Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

is there a lot of information released about The Amazing Spider-Man 2? Considering that the story for the first game took place a month or so after the movie and Manhattan Island is a disaster zone after the end of the game I am very curious if this game will just ignore the previous one or actually continue on from the universe they built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

ThermoPhysical posted:

Beenox and The Amazing Spider-Man Game posted some new info on Amazing Spider-Man 2:

Beenox has posted up the official website for The Amazing Spider-Man's video games. Apparently, they are doing away with HeroHQ up at Activision because I don't see a link to it from there.

http://www.theamazingspidermangame.com/

They talk about how the game will split time between being Peter Parker and being Spider-Man. I am liking the potential there since it also makes it sound like this game is designed to take place over the course of, say, 1 week of in-game time as compared to the first ASM game that took place over a period of like 24 hours.

Still quite curious how Manhattan is going to look considering that at the conclusion of ASM there was more destruction than there was at the end of Man of Steel :v:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Well I enjoyed where they were going with the first Amazing game so if they are going all out for this one then I will be just as pleased with it, guess I'm gonna be pre-ordering it as well :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so it looks like they are cribbing Detective Mode from the Arkham series as well, at least that's what the Spidey Sense radar looks like. Frankly I am fine with it if it works as well as the combat.

I am also liking that Beenox is again taking liberties with the license and including a lot of Spidey favourites that we may not see in the respective films for a while or ever, such as the Kingpin and Kraven. one of the things I liked about the first ASM game was that it took place after the events in the film, so yes it did spoil that he beats the Lizard (not a huge surprise really) but it went from that and just went full steam ahead into their own story. Still really curious how they are going to handle the fact that Manhattan got pretty beaten up by all of Smythe's robots

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

regardless of the 6 preorder costumes, I'm actually loving stunned and pleased that this is a game where you can UNLOCK COSTUMES as opposed to paying for all that poo poo as DLC. Remember when costumes with cool effects were unlockable rewards? I sure as poo poo don't but it's nice that we'll actually get that kind of reward back in a game. The webswinging mechanics alone almost have me sold for this, and as for the combat...well the combat was one-note as gently caress in SM2 and I didn't give a poo poo. At best, the combat in this new one looks alright.

well to be fair the only costume that was a DLC for the first ASM game was Stan Lee iirc, the other costumes were unlocked in game by finding the ASM Spider logo in various places around Manhattan. Man I hope they have Future Foundations again :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Wait, are you saying you DIDN'T enjoy the parts where Black Cat showed up in ASM1? Those and the Gwen fakeout scene were the highlights of the game for me.

Regarding the new info did I miss something at the end of the bank robbery, I thought Felicia simply said that she was working for Osborne and saying anything else could jeopardize her well being, they did also point out in her bio that she had been infected with the Lizard serum and that was how she got arrested. What I am trying to say is that her getting super powers kind of defeats the whole purpose of Black Cat's mythos. In a world where you have mutants and superheroes that can do amazing feats because of their powers you have Black Cat, who can keep up with Spidey based purely on the fact that she's been a professional criminal for years and it's her experience that allows her to keep up with the "gifted" few in the MCU.

• Locked thread