Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Actually, totally flipping the double bird would be the best thing. Treat it kind of like a cross between the Hush missions in City, the idea of the Joker Gang from Beyond, and the little girl clayface episode of B:TAS.

There's a side mission where you encounter a small contingent of Joker thugs, like you would see random Penguin and Two-Face thugs in City. Except they aren't working for Harley. A cult of sorts has sprung up in the wake of the Joker's death, where he was seen as the true king of Gotham - Batman's greatest foe, and a giant middle finger to death itself.

You follow leads and investigate specific crimes that seem to point to a return of the Joker. Maybe a couple of eyewitness sightings, but from goons that are strung out on fear gas.

People start going nuts. Everyone knows that the Joker is dead. Twenty cops, plus the Commissioner himself saw Batman carry Joker's broken lifeless body out of the walled off city last year. But he's come back before, hasn't he? Every other time he's come back from certain death. Shady figures that look like Joker pop out of the shadows causing mayhem all over the city, and the trademark laugh seems to follow Batman wherever he goes.

Following leads brings you to some appropriately themed deathtrap where you are taunted (one last time?) by the Joker. Do the voice (Have Hamill record one last set of lines) and have the Joker watch as Batman has to escape.

The trap is a fake, the taunting is a recording, the Joker that watches Batman is some kind of anamatronic puppet. It's his last joke, a deathtrap that doesn't kill. One last laugh.

This feels pretty brilliant and slightly sad at the same time. It wouldn't have to take over the entire game, just a small mission of it. Kind of a really nice send-off for Hamill as well (even better than AC) if his character can get the last laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You know, I'm gonna be really dissapointed if Jason doesn't shows on this game. The story sounds perfect for having the Red Hood loving poo poo up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's a decent chance Arkham Knight is Hush, considering he was a big part of the tease for the trailer announcement, and Tommy co-opting Bruce's other identity would fit the character's gimmick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arkham Knight is apparently a new character.

I guess they could mean just the identity is new though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's what we all figure. Ronin was a 'new' character in the original run of New Avengers, until they unmasked her. Plus Arkham Knight is created by Johns, who is known for being forward looking, ignoring the past and creating original concepts.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

It'll be Jokers kid super-aged because comics :getin:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It will be Owlman

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I say is gonna be Jason Todd :v:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Azrael showed up near the end of Arkham City, so I wonder if they will use him at all

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bobkatt013 posted:

It will be Owlman

They'll save that for Crisis on Two Arkhams

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Opopanax posted:

They'll save that for Crisis on Two Arkhams

Its Johns so I assume its someone from a comic that happened in the silver age.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I get the feeling it's going to be Thomas Wayne Jr or something like that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If it's Dr.Hurt I'll buy like 5 copies

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Opopanax posted:

If it's Dr.Hurt I'll buy like 5 copies

If they're cribbing from Morrison, it'll be the Oberon Sexton gimmick.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Geoff Johns created Arkham Knight so who would be the most Geoff Johns person?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Geoff Johns created Arkham Knight so who would be the most Geoff Johns person?

Hal Jordan.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So is Arkham Knight going to stab someone from behind, or get stabbed from behind?

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Opopanax posted:

So is Arkham Knight going to stab someone from behind, or get stabbed from behind?

He's going to rip off a-lot of arms.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
My money's on Azrael, although the copout of Joker is of course always a looming threat. I'd also say there's also an extreeeemely slim chance it'll be Ra's al Ghul again since everyone knows he's not dead after AC, but Ra's isn't the type of guy to keep his identity hidden.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Anyone guess the BTAS Phantasm yet? Seems like a Johnsian move.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

Jagermonster posted:

Anyone guess the BTAS Phantasm yet? Seems like a Johnsian move.

This might just sell me a PS4.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The big bad, and the Arkham Knight, is actually Batman himself. Thanks to Scarecrow's mind-altering toxins, Batman thinks he's taking down thugs and goons in the streets of an otherwise-evacuated Gotham but what he's actually doing is causing compound fractures and permanent debilitating injuries to innocent civilians.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

The Midniter posted:

The big bad, and the Arkham Knight, is actually Batman himself. Thanks to Scarecrow's mind-altering toxins, Batman thinks he's taking down thugs and goons in the streets of an otherwise-evacuated Gotham but what he's actually doing is causing compound fractures and permanent debilitating injuries to innocent civilians.

OK. I'm somewhat back on board. Not ~$500 back on board, but I'm listening...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Midniter posted:

New Game Plus is undrugged Batman going around beating up thugs and correcting all the carnage he inadvertently caused. This allows Rocksteady to reuse literally all of the game assets. All of the boss fights can start with Batman going "Ah so this is the REAL [villain]" I like it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Arkham Knight: A Serious Game on Serious Earth

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Beenox and The Amazing Spider-Man Game posted some new info on Amazing Spider-Man 2:

The Amazing Spider-Man Game posted:

In a parallel universe, Peter Parker was raised by his Aunt May and Uncle Ben during the Great Depression. After Ben was murdered, Peter battled crime and injustice in the 1930s as Spider-Man Noir! In-game abilities include:

• STEALTH: Move closer to enemies without being seen
• TAKEDOWN RANGE: Range at which Spider-Man can trigger a takedown is increased
• BALLISTIC RESISTANCE: Damage caused by ballistic weapons are reduced

Beenox has posted up the official website for The Amazing Spider-Man's video games. Apparently, they are doing away with HeroHQ up at Activision because I don't see a link to it from there.

http://www.theamazingspidermangame.com/

Also, it behaves and looks just like Batman: Arkham Knight's website. :v:

We have a few new pictures as well. However, they're located on the site and I don't know how to get them off. :(

At least the new one for Spider-Man Noir is postable.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Midniter posted:

The Zur-En-Arrkham Knight

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TwoPair posted:

New Game Plus is undrugged Batman going around beating up thugs and correcting all the carnage he inadvertently caused. This allows Rocksteady to reuse literally all of the game assets. All of the boss fights can start with Batman going "Ah so this is the REAL [villain]" I like it.
This sounds kind of like the new game plus for the first Spider-Man film game, where you could unlock a mode playing the game again as Harry Osborn Green Goblin.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This sounds kind of like the new game plus for the first Spider-Man film game, where you could unlock a mode playing the game again as Harry Osborn Green Goblin.

My favorite such mode in a video game was the Joe Fixit costume in Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, which added a bunch of wisecracking brooklyn dialogue from the Hulk during every story sequence in the game.

The Savage Banner costume was pretty funny too.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

ThermoPhysical posted:

Beenox and The Amazing Spider-Man Game posted some new info on Amazing Spider-Man 2:

Beenox has posted up the official website for The Amazing Spider-Man's video games. Apparently, they are doing away with HeroHQ up at Activision because I don't see a link to it from there.

http://www.theamazingspidermangame.com/

They talk about how the game will split time between being Peter Parker and being Spider-Man. I am liking the potential there since it also makes it sound like this game is designed to take place over the course of, say, 1 week of in-game time as compared to the first ASM game that took place over a period of like 24 hours.

Still quite curious how Manhattan is going to look considering that at the conclusion of ASM there was more destruction than there was at the end of Man of Steel :v:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
If Christopher Daniel Barnes records dialogue as Noir, I'm getting this game :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Solaris Knight posted:

If Christopher Daniel Barnes records dialogue as Noir, I'm getting this game :colbert:

CDB should be Symbiote Spidey. I want to swing through Manhattan bellowing "GET BACK HEEEERE SHOCKURRRRR!"

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Gaz-L posted:

CDB should be Symbiote Spidey. I want to swing through Manhattan bellowing "GET BACK HEEEERE SHOCKURRRRR!"

If they add the silver/black spider armor they should have him voice it in that really smug voice he used in the multiverse episodes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Gaz-L posted:

You web some dude and each button press gives "YOU" "CAN'T" "ESCAPE" "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm still mad they had him voice Noir instead of Amazing.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Looks like Beenox is getting ready to release a gameplay trailer "soon" for ASM 2. Probably this week or next.

Also, it's looking that only GameStop will have preorder content.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I demand the following exchange if they go full batshit insane like you just suggested:

Shocker: I have powerful friends! You'll pay for this!

Full on Loony Venom/Peter: The cheque's in the mail, baby!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm honestly not sure if Barnes or Hank Azaria had more fun playing Venom.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

More ASM2 game news:

The Amazing Spider-Man Game on Facebook posted:

In times of great danger, the universe temporarily bestows cosmic power upon worthy individuals. On this occasion, the chosen one was Spider-Man! In-game abilities include:
• HEALING RATE: Spider-Man heals faster
• SPIDER-SENSE RANGE: Spider-Sense goes further than normal
• IONIC POTENCY: Ionic web reacts more rapidly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
No invincibility+unlimited webbing? Pass.

• Locked thread