Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Colorado pot shops likely targets of cartels, say experts

quote:

To: Brad from Tennessee
Holder likes none of this.

I’d say if there are “cartel hits” on such stores it’s likely in fact it was HOLDER’S GUYS.

Like Fast & Furious, yup.

OH SURE THE HITS WILL BE FROM “CARTELS”.

GayMuzzie is mobbed up on the sly with the Sinaloa.

If someone bursts in and robs these places and kills people inside, I’d say it’s the DOJ, even if they’re not in uniform.

10 posted on 1/11/2014 1:02:56 PM by gaijin

This guy is onto something....

quote:

To: Brad from Tennessee
The joint is the Girl Scout Cookie of the future. I can see it now, little girls showing up at the door selling refer. They can also have a line of accessories, bongs, lighters, pipes and rolling papers.

17 posted on 1/11/2014 1:12:08 PM by ImJustAnotherOkie (zerogottago)

Rick Santorum warns fellow Republicans: ‘We live in a bubble’ :ironicat:

No one can figure out who Santorum is talking to...

quote:

To: DoughtyOne
Is he talking about the party or the Republican voters? It was hard to tell from the OP

10 posted on 1/11/2014 10:29:01 AM by GeronL (Extra Large Cheesy Over-Stuffed Hobbit)

quote:

To: Drew68
One flaw: Does Santorum think the night time television represents society or is even relevant?

Talk about being in a bubble.

15 posted on 1/11/2014 10:35:11 AM by raybbr (I weep over my sons' future in this Godforsaken country.)

I don't live in a bubble. I listen to RUSH!

quote:

He does. We tend to forget that blacks used to be overwhelmingly Republican...today, a black Republican is an anomaly.

Our programs are better, we are LOUSY at expressing them. Limbaugh does a good job as he describes how conservatism really helps people.

23 posted on 1/11/2014 10:42:08 AM by SoFloFreeper

quote:

To: raybbr
People who still watch ANYTHING on broadcast TV are irrelevant. If they vote, they will vote as they always have. They cannot be reached.

26 posted on 1/11/2014 10:45:33 AM by Arthur McGowan

This guy really hates Obamacare and the EPA.

quote:

A conservative populist platform like Newt Gingrich's Contract with America would probably appeal to the hard-working, law-abiding people Rick Santorum is talking about.
- Repeal Obamacare
- Balance the federal budget
- Appoint conservative judges
- Reduce the power of federal agencies like EPA
- Close the border
- Mandate e-verify
- Cancel Obama's "DREAM" act enacted by executive order
- Cancel all Obama executive orders
- No more "nation building"
- Eliminate foreign aid to dictators
- Repeal Obamacare
- Balance the federal budget
- Appoint conservative judges
- Reduce the power of federal agencies like EPA

28 posted on 1/11/2014 10:46:44 AM by Menehune56 ("Let them hate so long as they fear" (Oderint Dum Metuant), Lucius Accius (170 BC - 86 BC))

quote:

He said it is a failure of empathy that has led Republicans to spend too much time talking negatively — “cut this, cut that” — focused on facts and figures, pie charts and bar graphs, while Democrats talk more compellingly in stories and images that are the way most people receive information.
Dems lie with those stories...It's why last year they were all looking for the young family with the blond innocent child that was denied healthcare... Course they didn't find it...

It's the same tactic dems used years ago to push through horrible legislation on 'the homeless'... all based on lies. Lies the lined the pockets of the Homeless Industry but didn't do crap for people on the streets. We don't need to follow the ways of liars...

36 posted on 1/11/2014 10:59:47 AM by GOPJ ("Remember who the real enemy is... ")

How can I buy shares in this "Homeless Industry"?

Most of the rest of that thread is people saying that Republican need to change their message to basically 'cut everything' and Santorum doesn't understand this because it's what the people want. They don't understand the bubble at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I only had to wait about an hour when I got my ear ring caught on my car door and ripped the earlobe in half. Probably because I came in covered in blood and trying to stop the bleeding with a liquor store receipt.

Of course the bill for that whole thing was something stupid like $3250 for 12 stitches. My insurance picked it up but my HSA took a nice hit because they considered it 'not preapproved cosmetic surgery'. So yeah, best healthcare in the world or something.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

His airline employer filed bankruptcy, and his pay and retirement structure there went to hades.

Hey, free market and all that.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Swan Oat posted:

This is rude to people with bad eyes. I'm not finding my glasses just to go to the bathroom! Sitting on the toilet is the only way to go.

Also, any Freep reaction to Richard Sherman's postgame interview? Twitter exploded with racism last night.

A bit, but not too much.

quote:

To: djf
Huh? This is Seattle’s second time there, the first being in 2005-2006 season where we won.

Interesting stat on Richard Sherman. This season he was thrown at 58 times. 8 of those were interceptions.

18 posted on 1/20/2014 12:03:34 AM by 21twelve (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2185147/posts 2013 is 1933 REBORN)

quote:

To: This Just In
After Shermans temper tantrum, I hope the Broncos win 100-0.

26 posted on 1/20/2014 1:21:21 AM by chessplayer

quote:

To: chessplayer
Richard Sherman was in “Beast Mode” when he made his remark about Crabtree. I imagine Crabtree was spewing out his nastiness at Sherman throughout the game. That end of game swat on Sherman’s helmet by Crabtree may have caused Sherman to let loose.

27 posted on 1/20/2014 2:26:51 AM by jonrick46 (The opium of Communists: other people's money.)

This guy also has no idea how much Bowman actually makes.

quote:

To: jonrick46
49ers deserved it. They are the most classless, trash-talking team in the league and get away with more cheap shots and penalties than any team in the league.

And that little mobster Eddie D is probably still greasing the refs.

Anyone that would bribe a sitting governor with 400k cash for a Riverboat Gambling License isn’t beyond fixing a few playoff and Super Bowls.

Living in the Bay Area, I’ve heard all kinds of stories about this little mobster and seen way too many fishy games to know that it’s more than just luck or coincidence.

The 49ers have been penalized draft picks for cheating the salary cap for paying players under the table and probably still are.

How are guys like NaVarro Bowman and Patrick Willis playing for 6-7 Million a year when top ILB’s are making 2x as much?

He’s probably still running two sets of books to fit the payroll under the salary cap.

30 posted on 1/20/2014 2:43:46 AM by Rodney Dangerfield ("Close the Voter ID Loophole! ID & Background checks for all voters!")

quote:

To: Rodney Dangerfield
"49ers deserved it."
Since I didn't have a dog in this hunt I pulled for Seattle when I read that Pelosi has a thing for the SF quarterback.
Plus she is from SF

33 posted on 1/20/2014 2:59:03 AM by DeaconRed (GOD: Please send us one more Ronald Reagan. Soon. Thanks Deacon Red. PS It ain't Christie. . .)

quote:

After listening to that classless moron Richard Sherman after the game, I gotta pull for the Broncos. Pete Carroll supervised a dirty program at USC, and I have zilch respect for him...

36 posted on 1/20/2014 3:29:47 AM by bike800

lol...

quote:

The Pot Bowl.

39 posted on 1/20/2014 3:43:37 AM by tobyhill

quote:

To: All
I didn't really care who won but after this Sherman ahole’s rant I'm rooting for Denver.
44 posted on 1/20/2014 5:11:58 AM by McGruff (I stand with Phil.)

Mostly just lots of bitching about the refs.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Do these people know anything at all about football? Sherman isn't a quarterback, he's a cornerback. Sherman isn't "Beast Mode", that's Marshawn Lynch. And holy gently caress steroid pumped muscle heads getting paid millions of dollars to smash into one another while running full speed at arrogant pricks?! Jeez, what a surprise!

Also Seattle didn't win the 2006 Superbowl, they lost to Pittsburgh.

There's more...and it's worse.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3113640/posts

quote:

To: Texas Eagle

No wonder I lost interest in the game years ago. . . . .

2 posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 9:25:58 AM by DeaconRed (GOD: Please send us one more Ronald Reagan. Soon. Thanks Deacon Red. PS It ain't Christie. . .)

quote:

To: DeaconRed
No wonder I lost interest in the game years ago. . . . .

Same here. It's a thug's game now, belonging to the lowest common denominator.

Now days, I only watch the Super Bowl... maybe.
4 posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 9:30:30 AM by jeffc (The U.S. media are our enemy)

quote:

To: ZirconEncrustedTweezers

The NFL is full of punks. I don’t follow it nearly as much as I used to.

5 posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 9:30:34 AM by ilovesarah2012
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

I have no idea if this guy it trying to insult someone or really hasn't watched football since the 50's or something.

quote:

Now I know it’s been a long time since I watched a game....since when do football players wear short pants?

8 posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 9:33:01 AM by JoeDetweiler

quote:

To: ZirconEncrustedTweezers

He sounded like a punk because that’s what he is inside. He is an arrested development athlete being used to make folks rich, so they will ignore and excuse punkishness because they really don’t give a darn about Richard the person or his life, just what they can get out of him while they have him under contract. And folks, they got a lot out of him Sunday!

14 posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 9:35:44 AM by MHGinTN (Being deceived can be cured.)

And peak Freep in two posts.

quote:

To: jeffc

Some white player needs to file a suit pointing out the number of blacks to whites is out of whack.

16 posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 9:36:13 AM by VerySadAmerican (".....Barrack, and the horse Mohammed rode in on.")

quote:

Thug, thug, thug!

17 posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 9:37:15 AM by McGruff

This guy is going to get dog piled.

quote:

Here is an article that explains it pretty well...

22 Brief Thoughts About Richard Sherman's Interview

I give Sherman a pass. He is NOT a thug. No one can convince me otherwise.
20 posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 9:43:57 AM by hoagy62 ("Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered..."-Thomas Paine. 1776)

The link he was posting: http://www.forbes.com/sites/tommytomlinson/2014/01/19/22-brief-thoughts-about-that-richard-sherman-interview/

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 20, 2014

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I missed a few other threads about Sherman, Freep is pissed about this guy and other 'thugs' ruining football.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I don't watch football or any sport, but isn't football like, ≥50% black? Won't they need to bitch about almost every player?

Basically.

quote:

To: Dave346

I am a Saint fan, but you can’t believe how hard I will be rooting for Manning to go after this guy. Also, I suppose this is a racist comment, but why does the NFL let its’ players wear those long dreadlocks? Maybe, I am old fashioned, but Lombardi, Halas and Landry would have never let their players get away with that, and it isn’t just Dreadlocks, it is any hair that falls below th bottom of the back of the helmut that should be banned. They can wear a stocking cap or tie it up if they insist on having it.

8 posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 8:58:38 AM by Old Retired Army Guy

quote:

To: Old Retired Army Guy

I remember, as a kid, wasn’t Golden Richards on the Cowboys under Tom Landry. He had a little length to his hair . . . nothing like today and nothing like dreadlocks. Just sayin’ I say a lot of football with my Father and Grandfather watching the Cowboys back in the day.

That said, I don’t think they should have all that long hair. Looks awful.

12 posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 9:04:00 AM by Qwackertoo (Going into Politic Free Zone Momma Grizzly hibernation for a while after this week, maybe forever.)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
In one of the threads about MLK quite a few people are saying that would work for free today out of spite because it's a made-up holiday.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3115747/posts

quote:

The butthumpers are on a roll and politicians are scared to death of them!!
Stop this insane madness about Sexual preference Perversion. They may as
well be porking Pigs in time square since that's how bold they've become.
Homosexuality was a criminal offense for a Reason.. Sick Sick Sick!

11 posted on 1/25/2014 5:03:39 PM by MaxMax (Pay Attention and you'll be pissed off too! FIRE BOEHNER, NOW!)

BUTTHUMPERS

quote:

To: wonkowasright
Abolish no fault divorce. The notion that marriage is truly a lifelong commitment will cause gays to run like rats, and it will strengthen traditional marriage for the rest of us at the same time.

16 posted on 1/25/2014 5:29:52 PM by Burkean (.)

quote:

To: CodeToad
Homosexuality is sexual perversion and a mental issue.
It's a choice!
The "why" of it is unfathomable. Yes, it's a perversion and a mental issue, based on CHOICE.

18 posted on 1/25/2014 5:40:57 PM by cloudmountain

I assume this guy is about to get banned.

quote:

To: Extremely Extreme Extremist
Homosexuals cannot procreate. Period.
I really hate to tell you this, but thousands upon thousands of homosexuals have biological children. It can be from a marriage to a straight person, it can be through artificial insemination, it can be from a surrogate. Shoot, homosexuals can be sperm donors and have hundreds of offspring. So they are busy procreating every day.

Without marriage and children, our population would age rapidly with no replacements.

No, without children our population would age rapidly with no replacements. Marriage is not necessary for procreation, for either heterosexual or homosexual couples.

22 posted on 1/25/2014 6:58:42 PM by ConstantSkeptic (Be careful about preconceptions)

quote:

To: ConstantSkeptic
but thousands upon thousands of homosexuals have biological children.
Stats, please. I say horse vomit.

It can be from a marriage to a straight person

The majority of homosexuals weren't in a previous traditional marriage.

it can be through artificial insemination, it can be from a surrogate. Shoot, homosexuals can be sperm donors and have hundreds of offspring.

More garbage opinion not supported by facts.

So they are busy procreating every day.

No, they are not "procreating" in the natural sense. They are out cruising or whatever the Hell homos do.

No, without children our population would age rapidly with no replacements.

Without them growing up in a two-parent household to guide and nurture them?

24 posted on 1/25/2014 7:23:00 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (15 years of FReeping! Congratulations EEE!!)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Reaction to the Maryland mall shooter being IDed.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3115885/posts

And we're off!

quote:

To: KeyLargo
Muslim convert?
Police say they have disabled crude attempts at explosive devices found in gunman's bag at Maryland mall - @AP

2 posted on 1/26/2014 7:06:16 AM by Lazamataz (Early 2009 to 7/21/2013 - RIP my little girl Cathy. You were the best cat ever. You will be missed.)

quote:

To: Lazamataz
Darion Marcus Aguilar?

Doesn’t sound muzzie to me, perhaps black or latino. I could be VERY wrong but doubt it.

3 posted on 1/26/2014 7:10:45 AM by Progov

quote:

To: Lazamataz
It was either a personal grudge attack or he converted to Islam in my opinion.

In today’s paramilitary police state, we may never know the truth if the latter was the case.

14 posted on 1/26/2014 7:33:57 AM by ZULU (Magua is sitting in the Oval Office. Ted Cruz/Phil Robertson in 2016.)

quote:

To: KeyLargo
Somebody please explain to me how this mutt walks up to the second floor of a busy mall with a loaded shotgun.

15 posted on 1/26/2014 7:34:57 AM by Jimmy Valentine (DemocRATS - when they speak, they lie; when they are silent, they are stealing the American Dream)

quote:

To: silverleaf
Sounds like jealous lover or stalker, not terrorism
That was my estimation too. But the new reports of his backpack having a bunch of homemade IED's has me wondering about motive. Could be was a self-converted wanna-be jihadist. Just didn't have the contacts to get good training. The explosives were apparently crude and simple devices with household common components. All that though makes it odd that he offed himself after killing just those two, and not continuing whatever presumably larger plan he had.

Was he confronted? Could be. Maybe the two, or one of them, was the target after all and he simply came armed for an extended search or stand off? Dunno. It's curious. Maybe wasn't actually ready to deal with the carnage he created and it overwhelmed him. It's an uglier thing than it seems in the movies.

I'd like to know that there are -witnesses- that saw him kill himself. So that we know he wasn't merely a third victim and the real shooter left the backpack and shotgun on him and walked away and out of the mall.

21 posted on 1/26/2014 7:40:22 AM by Ramius (Personally, I give us one chance in three. More tea anyone?)

See below for when they do get released.

quote:

To: cajungirl
no pics of perp anywhere!

Speaks volumes.

31 posted on 1/26/2014 7:53:56 AM by Starboard

quote:

To: RandallFlagg
ABCDisney, Huppnpuff, all the Leftist links.

The Cyber-Warriors For Obama are out in combat formation.

60 posted on 1/26/2014 9:07:17 AM by Old Sarge (TINVOWOOT: There Is No Voting Our Way Out Of This)

quote:

To: Old Sarge
I’m SO glad we outnumber them.
Heading out to the Tanner Gun Show in a couple of hours. That should better my mood after reading that crap.

62 posted on 1/26/2014 9:10:27 AM by RandallFlagg (IRS = Internal Revenge Service)

quote:

To: wac3rd; oh8eleven; Starboard
Who's yer Daddy?

72 posted on 1/26/2014 10:08:12 AM by shibumi (Cover it with gas and set it on fire.)

quote:

To: shibumi
Remarkable likeness. If you check out a few videos, you’ll note that they share many similar mannerisms too.

74 posted on 1/26/2014 10:17:12 AM by Starboard

Talking about who the kid's (of the murdered worker) dad was.

quote:

To: Starboard
Not either of the dead guys??/ Yikes....she got around.

79 posted on 1/26/2014 11:11:18 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion......the Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

To: cajungirl
If Obama had a son he would look just like: Darion Marcus Aguilar

87 posted on 1/26/2014 1:15:04 PM by KeyLargo

quote:

To: H8N-S8N; Progov; KeyLargo; MestaMachine; boop; Marcella; I want the USA back; Impala64ssa
WELL, THAT EXPLAINS WHY EVERYONE WAS SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE PERP'S PRIVACY...
88 posted on 1/26/2014 1:54:20 PM by Old Sarge (TINVOWOOT: There Is No Voting Our Way Out Of This)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think you're pretty much right but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Here is #2777 by the way.

quote:

The Sunday celebration of the Lord's Day and his Eucharist is at the heart of the Church's life. "Sunday is the day on which the paschal mystery is celebrated in light of the apostolic tradition and is to be observed as the foremost holy day of obligation in the universal Church."110

"Also to be observed are the day of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Epiphany, the Ascension of Christ, the feast of the Body and Blood of Christi, the feast of Mary the Mother of God, her Immaculate Conception, her Assumption, the feast of Saint Joseph, the feast of the Apostles Saints Peter and Paul, and the feast of All Saints."

So I have no idea what kind of coherent thought he was actually trying to form.

Maybe he's thinking of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 27, 2014

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bpower posted:

Thats surprising for a non-US goon. How far are they from the nearest small town?

I live in a kinda dual city area where they are mashed together with a population of around 300k. There are still people living on dirt roads but it's the Desert so it basically never rains. You can get basically anywhere you want without using the dirt roads though minus actually getting to some houses. It was really odd coming from the East Coast where the most 'dirt road' kind of thing might be someone's driveway or driving to a state park/forest. They also beat the poo poo out of my car.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So Freep should basically be exploding tonight during the State of the Union right?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kik2dagroin posted:

No they do, and boy is there ever a pure distillation of their hatred

Wow, 614 posts already and we're still 5 and a half hours away.

e: I'm dumb, I thought that was this year's and they got an early start.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 28, 2014

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep College Sexual Assault Thread: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3116691/posts

...I'm not sure I even want to read this. Let's see how much victim blaming we can find.

quote:

To: SAVEOURSOULS

And woe be to the person who says, “How was she dressed?” or “How much had she had to drink?”, or “Had she been openly flirting earlier?” You absolutely can’t mention those things. They are not an excuse for rape, but they are most certainly circumstances that lend themselves to being taken advantage of, and to deny they play a role is idiotic.

6 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:18:03 AM by jagusafr (the American Trinity (Liberty, In G0D We Trust, E Pluribus Unum))

Pretty sure this is referencing some news story that I vaguely remember.

quote:

To: jagusafr
to deny they play a role is idiotic

And then, a single woman can go backpacking by herself in India or volunteer in refugee camps for Moslems.
8 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:21:50 AM by Tax-chick (You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake.)

Guys, I totally turned this chick straight one time.

quote:

There was this one time that I was a victim of a sexual assault. We were so young then. We were roomies in the salad days of the Portland music scene. She was a little blonde minx with a little bob haircut. She was living her "gay" lifestyle and I just happened to be home and a little drunk the night she "strayed"

quite wonderful actually. I would have married that girl - it was the least I could have done . . .
14 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:25:47 AM by atc23 (The Confederacy was the single greatest conservative resistance to federal authority ever.)

quote:

To: jagusafr

“They are not an excuse”

Harking back to the Kobe Bryant case, it would appear that a woman going to a man’s hotel room, removing her clothing, getting into bed, and allowing the man to penetrate her does not imply consent.

15 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:28:01 AM by dsc (Any attempt to move a government to the left is a crime against humanity.)

:ironicat:

quote:

Ever notice that the wierdo we have for president seems to be obsessed with sex?

Obama has been more focused on sex, recreational sex, condoms, sex, birth control pills, sex, homosexualism, sex, lesbians, transexuals and rape than all previous presidents combined.

He definately has a few screws loose upstairs along with some unresolved issues about his own parentage.

If he was as interested in promoting job creation as he is in promoting sex the economy would be booming.

16 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:28:02 AM by Iron Munro ("Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." - Robert Louis Stevenson)

...so close.

quote:

In today’s hyper “ready to be offended” mode of the feminazis a butt slap or propositioning a girl is a SEXUAL ASSAULT. Because the girl felt “uncomfortable.”

19 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:32:49 AM by Lizavetta

quote:

To: Lizavetta
Because the girl felt “uncomfortable.”

Meaning the guy wasn't "popular" "cute" "fit" "had money" "of higher rank " "older" "mature" - etc etc etc
26 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:45:33 AM by atc23 (The Confederacy was the single greatest conservative resistance to federal authority ever.)

quote:

To: Oliviaforever

Now the latest mantra among the she-woman man-haters club is that “alcohol is the number one date rape drug.”

A girl and a guy spend time together, and both of them voluntarily get drunk. Gee, I wonder what will happen next? Any girl that willingly gets drunk with a guy should know what is going to happen in all likelihood. Guys were attracted to two types of girls; the kind you take home from the party, and the kind you take home to mom and dad. The good girls you would take home to mom and dad who I knew in college usually went to parties in groups together, and kept each other accountable in not drinking too much and keeping the dangerous guys at bay.

Not that this was ever an issue for me while I was in college. At the time I was using the most effective contraceptive ever created; my personality. It trumped the alcohol.

31 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:20:11 PM by henkster (Communists never negotiate.)

:suicide:

quote:

Our young girls are programmed about sex by the TV, movies, rock & roll music and even through sex education in schools and the one constant messages is that it is normal to have premarital sex.

When they do enter college some are all hot to trot to have sex with college men. These college men then begin to see little or no sexual boundaries and succumb to their urges.

When alcohol is introduced, lines are blurred and sometimes these college girls simply decide to “hook up” with the college men and have sex with no strings or responsibility attached all before getting married.

With lines blurred from alcohol and hormones, these women do things things that they may later regret and then place the responsibility for their actions on the men who these girls decided to get in bed.

Sometimes, the college men are falsely accused of sexual assault by these college girls who were at the time all willing to engage in the premarital sex.

20 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:33:57 AM by Oliviaforever

Jesus Christ.

quote:

To: jagusafr; Sherman Logan

Here’s my question. If the level of sexual assault claimed by Barry on campuses and in the military were accurate, how are women as qualified as men to be combat soldiers when they can’t even defend themselves against an unarmed colleague?

21 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:36:45 AM by colorado tanker

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sad Banana posted:

Any stuff on Pete Seeger dying? I'd look myself but I'm on a work computer. I'd imagine they'd be all over that.

Yeah, this about sums it up:

quote:

To: Mercat

Good. The old commie.

2 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:59:53 AM by Paine in the Neck (Socialism consumes everything)

...wait it gets worse.

quote:

To: Mercat

I have had a lifelong pit-of-my-stomach hatred of this clown, including his stupid commie face, his stupid commie voice and his stupid commie stardom. That he was enriched by a central tenet of the society he hoped would fall and be trampled on disgusts me. There’s a gasbag gang of his acolytes that has taken over our State Capital building - who every day invade and sing these gasbag songs over and over and over, it’s Pete Seeeeeeg-er, click!, Pete Seeeeeg-er, click!, Pete Seeeeeeg-er!, click! Sung in in a taunting, pompously sonorous tone by his little commie friends - on and on and on. If I worked there I’d be daydreaming of sending a detachment of Praetorian guards with very sharp swords to collect a few heads. Puke!

36 posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:44:39 AM by februus

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 28, 2014

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

quote:

To: gooblah

Yeah—everyone gets a $10 raise, that will make them feel better. Except when the cost of everything goes up $11.

Have these idiots ever taken an economics course?

7 posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:27:33 AM by Vermont Lt (If you want to keep your dignity, you can keep it. Period........ Just kidding, you can't keep it.)

This is the best comment. It's just so...I can't even put it into words.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quiggy stardust posted:

One of my friends was making this argument last night, the gist being that if everybody is making at least $10 then the price of everything will increase to compensate and so the actual value of the money will not change (ie $10 now buys what $7 used to). My gut tells me that's not true since it's only the bottom portion of earners who will see a change and everyone else will remain constant but I'm not well-enough versed in economics to intelligently argue the point.

Basically you have to take into account how much labor costs for things and how much materials cost. I forget where I saw it but something like a $10 min wage raises the price of McDonalds like 17% or something to account for increased labor costs throughout the logistics + store labor.

Found a similar article.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/07/price-of-big-mac-could-rise-by-68-cents-if-minimum-wage-doubles/

Basically the inventory/materials costs of min-wage jobs out weight the labor costs.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

quiggy stardust posted:

So in other words if I'm understanding this right the labor costs go up proportionally to the minimum wage but the materials cost doesn't change, meaning the price of a burger would go up some but not as much as minimum wage. That makes sense to me, thanks :)

Basically, yes. Material costs will go up wherever there is min-wage labor attached to it, but not proportionally. Paying a farm worker 30% more an hour doesn't make a combine cost 30% more.

You also get the fun side affect that these people, living pay-check to pay-check now will tend to spend more on the services that they are employed in. Basically if a stocker at walmart makes $10 or $15 an hour instead of $7.25 you will tend to have more money to spend each week/month because your rent should stay roughly the same. This gives them (and everyone else at min-wage) more disposable income to spend on cheeseburgers and walmart poo poo. So profits might actually go up.

You can also bring up how fast food places are basically subsidized by the government because a portion of their employees are actually on welfare.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-13/how-mcdonald-s-and-wal-mart-became-welfare-queens.html

quote:

According to one study, American fast food workers receive more than $7 billion dollars in public assistance. As it turns out, McDonald's has a “McResource” line that helps employees and their families enroll in various state and local assistance programs.

They have a loving staffed phone-line to help sign up their employees for public assistance.

quote:

According to Florida Congressman Alan Grayson, in many states, Wal-Mart employees are the largest group of Medicaid recipients. They are also the single biggest group of food stamp recipients. Wal-mart’s "associates" are paid so little, according to Grayson, that they receive $1,000 on average in public assistance.

Walmart is worse.

Basically the more money you give to the lower class the more economic activity is generated because they don't have the ability to hoard money like the upper class.

But..."MY BIG MAC COSTS MORE!!!"

Bring this poo poo up next time to talk to your friend.

e: Also ask him if there are Walmarts/McDondals in Washington state. (hint, there are and their min wage is $9.32) If it was so detrimental to business the great job creators would have pulled out of there by now and it would be a wasteland of failed businesses.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 29, 2014

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Radish posted:

You'd think these guys would be more pissed that companies were abusing welfare systems by underpaying their employees and passing that cost onto the taxpayer. Of course the reality is they think that the employees are the parasites and should somehow get better jobs ignoring the fact that if that was even possible McDonalds would just hire more people and keep the scam going.

There's a Freep thread for that!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3108852/posts

If you can't guess the basic theme is 'go work somewhere else' or 'who cares, they'd do the same without benefits, I say take them away' or 'well yeah, that's the point of a company' and a lot of 'back in my day'.

quote:

To: steelhead_trout
The purpose of business is to make a profit. Not provide a living wage.

/johnny
6 posted on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:00:16 AM by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)

quote:

we are better off with Walmart than without!

22 posted on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:05:39 AM by Kansas58

quote:

Whoever accused you of being a conservative was lying their rear end off!!!!

Go join your occupy wall street commune and leave FR to conservatives….

42 posted on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:12:41 AM by C. Edmund Wright (Tokyo Rove is more than a name, it's a GREAT WEBSITE)

Yeah, Freep never attacks specific people.

quote:

There is something VERY disturbing about the Democrat pattern of attacking specific citizens, specific companies, and specific classes of people. It is evil and unAmerican.

145 posted on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:53:46 AM by PghBaldy (12/14 - 930am -rampage begins... 12/15 - 1030am - Obama's advance team scouts photo-op locations.)

what?

quote:

To: redgolum

The minimum wage is not a wage. It’s a regulation. Companies are not obligated to pay it.

193 posted on Monday, January 06, 2014 8:23:29 AM by AppyPappy (Obama: What did I not know and when did I not know it?)

Most of the rest is people just dog piling this guy for posting and hoping he gets banned.

He also got banned.

quote:

To: steelhead_trout; Lazamataz; humblegunner; darkwing104; 50mm; Arrowhead1952; LUV W; Eaker; ...
So long, steelhead_trout (Posting History)
Hat Tip to Lazamataz
Good little Occupotty commie gets cheeky about WallyWorld and falls on a live wire
Crispy crunchiness ensues and Viking Kitties dine on baked-troll kibble

You certainly came to the wrong place this time, Mr. Loser

FReepmail TheOldLady to get ON or OFF the ZOT LIGHTNING ping list.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Vote now & make ESPN liberals SQUAWK! Vote for Erika Brown to hold the US flag at Sochi (vanity)

quote:

To: Kolath
Why do we want to vote for her? Is she anti-homo?

2 posted on 1/29/2014 5:49:35 PM by rhinohunter (Freepers aren't booing -- they're shouting "Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz")

I wonder if they know that she lives in Canada.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I really have no idea it seems random, I'll chalk it up to drunk freeping.

e:
Here's What Happened When Neanderthals And Ancient Humans Hooked Up 80,000 Years Ago

quote:

To: blam
If Moochelle skips a few shaves you’ll see a strong resemblance.

38 posted on 1/29/2014 5:10:58 PM by VerySadAmerican (".....Barrack, and the horse Mohammed rode in on.")

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 30, 2014

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bait and Swatch posted:

You should see what happens when it snows down here in southern arizona. People never expect a few inches of snow or ice in the desert.

poo poo, I was in the Western edge of the Mojave Desert when we got almost a foot of snow, everything shut down for 2 days until they could bring plows down from the hills. The road to LA was shut down and the entire town was full of 18 wheelers stranded. No one was prepared at all and some guy was trying to ride his loving motorcycle home in 5 inches of snow. He dropped it at least 3 times before we had a chance to pass him on the way home from work. Granted it was a once every 20+ year storm but still.

People are dumb.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VideoTapir posted:

You don't end up living in the Mohave Desert because you're smart.

(I lived there for three years)

Thing is you do have to be. When you're building war machines :suicide:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is someone Poop-touching?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3117501/posts

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, they really hate this whole Coke thing.

quote:

To: SoConPubbie

“diversity” = perversity

4 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 9:38:38 AM by fwdude ( You cannot compromise with that which you must defeat.)

Uh, I think they do?

quote:

To: Da Coyote

Rush Limbaugh,” Hey Coke, if you believe it why not label your bottles in multiple languages.”

7 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 9:40:24 AM by Para-Ord.45 ( Americans, happy in tutelage by the reflection that they have chosen their own dictators.)

quote:

If I boycotted every product or service that offended me; I’d be living off the grid in a tent in the middle of nowhere.

Not to say that normal people shouldn’t speak out when stupidity is on full display. But this was the Stupid Bowl show and idiot commercials are the main attraction. Followed by a half time show that is puke-inducing.

Oh. And I head there was something similar to a football game that was going on too. I think.

9 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 9:43:35 AM by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)

quote:

To: Responsibility2nd

I have no problem whatsoever with Coca Cola marketing itself to Hispanics in Spanish. But the Super Bowl seemed like an odd place to do it, for the reasons stated above. Even the NFL markets itself to Hispanics, but it manages to do so without ticking off its English-speaking base.

13 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 9:47:43 AM by 1rudeboy

quote:

To: EQAndyBuzz

I gave up coke due to the sugar content...and the sugar free makes me ill...so im losing nothing but RESPECT for them.

19 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 9:53:59 AM by MeshugeMikey ("When you meet the unbelievers, strike at their necks..." -- Qur'an 47:4)

quote:

To: EQAndyBuzz

I dislike all soda but my husband is a Coke fan who will now switch to Pepsi. He was infuriated by the commercial.

20 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 9:54:02 AM by surrey

quote:

To: Heavyrunner

“... liberal blogs had already set phasers to “Racist.”...”

The thing is they aren’t even smart enough to realize the backlash to this ad is NOT “racist”...

No one cares what “color” or “race” the singers were...only that a sone honoring America and living in America should be sung in English, the native language, and NOT the language of another country....

I don’t think anyone saw anything at all wrong with the older Coke commercial with the song, “I’d like to teach the world to sing” which was done by many nationalities....(color or race)....

22 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 9:55:01 AM by Boonie

quote:

E Pluribus Unum

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

25 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 9:56:01 AM by muffaletaman (IMNSHO - I MIGHT be wrong, but I doubt it.)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, I don't think many of them actually read this article...It's about "dedicated short-range communications" for cars. Not that they actually talk to you.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3118826/posts

quote:

To: C19fan

Well, I hope it aint’ that SIRI (I hate that beatch - she can’t understand a drat thing)

3 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 10:51:01 AM by Gaffer

quote:

To: C19fan

What would the cars say to eachother?

“I got to this stop sign first, bozo!”

“Back off, Jack. You’re riding my bumper.”

10 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 10:55:24 AM by rightwingintelligentsia (Democrats: The perfect party for the helpless and stupid, and those who would rule over them.)

quote:

To: ImJustAnotherOkie; C19fan

OK, the government wants cars to talk to each other to prevent accidents...yest now we have cellphone freaks talking to people and not watching where they are going, so if the cars start talking to each other, just where does that leave those of us who aren’t screwing up while driving?

I’ve been driving for a long time, and it’s no longer defensive driving, it’s pretty much like bumper cars or almost. Driving is the most stressful thing I do anymore. JUST ADDING MORE CHAOS...sheesh!

12 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 10:57:25 AM by Kackikat

quote:

To: gaijin

So that insurance companies will have forensic evidence for your crash. So that big brother can tax you for where you drive. So that they can keep an eye on your movements. Thanks anyway; time to restore my old car and pickup so that they last another 20 years.

15 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 10:59:03 AM by toolman1401

quote:

To: Gaffer

Maybe the old OnStar voice of Mary McDonnell Lewis (I think name is right..) who was lady jaye on the 80s GI Joe cartoon could get the voice gig.

I could sort of live with William Daniels, the voice of the old Knight Rider.

28 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 11:05:49 AM by wally_bert (There are no winners in a game of losers. I'm Tommy Joyce, welcome to the Oriental Lounge.)

quote:

To: 1rudeboy

During the early 1980s some car companies started doing this and people hated it. It was like having an endless nag in your car. Warning lights and sounds people seem to tolerate but not a voice. This so called innovation was dropped fairly quickly until now I suppose.

29 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 11:06:55 AM by xp38

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think JimRob is hitting the bottle again.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3118845/posts

quote:

FR is pro-God, pro-Life, pro-family, pro-constitution, pro-limited government. Period!!
February 3, 2014 | Jim Robinson

Posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 11:43:22 AM by Jim Robinson

FR is pro-God, pro-Life, pro-family, pro-constitution, pro-limited government and will remain that way. Regardless of any consequences!!

You're either with us on this or against us.

Moderation is not the solution, it is the problem!!

We do not surrender, we do not retreat, we do not negotiate or compromise on our unalienable rights to Life and Liberty or our sovereignty!!

Karl Rove and the GOP-e moderates and all like them can KMA!!

You cannot moderate evil, you fight it!!

quote:

Have to post this reminder from time-to-time. Had to ban another long-term FReeper today who suddenly decides we should moderate our position on Life.

No thanks.
1 posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 11:43:22 AM by Jim Robinson

e: Pretty sure it was from this:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3118821/posts

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 3, 2014

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently Freep Loves their cigs and tobacco is some kind of god given right enshrined in the constitution.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3119435/posts

quote:

I find these sorts of erosions of freedoms disgusting.

This is about government control; nothing less. If the government truly was interested in the public health, suppressors would be mandatory for all shooters.

Once there are no smokers to eradicate, look for the government (followed by business) to go after caffeine.

And on. And on.
1 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:01:07 AM by Red in Blue PA

quote:

To: FlingWingFlyer

Forgot to ad in my OP, this is about business pandering to government initiatives. The CEO should be canned for this, as should any CEO who does this sort o thing.

Coca-Cola got on the obesity wagon with the govt and check their stock out for the past few years. This is a stock killer and CVS shareholders ought to take note!

5 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:07:49 AM by Red in Blue PA (When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty.-Thomas Jefferson)

quote:

To: Red in Blue PA

Okay. I’ll buy that.

With any luck, CVS stock will follow the Coca-Cola route, CVS will see the error of their ways, and they will reverse the decision.

11 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:12:18 AM by WayneS (Respect the 2nd Amendment; Repeal the 16th (and 17th))

Yup, that's it, eventually CVS will single ban everything.

quote:

To: caver

How many people die from the side effects of prescription drugs every year?

What about banning sugars? After all, a few people may become diabetic because they cannot control themselves.

An caffeine is not the healthiest product out there. Gotta stop that.

What about makeup for women? It is claimed that some cause cancer.

By the time we are done saving the world, CVS will have a total of 8 SKU’s.

What a pathetic excuse for a CEO.

16 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:17:34 AM by Red in Blue PA (When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty.-Thomas Jefferson)

quote:

I will never spend another dime there!

24 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:25:34 AM by BigCinBigD (...Was that okay?)

quote:

To: tanknetter

19% of the population smokes. CVS is saying to 19% of the population that they don’t want their business. (and this does not include the business they will lose from people like me who are non-smokers but are pi&&ed t these types of moves)

If you think that is a good move in any way, then I have a bridge to sell you.

26 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:27:06 AM by Red in Blue PA (When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty.-Thomas Jefferson)

Ahh. The real reason behind it.

quote:

I know they had a recent CEO change and I think a woman is at the helm now.

40 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:53:30 AM by PistolPaknMama

quote:

I find these sorts of erosions of freedoms disgusting. This is about government control; nothing less.

I agree it's ridiculous. I think CVS here is trying to get PC publicity.

Hey, they sell narcotics at CVS. What's the problem with tobacco?
50 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 6:05:02 AM by Pearls Before Swine

quote:

To: DoodleDawg
[b]And for every person like you there's probably 10 who are saying this morning, "Great for CVS. I'm going to start shopping there."[./b]

And they make their purchases with food stamps as they proclaim their love for big government.
It's still marginally a free market economy and if CVS chooses to alienate a portion of their prospective patrons by going PC all power to them.
It matters not a wit to me.
57 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 6:36:18 AM by Amagi (Lenin: "Socialized Medicine is the Keystone to the Arch of the Socialist State.")

quote:

10 years from now, CVS will no longer exist. The brand just committed suicide.

64 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 6:54:02 AM by NorthMountain

They hate the free market if it goes against their idea of what the world should be. I have to assume that Red in Blue PA smokes like 3 packs a day and lives next to a CVS or something. He's so loving pissed.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
George Zimmerman to fight rapper DMX in celebrity boxing bout

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3119562/posts

This should be good.

quote:

To: servo1969

George should break a boxing rule of his own and carry his replacement PF-9 into the ring.

5 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:13:40 AM by digger48

quote:

I’d put money on him dropping DMX fairly early in the bout.

Then DMX’s posse dropping him in the parking lot. With 9mm hollowpoints.

Given his behavior since he was, properly acquitted, I’m not sure that would be a bad thing.

7 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:14:35 AM by tanknetter

quote:

I’ll put my money on Zimmerman......then double down that the crowd will kill him after the fight.

14 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:17:50 AM by Hot Tabasco (I think I've lost my mojo.....)

quote:

This really causes me to worry about George as that DMX man may try to hurt him in that boxing match almost as if he were playing that Knockout Game.

I sure hope George is ready to fend off such a violent attack and while I understand that George will not be armed during this boxing match, he will really need to stand his ground against that DMX.

quote:

So, basically Zimmerman is insane.

He needs a CAT scan. He seemed like a real decent guy before he had his head slammed on the ground a few times by Trayvon. Now he's acting like a loon, in the news all the time. How come no one wonders if he took any damage?
20 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:20:07 AM by Pearls Before Swine

quote:

Didn’t he already prove he could take an rear end whipping by a thug?

Just stop, George.

22 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:20:35 AM by Tenacious 1 (My whimsical litany of satyric prose and avarice pontification of wisdom demonstrates my concinnity.)

quote:

Black men fighting again. Big news....zzzz

27 posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 10:23:47 AM by <1/1,000,000th%

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This entire thread

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3119554/posts

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RagnarokAngel posted:

There's a few anti-creationists in there. Wonder how quickly before they get banned.

quote:

To: EveningStar
Nye is coming across as a bit of a jerk. Very condescending in his presentation. He keeps referring to this as “Ken Ham’s” creation.

59 posted on 2/5/2014 11:39:06 AM by ealgeone (obama, border)

I wish they got dick drokins so he could go off on rna.

e: This is hilarious http://www.threeimpacts-twoevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/COMET-IMPACT-ANALYSIS-AND-EFFECTS-20Aug2013.pdf

Was posted in that thread.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 6, 2014

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
E: ^^ welp that's what I get for posting while making dinner.

Sweeney Tom posted:

Google's logo right now is rainbow athletes with a quote below the search bar talking about how nobody should be discriminated against, especially in sports. It's in support of LGBT Olympians in Sochi. Where are the Freeper tears :getin:

Not many seem to be jumping at it.

GOOGLE CELEBRATES GAY RIGHTS WITH RAINBOW DOODLE FOR SOCHI GAMES

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3120122/posts

(Article from breitbart.com)

quote:

Yet another reason to use: https://www.duckduckgo.com
1 posted on 2/6/2014 4:41:21 PM by bkopto

quote:

To: bkopto
I heard once that Google is loaded with homosexuals.

2 posted on 2/6/2014 4:42:36 PM by FlingWingFlyer (ObamaCare. The "global warming" of healthcare plans.)

Men wresting, so not gay.

quote:

Because when you think of the Olympics, you know, you think of men having sex, right?

Its just mental how queers think they must have their moment in everything.

5 posted on 2/6/2014 4:48:13 PM by PGR88

Anal sex, on my mind, all the time.

quote:

I’ll ask the $64,000 question: What pray tell is there to celebrate about anyone’s great, great grandson getting retarded in the anal, preschool stage of human development and then insisting that the immediate world applaud him for that very fact, rather than getting the lad the sorely needed psychotherapy and fatherly love for which he is searching? The whole bogus, forced gaity that is at the core of every homosexual celebration, speaks volumes.

8 posted on 2/6/2014 5:09:03 PM by Seeing More Clearly Now

This guy just had an aneurysm I think.

quote:

Google’s politics and cultural stances are GARBAGE!!!! But I’m stuck with Google because I need traffic and publicity for my business website and blog! That’s what comes from having a monopoly!!!!

In the Sochi Olympics, all—including “gays”—are free to participate without discrimination. Problems will occur, however, if anyone tries to turn the Opening Ceremony or any other part of the games into a “gay pride” event, with banners or other types of demonstrations.

The Olympics (or for that matter, St. Patrick’s Day parades) are NOT about “gay pride”!!!! Turning them into “gay pride” events amounts to hijacking them for untoward purposes.

I hope that anyone attempting to disrupt the Sochi Olympics with “gay pride” demonstrations ends up in a Russian jail for the duration of the Games! Then they can be deported as the hooligans and undesirables they are!!!!

Once again, Google blows a raspberry in the face of all Orthodox Christians, including yours truly! Does Google realize that Soros and his minions, as well as obama and the EU use the “human rights requirement” of allowing “gay pride” parades and other types of “gay” propaganda against Orthodox Christian countries, especially Russia and Serbia?

This is part of a nefarious campaign to DESTROY Orthodox Christian Churches and countries—spiritually, morally, and even biologically!!!! Perhaps that’s what Google’s management wants—to turn Russia and Serbia into countries completely devoid of Christian faith, practice, and worship, with minuscule birthrates, and full of immorality and decadence. Then the declining populations of these countries can be replaced with hordes of muslims, ready to slaughter any “infidels” who survive the moral and spiritual plague!

Stand strong, Russia!!!! Stand strong, Serbia!!!! Stand strong, Christian America!!!!

9 posted on 2/6/2014 5:09:34 PM by Honorary Serb (Kosovo is Serbia! Free Srpska! Abolish ICTY!)

Olympics, gay from the get-go.

quote:

I'm as wary about homosexual propaganda as a conservative can get. And Google is especially suspect. But isn't is possible that Breibart is reaching here to find imagery where none is intended? After all, the Olympic symbol is 5 interlocking multi-colored rings. Couldn't their logo just be reflecting this feature without any subliminal message intended?
Just offering this benefit of a doubt. If I'm wrong, show me more evidence.

15 posted on 2/6/2014 6:01:34 PM by fwdude ( You cannot compromise with that which you must defeat.)

Take back the rainbow.

quote:

I thought they were celebrating the rainbow God used after the flood as a promise that he would never wipe us out with the flood again.

In fact, I will be interpreting it that way. In fact, I’ve decided to interpret all rainbow symbols that way.

17 posted on 2/6/2014 6:18:55 PM by cuban leaf

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Did anyone see anything posted on freep about the affluenza murderer not being given any jail time because he was too spoiled to know right from wrong? Would be an interesting contrast.

Nah, they loving hate millennials, unless they are their own kids/grandkids then they are working hard to pay for their own college and bootstrapping.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vahakyla posted:

The Attorney General decided to recognize same sex marriage in rest of the 34 states where it is illegal. This should be good.

It's glorious..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3120823/posts

Nope, Eric Holder said that they are banned from marrying, sorry.

quote:

To: little jeremiah
Will Christians enjoy this same protection?

2 posted on 2/8/2014 2:11:34 PM by Arm_Bears (Shoot cops that shoot dogs.)

quote:

To: Arm_Bears
Will Christians enjoy this same protection?

Will Tea Party or white skinned people get any protection.

7 posted on 2/8/2014 2:19:20 PM by mountainlion

quote:

We’re supposed to enjoy freedom of religion. Right now we do not as it has been severely curtailed.

Umm have you ever read the Bill of Rights?

What, are you another “Let the homos/bestiality lovers/pedophiles and incesters have free rein” crowd?

3 posted on 2/8/2014 2:13:37 PM by little jeremiah (Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point. CSLewis)

quote:

I do not have a pro homosexual agenda. I don’t have an agenda.

How do we get this back into the tube? Seriously, with so many people accepting, how are you going to turn it back? I voted it down in my state but that didn’t work.

8 posted on 2/8/2014 2:20:35 PM by Yaelle

quote:

To: Yaelle
I do not have a pro homosexual agenda. I don’t have an agenda.
I've seen many of your comments over the years. Don't lie to me.

9 posted on 2/8/2014 2:22:53 PM by little jeremiah (Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point. CSLewis)

What...

quote:

The commie lib freaks sure seem to be rushing a lot of this kind of crap through. The freaks seem to think that all the voter fraud in the world isn’t going to help their goat smelling arses in November. They seem to know that normal, decent people have had enough of their childish and sophomoric antics.

12 posted on 2/8/2014 2:33:33 PM by FlingWingFlyer (ObamaCare. The "global warming" of healthcare plans.)

quote:

Yes, and in spite of a shortage of healthy White babies available for adoption, homosexual couples adopt those babies while legitimate heterosexual couples wait. It is simply state-sanctioned child-abuse.

13 posted on 2/8/2014 2:48:01 PM by Monterrosa-24 ( ...even more American than a French bikini and a Russian AK-47.)

quote:

An America that regards two homo pervs as the same equivalent as a husband-and-wife is an America that has embraced evil, and an America that can go down in flames for all I care.

17 posted on 2/8/2014 3:06:48 PM by greene66

Yeah, that's the ticket, go ahead and push that.

quote:

To: Monterrosa-24
“Yes, and in spite of a shortage of healthy White babies available for adoption, homosexual couples adopt those babies while legitimate heterosexual couples wait.”

The adoption of white healthy babies by gay couples may be the way to turn even more people against gay marriage.

For example, did you ever notice that when the gays are making an argument for gay marriage they always mention hospital visits, taxes and estates, but never mention the type of adoption you describe.

If the public were to realize that the underline goal of the gays was to adopt such babies, they would all be against it.

24 posted on 2/8/2014 3:27:11 PM by Oliviaforever

quote:

“When laws cease to be Just, they cease to be Law.”

Justice is a Virtue and Just Law always promotes Virtue.

With the Vice of sodomy being FORCED by unjust Laws-—we cease to be Free —we cease to have Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Thought.

Our children will be forced to “think” evil is good and true Christianity is bigoted and evil.

I repeat-—we CAN”T be under the Supreme Law of the Land-—when our whole concept of JUSTICE is flipped upside Down.

We will cease to be a Nation under God....it will be under Satan-—and the Marxists know this—to destroy us from within....and all freedom.

28 posted on 2/8/2014 3:37:49 PM by savagesusie (Right Reason According to Nature = Just Law)

I think this guy is trying to get banned or something.

quote:

So you’re not on board with the homo agenda but children are born “gay” and can be whatever “gender” suits them, and homo marriage is a done deal and we can’t turn back the clock [to the dark ages apparently].

1. Not on board with homo agenda.

2. A very small child should be allowed to play with the toys he or she wants to. I don’t know why children choose different play things or enjoy dressing up as whomever. No one knows whether it means something later or not. Kids are not gay or straight, they are just kids. I support them as they are.

3. Please tell me how to make gay marriage at this point illegal throughout the USA and how to make it, instead of a “change whose time has come” in most Americans’ minds, absolutely unthinkable as a phenomenon as it was in, say, 1960.

31 posted on 2/8/2014 3:46:42 PM by Yaelle

quote:

The time to have started this fight was the late 60s, when no fault divorce started becoming the law in state after state. Gradually the shame of being divorced was eroded, and subsequent remarriages were no longer viewed as adulterous. If we hadn’t let marriage become so debased they would never have wanted it.

32 posted on 2/8/2014 3:47:16 PM by Burkean (.)

quote:

Doesn't make it right. The fact is that God has the last Word, and He's already shown how He feels about it.
Make no mistake, He'll bring down this puny country and give it to our enemies, if necessary.

38 posted on 2/8/2014 5:02:32 PM by LouAvul (In a state of disbelief as to how liberals destroyed America in a mere 40 years.)

quote:

The godless super-state emanating out of the DC region promotes gaydom and denigrates faith at every opportunity.

Dems want all the gay dollars they get. This campaign money is what propels these gay initiatives Plus if you go to DC and see the number of gays working in Congress (staffers) and the Executive (as staffers) you would be shocked. The DC Gov is as gay as the NY Times...the people who work there

33 posted on 2/8/2014 3:52:36 PM by dennisw (The first principle is to find out who you are then you can achieve anything -- Buddhist monk)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep hate when the Obamas do anything resembling 'nice' apparently or related to food.

Sacrebleu! At 2,500 calories, state dinner menu is triple Michelle’s ‘healthy’ lunch

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3121989/posts

quote:

To: Sub-Driver
The fat azz didn’t explode on tofu.

5 posted on 2/12/2014 3:59:57 AM by VRWC For Truth (Roberts has perverted the Constitution)

quote:

To: VRWC For Truth
Her azz already outweighs Barry.

13 posted on 2/12/2014 4:47:11 AM by jospehm20

quote:

Wasn’t this state dinner done in a tent? So Khadafi-ish!

9 posted on 2/12/2014 4:12:24 AM by Bushbacker1 (Molon Labe! (Oathkeeper))

There we go. This is probably the most open racism I've seen in a while.

quote:

I hope their stomachs burst and gallbladders explode! Good riddance to these negroid carpetbaggers!

11 posted on 2/12/2014 4:42:54 AM by Doc Savage ("I've shot people I like a lot more,...for a lot less!" Raylan Givins)

quote:

Oink.

15 posted on 2/12/2014 4:55:44 AM by W. (New message for Obamacrats: STFU & GTFO!)

I'm not really sure what he's getting at here, other than potatoes = cheap people food.

quote:

This Administration is potato obsessed. First, Lurch gives the Russians a couple of large spuds as a state gift, now the First Grifters are serving the French a dozen different kind of taters.
LOL

What a bunch of low class clowns.

I think they are saving a big bunch of Tater Tots to fry up if the Israelies cowtow to Lurch's peace plan.

19 posted on 2/12/2014 5:19:30 AM by Lawgvr1955 ( Sic Semper Tyrannis)

quote:

No pictures of the Mooch shoveling into her mouth like usual? Did they outlaw cameras again? Trailer trash would be offended if I called her that.

20 posted on 2/12/2014 5:23:25 AM by freeangel ( (free speech is only good until someone else doesn't like it)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ColdSnickersBar posted:

Am I just reading him wrong, or is that guy actually angry with the idea that there aren't enough orphans to keep orphanages open? He says it like there's a sad orphanage operator out there just praying to Jesus that maybe a few more kids will become orphans so he doesn't have to close up shop. He hates gays so much that it's just a given to him that it would be better to have open "orphanages", than to have the kids adopted by gay parents.

Also, the US no longer has orphanages at all. That's just not part of our system anymore.

Nah, they are just laying the babies in the street to die rather than send them to gay parents.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep Misogyny to the rescue!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3122696/posts

For the First Time, Women Are More Educated Than Their Husbands

quote:

To: nickcarraway
Let’s see the 3 disciplines of the degrees and the averages...and the jobs they have.

5 posted on 2/13/2014 3:10:24 PM by Sacajaweau

quote:

OK subtract all the “WomynZ studies” and like degrees and re-total. Because there is nothing ‘educated’ about having one of those.

6 posted on 2/13/2014 3:13:30 PM by Norm Lenhart

quote:

That explains what’s happening in the country.

9 posted on 2/13/2014 3:25:04 PM by nightlight7

quote:

To: WorkingClassFilth
Maybe bachelor degrees don’t mean that much (depends on the major) but both med and law schools have more women. Women are making more money on the job, too.

Men are getting lazy after centuries of domination — the patriarchy and all that. If men would just get off the couch, they have huge advantages over women in physical size and testosterone (aggressiveness) and native math ability.

Instead of working hard, men are poppin’ Buds and watching five football games a day. They deserve their fate.

16 posted on 2/13/2014 3:37:02 PM by heye2monn

quote:

How many of these degrees are in elementary education, hospitality management, sociology, gender studies, and english?

Many a college degree is nothing more than proof of living another 4 or 5 years on Daddy’s dime. While both sexes do it, they didn’t come up with the MRS degree for nothing.

23 posted on 2/13/2014 4:06:35 PM by centurion316

quote:

To: centurion316
“How many of these degrees are in elementary education, hospitality management, sociology, gender studies, and english?”

This is the first question that should be answered; a lot of people getting degrees are getting trophy degrees. Hospitality management can be used to start a small hotel or restaurant, but strangely these women don’t have an interest in making their own way. I wonder if the hospitality management degree is used to run the house once they get it from their husbands in the divorce settlement.

“Many a college degree is nothing more than proof of living another 4 or 5 years on Daddy’s dime.”

True; then they seek to go live off of their husband’s dime.

“While both sexes do it, they didn’t come up with the MRS degree for nothing.”

*snicker* Much like Betty Broderick: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Broderick

25 posted on 2/13/2014 4:14:50 PM by CorporateStepsister (I am NOT going to force a man to make my dreams come true)

quote:

So, riddle me this: Which has the better chance of getting a real job with continuing income (outside of some university) — 1) A female PhD in Women’s Studies or 2) a male who is a certified Master Plumber? Who will have the better income prospectus over the long haul? [Hint: it isn’t the PhD in Women’s Studies.]

28 posted on 2/13/2014 4:59:28 PM by MasterGunner01

quote:

Hold on tight for further updates in another 10 years or so!

Wishful thinking, which ignores the fact that most of these very highly educated womyn don't breed!

But wait, what the hell am I talking about, genetics? I'll have to go back and read Darwin, since there must be some kind of special dispensation or exception when it comes to evoltionary processes that might otherwise trample on the hopes of liberals.
29 posted on 2/13/2014 5:05:26 PM by zencycler

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
After all this I wonder what Freep thinks of common law marriage recognized under full faith and credit.

I'm sure the answer is 'sluts/floozies...etc'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Goddamn, I should have driven down there with a camera. It's only like an hour and half from where I'm living now.

• Locked thread