Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bully (or Persona) but with superheroing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

At this point, I assume their 'out' for the Game of Thrones game not impacting the show's narrative will be every single character in the game dying.

It's non-canon because it allows for making the right decision.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's bigger than the one in Games and I still can't tell what the Harley preorder thing is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if a driveable Batmobile means we might finally get a full fledged Gotham to run around in. Instead of the gimped versions of the last two games. It was mostly okay in AC since that was supposed to be just a walled off section of town but in AO it was just stupid seeing as you were still arbitrarily stuck just in one area and they didn't have a good excuse for nobody on the streets.

That's what Gameinformer says. Much larger Gotham with wider streets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here's the Gameinformer article:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/april-cover-revealed-2014-1039752374.aspx

Not a whole lot there right now, but it has a picture of the weird Batmobile from the side.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arkham Knight is apparently a new character.

I guess they could mean just the identity is new though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The white event itself is just supposed to be the powering up thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's just the newest Star Brand.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

regardless of the 6 preorder costumes, I'm actually loving stunned and pleased that this is a game where you can UNLOCK COSTUMES as opposed to paying for all that poo poo as DLC. Remember when costumes with cool effects were unlockable rewards? I sure as poo poo don't but it's nice that we'll actually get that kind of reward back in a game. The webswinging mechanics alone almost have me sold for this, and as for the combat...well the combat was one-note as gently caress in SM2 and I didn't give a poo poo. At best, the combat in this new one looks alright.

They probably realized if they sold it it would be delisted in a couple of months.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not a high bar.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Marvel Universe game would have a tie in mobile game where nothing really happens and you keep hoping for better gameplay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The graphics were probably too complicated.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The next gen version doesn't look any better though. It can't be a graphics thing.

The Xbone SDK is probably still a huge mess or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's crap. The console was rushed to market about 6 months too early.

Lots of games that are not exactly graphical powerhouses like Call of Duty Ghosts and Trials Fusion are at lower resolutions or framerates than the PS4 because the tools are so bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because that somehow makes sense with it coming out on everything else?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Especially considering it has the smallest install base by far.

Though I don't know how well Spider-Man games do outside NA.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a guy running around on Gamefaqs who keeps posting fake impressions for some reason.

Seems weird to have a grudge against a game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spider-Man 2 is not a good game.

Try playing it today. Go ahead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Word on the street is that Injustice 2 just got announced at wondercon. Not really surprising.

It was apparently announced at C2E2 but nobody noticed.

What I read is that they kind of slipped it in during an Arkham Knight thing but the crowd was too loud and almost nobody heard it. That's where the rumor of an Arkham Knight delay came from: They were actually saying the next Injustice is out next year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They probably didn't bother to have it install much because that takes extra work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're going to need a ton off friends since a Friend only resource is the limiting factor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently a big thing in the game is more enterable buildings as well as being able to see into the buildings through the windows.

Not just that, but buildings you can enter while being Batman.

No more using the door like some sort of Aquaman, you can Batman through windows and stuff to get into buildings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

So what you're saying is I'll finally be able to bust through Gotham City's architecturally mandated skylights-in-every-building? God bless us every one.

That's one of the specific examples they used, yeah.

They could presumably have Predator 'rooms' that now span multiple buildings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't see why they wouldn't bring Baker back if they were using Joker again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PS4, Xbone, 360, PS3 in that order.

360/PS3 is negligible though.

Edit: Oh, you mean the old one. 360 is a bit better but nothing noticeable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The new Lego Batman game will have an Arrow specific DLC pack.

And Detective Chimp.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Conan has done a ton of stuff with DC animation the last few years, because they're on the same lot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, technology usage is usually a skill in the games. She would probably have generic punches otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Hahaha, did Young Justice seriously have Superman struggle with the weight of a bus? What a terrible cartoon.

The Timm cartoons did this too you know, then came up with that silly World of Cardboard thing to explain it that everyone thinks is Superman canon now.

• Locked thread