or "Oh come on that was a joke" or the usual denial that racists do when called out. This dude just nodded his head, made a half-shrugging motion with his hands, and said "Whatever, sure, fine." Then a second later, as I'm still surprised by his answer, he goes into a mini rant about how he has friends who are firefighters in some other city, and they'll tell you all the same things, and they've been down in those neighborhoods for years, and he just keeps clinging to this appeal to authority like a life raft the whole time, as if the anecdotes from his racist brother and racist friends are valid scientific data against what actual black people experience every day. I said "OK well I'll remember to tell all my black friends who have jobs and mortgages and normal lives just like you and I that the racist white guy at the bar knows more about what it's like to be black than they do" and he said "Yeah you tell 'em."

The rest of the encounter was kind of boring in terms of forum posts, but I'll summarize and that it was me asking him questions in such a way that it further expose him as a racist, and every time he just doubled down. Every single time. He never once denied his racism. At all. Then he paid for his drinks and started to leave, all the while telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and his brother the cop this and his firefighter friends that, followed by me pretty much just calling him a racist in different ways. I even said something mildly spiteful like "Well I guess I'll just start telling people that the barber shop is run by a racist" and he said "You tell 'em whatever you want." Then he left.

edit: The point of the above paragraph isn't to brag. The point is to show just how completely shameless and unrepentant this guy was. It was really surprising to me in a public place with other people there.

I immediately apologized to the staff there for that scene, even though I stayed calm and the other guy was almost yelling.

The next part I'm still sort of trying to work through. After I sat down, the server came up and was like "Hey how are you?" and I said, still a little frazzled, "Uhh, I've been better" and trying to smile. I apologized to him for the scene, and then I said "You know I just realized that if this dude hates black people so much, he probably thinks the same way about Mexican people too." Then the server basically tried to defend the guy. He was very polite about it but he said something to the effect that I focused too much on labels. Then he said something like "That guy comes in here a lot and he makes jokes about Mexicans and we make jokes about white people and it's all in fun", to which I replied "Dude that guy wasn't joking." This seemed to surprise him. He was like "You don't think he was joking?" and I said "No dude, he was dead serious. Did you hear all the stuff he said? Did you hear his tone of voice?" He said something else about labels and I said "I called him a racist because he's a racist. That's not focusing on labels. He deserved that." The server then said something about why couldn't I just let all that stuff slide the way he does. And I said "This isn't about me being offended. If I hadn't said anything, and nobody else did, he would walk out of here thinking that all those things are OK to say out loud in public and that everyone else agrees with him. He would've come back here and felt safe saying more racist stuff." There was a little more back and forth between us but it was polite. Then I ordered another margarita and we didn't talk about it anymore.

I'd like to point out here that everyone who works at this restaurant is full-on Mexican. The owner is Mexican too. I think the server, whom I've known a long time, may have been concerned about losing that racist guy as a customer, and I think he's one of those guys that is just used to the racism so he can let it slide. He didn't seem to understand that this racist guy was not joking at all, and that just because he, the server, was cool with casual racism directed against him personally, he didn't get to speak for everyone else. I didn't say any of that to him of course, but it bothered me a little that he could overhear this guy saying all this really racist stuff, never deny my accusations of racism, and then do that thing where you just try to see the best in everyone and minimize what happened. I also felt a little agitated that he sort of accused me of overreacting, even though I did the best I could to stay calm the whole time. Maybe it was my frequent use of the word "racist" but that racist guy really did need to hear that.

The whole thing was a crazy experience I've never had before. All in all I think I handled it pretty well. I didn't attack him in any other way than for his racism. I didn't yell. And I didn't do any tumblr SJW bullshit either. I tried really hard not to make a scene and to stay calm but this guy just got so brave and blatant with his racism that I really felt I had to say something so that he wouldn't walk away feeling like everyone agreed with him.

Then we all grew up to be Albert Einstein and applauded.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 17, 2014

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Joshmo posted:

I'm definitely defending the racist guy, and I probably wouldn't agree with your server either, but... It could very well be he's not racist towards Mexicans. Thinks *they* work hard, etc. Maybe makes some casual jokes because the Mexicans at the restaurant give right back. Blacks on the other, not so much. Probably just hears the worst from his brother. Only sees Mexicans working hard at places he visits. I used to work with a guy who couldn't possibly be more racist to blacks yet lived in South Korea for months after months of anticipation and defends, quite vocally, against someone who is racist or prejudiced towards Asians or their culture.

But then again. That guy could definitely be batshit racist towards everyone, so what do I know.

I had that same thought too.

Also, while I was just in the gym I was thinking about this a little more. I can see how someone outside the altercation might've thought I called the guy a racist too many times, but I figured out why I kept doing it. There's a part of me that kept waiting for him to say "I'm not a racist!" or "Stop calling me that!" or something. The fact that he never said anything like that at all and kept doubling down on all his racist assertions was pretty amazing.

Anyway that's the last I'll post about it. I don't want to make this my E/N thread. Thanks for reading.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So it sounds like some Freepers like Big Bang Theory because it reminds them of the good ol' days when they bullied nerds in school?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

muike posted:

I just really enjoy reading the internet posts of people who love being miserable. More than right wing politics, this is what ever freeper desires: they want to be miserable as poo poo.

They can't feel like innocent victims without it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Freep posted:

Stupid subject matter for stupid people in Stupid Land.

If there's any way we can get the thread title changed to this I would be eternally grateful. I cannot stop laughing at this.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I can't figure out what propaganda he's referring to in regards to Mulan.

Probably just the breaking of gender traditional roles.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm still trying to figure out the conservative brony thing. I'm gonna guess it's one of those quasi-libertarian things where the conservatism is mostly about economics and race and gender. Basically anti-equality and making sure nobody ever catches up to middle-class white men? Am I close?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Troglyfe posted:

I think part of it might be just being raised by republican dads, and possibly trying to distance themselves from the gays, since bronies generally hate being thought of as 'girly'. That's my guess anyway.

I thought part of the brony thing was bucking gender roles. I'm guessing if there's compartmentalized thinking involved then they probably think it's OK for them to watch a show for little girls and wear pastel colors, but women in computer science?! No Ma'am!

Or maybe it's just the weird obsessive perversion for cartoon pony rear end, I dunno.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Little Blackfly posted:

I always think of it as a cover for a personal sense of inadequate masculinity. Bronies started as a joke on 4chan, but evolved into a kind of roleplaying, where guys who felt less than absolutely manly try to prove how much they don't care about that by consuming media targeted at the logical opposite of a grown man: a little girl. However, these people aren't actually secure in their masculinity at all, its all a performance for the sake of others, so instead of actually bucking gender trends, they instead try to justify why ponies are actually ther manliest thing of all, and totally not associated with the hated gays (who are, after all, the greatest threat to orthodox masculinity in the west there is).

This is an interesting perspective on the phenomenon and thank you for posting it. :) Sorry to everyone else for the brony derail. I'll shut up now.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

For the first time in a long time, Freepers have made me smile. Here's why:
Coca-Cola (and General Mills) are gigantic apolitical corporate behemoths. They don't care about gays or Muslims or interracial couples or whatever. They care about people buying their products in vast quantities. They do not do controversy to get eyeballs. They play it safe. This means that the corporate marketing suits have calculated that the vast majority of the consuming public either a) does not care about the gays and the Muslims and the interracial couples or b) feels self-satisfied about being past caring about the gays and the Muslims and the interracial couples. The Freepers and associated troglodytes are now such a small demographic that things that piss them off aren't even "controversial" any more. They're just angry and irrelevant from not only a progressive cultural standpoint, but a capitalist marketing standpoint.

This is exactly how I feel about it too. Also, Freep apparently doesn't remember the whole "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony" song from like, what, the 80s? Coke has been doing this "Let's all get along and also by the way please drink our sugar water" thing for a really long time.

edit: well I guess one of them does :haw:

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 3, 2014

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

DreamShipWrecked posted:

See, the thing is that the entire armed forces (apart from the fagmosexual upper command) is made up entirely of Tea Party types, and when the time comes every drone, jet, and tank will be turned against the White House

Except that these days the US military is comprised solely of gay men and women who hate America.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MizPiz posted:

Not solely, just mostly; there are absolutely no gays, women, or DemoRATS in special forces/operations and certain combat units after all.

I know you're mocking Freep here but wasn't there a recent story about a retired Navy SEAL coming out as a trans woman or something? That was pretty cool.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Dead Beef posted:

There are a lot of confused people who believe the phrase means something like "America is a melting pot" and isn't just an allusion to Federalism. I don't even think it's a multicultural thing, just "One (nation) from many (states)" but :freep:

I remember seeing that School House Rock as a kid about The Great American Melting Pot and ever since then I always assumed it meant something good. Like people come here from all over the place and we all learn from each other and take the best parts of ourselves and our disparate cultures to make something even greater. Then a few years ago I took an anthropology class at a local community college and I learned that apparently conservatives have redefined "melting pot" to mean exactly what Freepers mean when they say it. That made me pretty sad. :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

quote:

To: Hojczyk
Godless world communism is the liberal/progressive goal.

6 posted on 2/1/2014 4:29:02 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I love it when Freep accidentally gets something right for all the wrong reasons.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

It has nothing to do with the price of smokes. If the company raised the price $5 they wouldn't bat an eye, it's all about big gubment being all up in their freedoms.

They wouldn't like it if the company raised the base price either but they'd be a lot less upset than if a tax was added or increased.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Alter Ego posted:

There really is nothing to it other than a bunch of sexually-repressed old white Republicans thinking she's attractive. Kristol was one of them, Pat Buchanan is another.

Let's be fair here. Palin believes and says everything Freepers want to hear. The fact that they're attracted to her definitely amplifies their appreciation of her but it's not like it's the only reason they like her.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

BUSH 2112 posted:

So would every single Democratic non-Freeper voter in America, buddy.

That's more accurate.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I've never seen "libnerd" before. That's pretty funny. The idea that nerds will literally die from energy drink withdrawal is even funnier.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

They really don't get satire, do they?

They also can't grasp a non-binary worldview and get really confused when a movie makes fun of both conservatives and liberals at the same time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Freepers love any movie about war. Even if it's very explicitly anti-war, they will interpret it as being pro-war anyway.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mandals posted:

I know, I know, Huffington Post. But: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/12/unemployment-benefits_n_4769558.html

This article struck me as kind of wacky. Here's a self-styled Republican-voting Libertarian complaining that long-term unemployment benefits didn't get restored. I...what? He should be celebrating the triumph of the individual over the nanny state. How does he reconcile what would appear to be an internally-inconsistent belief system?

I want to feel bad for the guy but, no, gently caress it, I don't. Partially because I don't know him and therefore he's an abstraction to me, but also because I'm more than a little tired of people like this.

The only moral X is my X.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That's a whole lotta writing for sentiments that could as easily be expressed in just fourteen words.

Or a single word that starts with "N".

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well fine, if you reductionists want to ruin my "they are actually Nazis" fun.

I got your joke, I just wanted to save time. :)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Freeper posted:

To: WorkingClassFilth
Maybe bachelor degrees don’t mean that much (depends on the major) but both med and law schools have more women. Women are making more money on the job, too.

Men are getting lazy after centuries of domination — the patriarchy and all that. If men would just get off the couch, they have huge advantages over women in physical size and testosterone (aggressiveness) and native math ability.

Instead of working hard, men are poppin’ Buds and watching five football games a day. They deserve their fate.

16 posted on 2/13/2014 3:37:02 PM by heye2monn

I love this. I really do. Other than the :biotruths: horseshit he is 100% correct.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Celery Face posted:

Why do Freepers (okay, super homophobic people in general) instantly think of anal sex whenever anything that has to do with homosexuality is brought up? And they call gay people perverts. :ironicat: Besides, isn't it common knowledge that straight people have anal too and not all gay men even do it?

Freepers are the most traditionally heteronormative people. In their minds, the word "Sex" translates to "A man puts his penis inside something". Everything they post about sex follows from that base idea. One of the funniest things about it is that the way they talk, you'd think lesbians don't exist. They never mention lesbians at all unless it involves painting them as ugly butch bra-burners or whatever goes through their heads.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Huge Liability posted:

Yes. To me, it sounds like he's saying, "Homosexuals and pedophiles are both born with sick urges, but at least the pedophile's urges were appropriate at one point in his life, while homosexuality is always wrong."

I'd never heard that argument before and I find it very bizarre. Like I said, I've seen right-wingers try to compare homosexuality to pedophilia many times, and I get what they're trying to do. It's obviously completely awful, but I understand it.

But arguing that homosexuality is worse than pedophilia is a whole other level of insanity to me, not just because of how wrong it is, but because I cannot begin to understand what they think they stand to gain from defending pedophilia.

It sounds to me like "Well at least a pedophile is still attracted to the opposite sex!" which is just :psyduck:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Notorious QIG posted:

Which is especially funny given the fact that many people on the far-right think that pedophiles are exclusively or at least predominantly homosexual.

It's weird. I think when most Freeper-types hear "pedophile" without any context, they assume an adult man being attracted to underage girls because heteronormativity. But when they hear about gay men without any context, they immediately think that gay men are attracted to any person with a penis regardless of age, because most of them see all "sexual deviancy" as equivalent.

Freeper-types are also, predictably, unaware that most convicted pedophiles are straight men and that most of them target young boys. This is because it is less suspicious in the eyes of society and also because child rapists usually don't care about the gender of the victim. Most people think that rape is about sex, but it's not. Most of the time it's just about having absolute power and control over another person in the worst way possible. This is also why some forms of straight-man-on-straight-man violence involves anal penetration with objects. It's not about sex or sexual attraction at all.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

I think it was Slacktivist that explained why fundamentalists and the like are always comparing bestiality and pedophilia to homosexuality, it's because they understand sex differently than we do. Whereas we base it on the ability to consent, they base it on the idea of sin. I think he used some sort of box analogy.

So to us, we can say it's obvious an animal or child can't consent, and thus is wrong, but an adult male can consent to another adult male, so there's no problem there. To them, "man and woman" is right, whereas everything else is sin. To them, bestiality, pedophilia, and homosexuality are all sins and therefore all the same, which is why they constantly compare them. Because to their point of view, one's the same as another, and why they firmly believe that allowing gays to be accepted will lead to marrying toasters and sheep, because to them we're just legalizing sin, which means we will of course legalize all sin eventually. They can't wrap their heads around the fact that others base it on consent.

Yep. This is exactly it. And it sucks.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

quote:

To: DLfromthedesert

Diversity is weakness. Diversity is what CPAC embraced. Sorry you prefer that over a UNITED America.

26 posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:59:10 AM by Norm Lenhart
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

This is just pure-strain crazy.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

VideoTapir posted:

As time passes I have a less and less clear idea of what Freepers think socialism is.

Anytime anything fails to work properly it is always because of socialism.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What about communism? Sometimes it is communism instead.

Jk they're the same thing

:ssh: they are also the same as Marxism and liberalism and environmentalism and libertarianism

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

BUSH 2112 posted:

Getting to see them hate on Noah makes me smile, I have to tell you.

I don't see a lot of movies but I went to the theater recently. I was pretty surprised to see a trailer for a Noah movie, and even more surprised to see posters all over the place for a Jesus movie and some other movie called God's Not Dead. Seeing that Freepers are actually upset about at least one of these movies is a pretty big surprise.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
An English teacher who thinks that bell hooks writes "toothless prose" has either never read bell hooks or doesn't deserve to be an English teacher. Probably both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

kik2dagroin posted:

Yeah! They botch everything! Including their hiding of his real birth certificate, their outright fraud in stealing elections, their intimidation of Roberts to get him to consider the mandate as a TAX :byodood:, BENGHAZI, not putting boots on the ground in Crimea *trails off and begins frothing at the mouth*

This reminds me of one of my favorite Freep posts of all time. I don't remember who it was made by and I don't even remember the context. It was just another "Obama does a thing therefore it is bad" thread. But I do remember the first two sentences of it very clearly:

"0bama is an idiot. He knows exactly what he's doing."

That's about the most condensed example of compartmentalized thinking any of us will ever see. Literally, from one short sentence to the next, Obama is a brainless mongoloid and also an evil super-genius mastermind at the same time. Freepers are the stupidest loving people alive.

• Locked thread