Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
As a warning his longer pieces are pretty different from his shorter stuff. I really liked just about all of his essays/short stories but by the time I got around to the Pale King I was kind of over his novels (although in fairness to him I guess that wasn't really finish, and I think he's still one of the best writers of his generation).

Anyway, I'm in for 104 books, including essay collections as one book and every 200 pages of academic articles as one as well.

At the moment I'm reading:

1) The Red and the Black by Stendhal.

The 'first' psychological novel, I'm beginning to suspect it's more important for what it did for literature in general than, you know, any inherent quality, but it's interesting at least.

2) Queering Anarchism by a bunch of people with badass names like "Jane Volcano".

Really cool. I know nothing about anarchism, so seeing it through the lens of queer theory which I know a good bit about is a great way to get into it.

3) Perdido Street Station by China Mieville

My goony selection for this week. Really cool sci-fi, he really has created an amazing world.

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/27355637-david-ryan

foutre fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jan 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread