Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Wudang Jia

"Yes, sure, fine." The 235th Heir of the Wudang School uses her quick and practiced hand motions to accomplish the most important task in front of her.

http://wudanggirl.tumblr.com/

Hitting POST she finally looks up. "Investigate how, Minami?" she asks. "We're locked in here and unless you have the 36 instruments of truth-gathering stuffed down your pants I don't see how we're going to get anyone to admit they violated the secrecy of this place! If this was Wudang we'd take a staff to thei-"

She looks around.

"But this is not Wudang!"

K Prime posted:

Feix Wudang Jia

High Concept: Literal Wuxia Hero In Training

Trouble: Never Reveal the Wudang Secret

Passion: OMG TXTNG IS GR8

Magic: Wuxia Chi Bullshit

Aspect: Wudang Clan Ain't Nothin to gently caress With

Aspect: Queen of the Iron Age

Aspect: My Mentor Figure Hasn't Died Yet

Approaches
Careful: +1
Clever: +2
Flashy: +1
Forceful: +3
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +0

Stunts
The Mystery of Chessboxing: Jia's training consists of mind and body cultivation in equal measure. When she creates a Clever aspect, she gets a +3 instead of a +2 when tagging it for a Forceful action, and vice versa.
Protect Your Neck: Wudang Sword Style don't mess around. Once per session on a successful hit, Jia can spend a fate point deal an automatic Severe Consequence to something that has a head.
Fast Shadow: Wudang Sword does not do subtle. But sometimes, one must be as the shadow- moving fast to evade the light. When evading someone's attention by moving around (metaphorically or literally- this can refer to changing the topic of conversation rapidly, for example) Jia may substitute Quick for Sneaky.

Hope: OOO

Refresh: 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"After dinner I aaaaa...." Jia thinks for a moment. "I went to train with my dad. Just, y'know, the usual. Then I texted Feixue about how cool her music is- she never responds to me for some reason- and then I did my usual exercises and went to bed."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia giggles merrily at Laura's misadventure. "Really? You should have just let me go, watch..." With a deep breath, she leaps out the window, running briefly in midair with no sign of gravity mattering as she slowly drops to the ground. "Nothing unsafe about it at all. Just someone doesn't know- oop." She clams up. "Anyway, next time try asking."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"So we solve a crime by committing it? Yet somehow nobody here can understand action-without-action. Aiya." Jia blows a strand of hair out of her face. "I do not think so. We should investigate the entrance instead of using it. Perhaps we can find some evidence? That is how things work here right? Back home, we generally use trial by combat but I do not think anybody would be happy with me if I suggested that."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia breathes out briefly in place of swearing as she spots Azumi. Then she quietly starts darting from shadow to shadow around the edges of the room, trying to flank the straight-woman sukeban.

She's an obvious threat.

Threats to the Wudang are dealt with.
Words are just so much air; what matters is action.

She lurks in a shadow, ready to move. If words fail, there's always the fist...

Krysmbot KPrime, +//++2 = 4 Quick -> Sneaky to apply Flanked to Azumi

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"A shrine... what is one of those doing in here? We have one at home..."

Jia looks at it curiously. "Tian, that is heaven, but what are the rest?"

She begins picking it over thoroughly. "Always treat these with respect. That is what my mother said."

KPrime, +-+-+2 = 2 clever to reveal something about the cabinet

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia bites her lip. On the one hand, opening random shrine cabinets at home never did anything except spray old dust everywhere if it was some stupid god no one liked. On the other hand, this is a forbidden shrine cabinet, which makes it different. The dust could be really old and awful, and that would be terrible.

So she does the sensible thing and stands off to the side and nudges it open with the tip of her foot, looking away as to not inhale terrible dust that is probably, like, as old as her dad.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia frowns. "Someone's been touching this. That's not just forbidden, that's rude and unhygenic." She reads the characters. "Shenshashen. Sounds familiar to me, but I can't place it." She closes the cabinet with care, and takes a little bow. "Sorry, Shenshashen." Then she turns back to the others. "I want to ask my dad about this. He's weird but he knows all about obscure shrine gods. Maybe he can tell us why someone would poke poor Shenshashen."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Daddy? I know you're here!" calls Jia. "Can we please skip the leaping out of bushes and testing my prowess bit today? It's sort of important."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia sighs. At least he's not talking to the squirrels again. "Hi Daddy. Um, we've got sort of a problem at school..." howdoiphrasethissohedoesn'tinterfere "Someone's desecrated a shrine to a god I don't know, named Shenshashen. The headmaster seems really annoyed so I said I'd ask you."

Her fingers work the phone's screen.

http://wudanggirl.tumblr.com/

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

EEP! "Nope, nope, nope, that's fine Daddy! I just wanted to know if you knew anything about it! I can look up the rest in the library I love you see you later bye!"

Jia sprints away, headed back for the school proper. Too close! Too close! Sorry Daddy, but I would literally die if my friends saw you right now!

Compelling My Mentor Figure Hasn't Died Yet to leave behind potentially useful parental help because it's too embarrassing

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Hey, sure, thanks!" Jia takes the offered drink gladly. "Did you figure out anything about our uh, problem?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Oh, uh.. I'm not good at reading people, really. Actually, I'm terrible at it. Really, really terrible." Jia shrugs. "I think I figured out what god someone pissed off though."

A KPrime, +-/++3 = 4 mostly blocks Kaiya's aspect but leaves her with a boost

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia takes one look at Madoka's face and then at the screen. "What is this?! Madoka, should I punch him?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia tucks her phone away, snags the only obvious bag in the room, and grabs Madoka's chair by the handles. "Anyway must be going goodbye Fred."

This is not technically a legal application of the Rapid Movement Sutra, but Jia thinks Daddy would understand. There's nothing left behind except a faint woosh of air. "Sorry Madoka, but I think we both wanted out, yes?"

Half of Jia's locker has been filled with a shrine to a man the others don't recognize, probably - Wudang Chun, the 1st Master of Wudang. The other half is full of random pictures of pop musicians, including at least one shot of Feixue on the grounds of the school itself. Finally, there is a book labeled PLEASE OPEN ME, Jia apparently having gone for the Reverse Psychology Method of diary concealment.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jan 20, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia pointedly ignores the squabbling pair and turns to Konami. "If you would like to spar, Konami, I am open any day of the week. Though..."

She turns back to Kaiya. "Speaking of fighting, how did you hurt your hand, anyway? It was fine before we split up."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Huh." Jia turns her head sideways to look at the odd symbol. "I did not know we had a brandsman on the island. While your dedication to... whatever god that i- wait." She glares. "What god is that?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia's face takes on a disturbing countenance, suddenly serious and vaguely... terrifying. None of her usual warmth and silliness is left at all.

"You are a fool. Do you think your pathetic desks-"

She slams her hand into a wall, leaving a noticeable dent.

"-can harm the true heir to the 36 Chambers? You are 8000 years too early."

KPrime, +-/-+3 = 2 to forcefully scare the poo poo out of her and place advantage If You Got Beef, Then Bring the Ruckus

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia
(X)()()

Kaiya's fearful gaze ruins her attack attempt- Jia just stares Kaiya down, standing stock still as the chairs blow right past her. "A fair try, wizard of rap. But alas your skills are full of c-"

A final impolite word is cut off by a desk biting her. It only stings a bit, but HEY!

"-A trap! Smart. But not nearly enough."

Defend against Kaiya at KZA, //--+3 = 1. Invoking If You Got Beef to go to +3, granting Kaiya a boost. Defending against the desks at KZA, ++-/+53 = 64, (I typed the wrong number I am dum) granting them a boost and dealing one stress.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia
(X)()()

Jia rolls her neck around in a manner that would be more menacing if she were not a 16 year old girl. Still pretty menacing though. "Super Wudang Style Strike! If you don't want to get hurt-"

She leaps into the air, directly at Kaiya. As Kaiya flinches back Jia's toe connects directly with the vicious burn on her arm. Everything pauses, for a moment, as Jia hovers in midair directly in front of Kaiya. She leans forward, bringing them almost face to face.

"-then drop the mic!"

The moment unpauses. Jia rebounds back like she weighs a fraction of what she does, then clings to the ceiling. Kaiya probably starts to swear.

Krysmbot KZA, ///++9 = 10 Clever strike from tagging If You Got Beef and Sick Burn (do I need to spend a FP to tag that consequence?)

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia
(X)(X)()
FP:2

Jia, from her position on the ceiling, mostly blocks the desk.

Mostly.

Turns out it's hard to dodge when one's feet are planted on a roof. "OW!"

Tagging Wuxia Chi Bullshit to reroll a 1 into a 4, which since I'd take 1 stress anyway I keep.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 25, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia
(X)(X)()
FP:2

Jia sees an opening from her elevated position. "WUDANG STYLE! SUNBIRD SWOOPS ON PREY!"

She rockets from the ceiling at a speed which is simultaneously apparently very fast and oddly slow and graceful. Pinned against the wall, the tsuki-tsuke-stupid desk thing has no chance to dodge. Her toe reaches out again, plunging deep into the crack in the desk and splitting it into two neat halves, which twitch for a second and then fall still.

Jia stands posed, en pointe, in the wreckage. She rotates her hands in a circular motion. "Wudang Style: Without Peer!"

Then she giggles and hops, on a single foot, for a moment. "Oh man was that cool!"

KZA, -/-++7 = 6 + 2 from Pinned does 8 stress and based on a hilarious failure of a defense roll in irc by Ettin destroys T1.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia
(X)(X)()
FP:1

The damned thing nearly gets Jia but luckily its tattered condition leaves it short as Aubrey blasts it to smithereens.

Jia decides standing around isn't such a bright idea anymore, and begins to dash rapidly around the classroom, hopefully moving too fast to be caught by a stupid desk.

She promptly trips over a different, non-animated desk. "Wurgh!"

Krysmbot KZA, -+-/+3 = 2 defense: Invoking its consequence to avoid damage, but that's a tie so it gets a boost. Then immediately dies. Oh well.
09:41 KZA !r fudge+209:41 Krysmbot KZA, /---+2 = -1 to place an advantage. So trips.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia
(X)(X)()
FP:1

"An opening! HYAAAAAAAAAA!"

Jia leaps.

A falling axe kick nails the desk right in that inconvenient new dent. "WUDANG STYLE! FALLING MOUNTAIIIIN!"

There is a wood-splitting noise.

KZA, /++++5 = 8 mother fucker that is a roll.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Hey Konami, I'm super hyped now- wanna spar?"

Jia drops from stance to stance excitedly. "C'mon, let's go!"

Krysmbot KPrime, +/-/+2 = 2 to cleverly distract Konami from the topic.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia
FP:1->2

"Wha.. WHAT?!"

Jia suddenly is angry once more! "You... you are one of the YAMA CULT?"

She points at Konami dramatically. "Your lies... perhaps they were told to you by others, but it is not the blight that has given you these powers. Your ancestors are the biggest... biggest STUPID MONSTERS the world has ever seen! Slayers of women and children! Thieves and traitors! They punched a baby once!"

She turns her back on Konami, fist clenching. "That baby was Fu Wudang, master of Wudang and MY GREAT... SOMETHINGTH GRANDFATHER!"

With a sudden force she turns and points to Konami. "OUR FAMILIES CAN NEVER BE FRIENDS!"

Compelling Literal Wuxia Hero to have some terrible backstory grudge.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Uh..." Jia looks at the wardrobe shiftily. She's had enough bad luck with cabinets today for her to let this pass uncommented upon. "Is it just me or does it seem like it should be deeper than that?"

She reaches in and plunges her hand between the largest gap between games. "Is there something back here?"

KPrime, ++-/+3 = 4 to forcefully overcome the vidyawall

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia looks at Sebastian funny. "A who-what?"

She shakes her head and looks back at the rest of the stuff. "This is... this is similar to the demon-fighting gear Wudang Monastery keeps sealed in the cellar and they think I don't know about. Except stupid and islandy." She makes an exaggerated frowny face at the incompetence of those silly island people. "Nice swords, though. Can I see one?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Hey!"

Jia yanks the swords out of Laura's hands, but sorta gently-like. "You don't just do that to a fine blade! You could cause serious irreversible damage to the edge! Besides, it's rude!" Jia respectfully places the blades back on their stand. "Though I am curious as to why you have what is clearly a fine pair of blades, Madoka. It must be an interesting story."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia's eyes are sparkling. It's extremely disturbing, to say the least. "An ancient warrior society? Fighting evil wizards?"

She clasps Madoka's hands. "Madoka, you are heir to the greatest calling of any lifetime: that of a hero. I, Wudang Jia, Heir to Wudang and the Secret Arts of the Chambers, will do anything in my power to see you through to your destiny."

She grins. "I know some wonderful martial styles that don't require use of your legs, too."

The effect of the oath is ruined as she immediately goes for her phone. "THIS IS THE SECOND BEST DAY OF MY LIFE"

code:
JiaJiaGabor: OMG FEIXUE
JiaJiaGabor: Y DDNT U TELL ME ABOUT MADOKAS SECRET EVIL SLAYING THING
JiaJiaGabor: I CAN HEKP HER
JiaJiaGabor: FEIXUE
FlyingSno: how did u even get my screenname
JiaJiaGabor: some1 wrote it on the wall
JiaJiaGabor: in Madokas room
JiaJiaGabor: says 'call if fallen and cant get up'
FlyingSno: gently caress me

K Prime fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 10, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

code:
JiaJiaGabor: OMG
JiaJiaGabor: PLZ
JiaJiaGabor: COME OVER HEEERREEEEEE
Compelling my Passion to be a huge fuckin' creep and 1. scare off Feixue 2. be too sad about it to make a decision about where I go!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"If this is the same Shenshashen Daddy was talking about, I think the trick to getting him to show up would be human sacrifice in the water." Jia shrugs, apathetically, not really caring about the events. "I don't think we'd get away with that one though. Maybe a pig or something?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Waaaaa!" Jia jumps back. "A talking cat is bad, bad luck!" She gestures. "They were left out of the Zodiac for a reason! They speak only lies!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Not you Tom, cat-spirit-creatures are different. Actually..." Jia looks thoughtful. "I'm starting to think Shenshashen sounds familiar, as a name. Maybe it was some famous guy in a book... I think he was a cat spirit? No, wait, he was just a sand creature. I thought he was a cat for some reason."

Jia looks over the ocean, pensive.

She jumps up. "LITTERBOXES!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia looks at Konami, watching her temper rise.

She makes a decision.

With a firm stance, Jia points at Konami. "When we leave this island, you should stay here, and not return until your kung fu is strong enough to resist your anger!"

Jia then turns her back on Konami.

Omg, that was soooo coooool. she thinks to herself.

Compel accepted.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia clamps a hand on Laura's shoulder. "No she is not. We owe it to her to be here while she fights off the urge. Or..."

Jia breathes in, breathes out. "To take her down. It is said the Yama Cult can fly when the demon takes them, you see... I cannot forgive her family, but as Champion of Wudang it is my duty to remain here and see her through, one way or the other..."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia feels the chi wash over her. "Yes... this is the legendary power of the Yama Cult." She shifts a foot back, straightens her back, and faces Konami head on. "I told you about the wings."

She raises her hands into a fighter's defense. "Demon Exorcism Stance, 3rd Form! Spider Leaps At Bird!"

She looks at Tom briefly. "Try and calm her! I am ready for her if you fail."

KPrime, ++--+2 = 2 to cleverly set Stance Dance

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

The power of a martial artist is in their breath, daughter. Energy flows in, energy flows out. To fight without the breath of Wudang is like fighting crippled and blind.

Breathe in, breathe out. Find the rhythm. The eight-second count is for demon-slaying. Eight groups of eight, repeat.

Jia's foot slides slightly back. The ground appears to be moving around her.

Yi. Er. San. Shi. Wu. Liu. Chi. Ba.

KPrime, -+/++2 = 3 Cleverly place Breath of God

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia
FP:2->1
(X)( )( )

Jia eats the blast to the face, one hand held front, resisting the pressure... "This... this is the power of the Yama Cult. This is... THE MADNESS WAVE!"

The force is nearly unbearable, and Jia nearly is knocked down. But she resists, for one reason.

In her free hand, she manages to get a camera up and snap a sweet photo of the scene.

Snapchat fame, here she comes.

#hadoken

<Krysmbot> KZA, -/--+3 = 0 Passion flip to +6, eating the one stress to save all my invokes for BUTTKICKING

The wave ceases. Jia sets her hand back into the ready position, hastily stowing her phone. Eight breaths. Then.

Strike.

"WUDANG DEMON SLAYING STYLE! DRAGON DEVOURS SPIRIT!"

<Krysmbot> KZA, -+-/+11 = 10, invoking both of my personal aspects and Sleepy. On top of that, I am using my Protect Your Neck stunt to automatically Severe her.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia
FP:1->2

Jia finishes posting a totally awesome shot of her flying the peace sign as Konami mopes in the background to Instagram, then turns to Tom. "I think she went running for the beach. Too bad, because she missed me being COOL AS-"

She looks at Konami again, and some of the adrenaline and enthusiasm leaves her. "I hope she'll be ok. I can't let her go unchecked, but I don't want her, like, depressed..."
Jia frowns for a moment longer, then the uncharacteristic introspection leaves her. "Anyway! Let's go find Laura!"

Meanwhile, elsewhere...

"Oh man, have you seen these shots that Jia kiddo is postin' on the 'grams? WHATTA SCOOP!"

Compelling my passion by saying a certain SHSL tabloid editor has totally been following my Instagram...

• Locked thread