Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Well, I've got theater tickets for tonight. We're going to see the stage production of Young Frankenstein. However, since I'm nominated and can't vote and if I manage to survive I'm barred from the next three HoH competitions anyhow, there's not much I'm missing. I would like to PM John Cena my "Last Minute Speech" to be posted right before the voting if that's alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

jng2058 posted:

Well, I've got theater tickets for tonight. We're going to see the stage production of Young Frankenstein.

I'm not one for theatre, but I would totally go see this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Our local theatre put on a production of Young Frankenstein about a month ago. It was awesome. It's a musical though, if you're not aware. I know some (awful) people have problems with musicals.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Nah, I'm good with musicals. I've seen a few over the years, not to mention all the Disney stuff when I was a kid. And again now that I'm taking little ones to them myself. Frozen was quite good, for example. Thanks for the head's up, though. :)

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Asiina posted:

Our local theatre put on a production of Young Frankenstein about a month ago. It was awesome. It's a musical though, if you're not aware. I know some (awful) people have problems with musicals.

At least it's stealing from a source that is rich enough to have some of its spirit survive the terrible process of turning into a musical. I can't imagine that it could be any worse than Spamalot.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jng2058 posted:

Well, I've got theater tickets for tonight. We're going to see the stage production of Young Frankenstein. However, since I'm nominated and can't vote and if I manage to survive I'm barred from the next three HoH competitions anyhow, there's not much I'm missing. I would like to PM John Cena my "Last Minute Speech" to be posted right before the voting if that's alright.

you can just post it now if you want

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Improvise!

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Hey, in that case, I'd like to post my last minute speech right now, for when I'm eventually nominated:

--------///---------

If you fuckers vote for me to leave, you better be drat sure I'm getting evicted. I will be insanely bitter. I will do everything to the best of my ability to exact my revenge on those who I perceive to have wronged me in this competition. Don't even think of voting me out. I loving swear.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

XyloJW posted:

Hey, in that case, I'd like to post my last minute speech right now, for when I'm eventually nominated:

--------///---------

If you fuckers vote for me to leave, you better be drat sure I'm getting evicted. I will be insanely bitter. I will do everything to the best of my ability to exact my revenge on those who I perceive to have wronged me in this competition. Don't even think of voting me out. I loving swear.

:drat: :O

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

XyloJW posted:

--------///---------

Welp, looks like we have to put Xylo up for nomination next week, so he won't be on the jury.

Also: never, ever post in D&D again.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Y'all aren't supposed to read that till later though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

XyloJW posted:

Oh good, I skipped it once I saw how long it was.

If I get HoH I think I am going to nominate Xylo. Just a gut feeling is all guys, he is such a nice guy that I don't think there will ever be a chance of me getting reprimanded.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

And I thought my attention span was bad!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

After the HOH competition tonight, we'll be doing another synchtube again, for all who are interested.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Watching more Dan being amazing at everything.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

John Cena posted:

After the HOH competition tonight, we'll be doing another synchtube again, for all who are interested.

I will be working :(

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

XyloJW posted:

Then you should have put it in spoilers. I compulsively read everything anyone posts ever.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i have decided to take over for soundtrack duties for this game

this is now the official big brother main theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsWq1MtI3vI

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also this meinberg's theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQxTWDLZ8o

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

JNG's Journal. Final entry.

JakeP's behind everything.
Why? What's his endgame?
I cannot imagine a louder opponent.
Used to joke that he was fast enough to catch the Internet.
He could evict us both, out in the snow.
That's where we're going now, to the final vote.
Whether I'm safe or evicted upon this reading,
I hope the game lasts long enough for this journal to reach you.
I played my game free of compromise,
and step into the shadow without complaint or regret.

-JNG, January twenty-third.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol I wish I was behind anything :)

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

JakeP posted:

lol I wish I was behind anything :)

So you are denying any and all responsibility for the incident that occurred April 12, 2009?

Interesting. Very interesting.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I may not be here for the voting either so I'll just say that I will be very sad and hurt if I get voted off to the guy who literally tried to quit playing this game a few days back.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
jakep did :911:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I'll be here for voting and for the competition, but I'd like to say something at this time anyway:

Hey Meinberg, how you doing?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

XyloJW posted:

I'll be here for voting and for the competition, but I'd like to say something at this time anyway:

why is every post you are making lately sounds oddly ominous?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

XyloJW posted:

Why did you do that? We don't need a 3-page essay :smith:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

XyloJW posted:

Well, to tell the truth, something has been bothering me.

A thought has wormed its way into my skull, taken root within my brain and began gnawing at my grey matter, crying for expression. I have attempted to excise this thought, to brush it aside as a mere vanity. But I can no longer. I can no longer hide from this offense I have received.

You think this is my theme song!

How dare you sir? How. Dare. You!?

This offense will not be taken lightly and my vengeance will come slow and quiet. It shall emerge from the shadows at the least expected moment to rend your being in twain for daring to insult me in such a brazen fashion! It is an insult both to me and to David Bowie's prodigious output.

Here is my theme song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g

DEAL WITH IT

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meinberg please tell the thread what you just told us.

The viewers need to see this.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Don't feed the trolls. Also I'm pretty sure the viewers can see our docs?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and me :munch:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eviction Three

One of the most game-affecting competitions, a player successfully winning AND using veto to save themselves from the choppingblock, and a nomination that sent everyone scattering, and some strange rumblings something may be up tonight, nobody has any idea what to expect. This is Awful Brother.

Houseguests, this is your third Eviction ceremony. Tonight you will have to vote out one of the two people that your Head of Household, Rarity, has nominated. Either jng2058, a player who nearly left the game of his own volition before re-finding that fire to play, or Veskit, a friend of the man who was saved by veto, up for a second time on the chopping block.

As usual, during these ceremonies and until after the HOH competition, there is to be absolutely zero Out Of Thread communication.

Before we got to voting, I'd like to ask some of you people questions.

JakeP, you went through a lot of punishments. From solitary confinement, to a new embarassing avatar, and outright restricting the number of competitions you're allowed to play, when you were on the chopping block against a guy who almost left. I have to ask...was it worth it?

Asiina, you went from winning first place in the Have/Have Not competition to becoming a Have-Not yourself. What did a reversal of fortune of that nature feel like?

Dr. Hurt, you employed a slightly different strategy in the Veto competition, instead going for all of the rewards. What is the mentality behind that, to not even bother fighting for POV?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

John Cena posted:

JakeP, you went through a lot of punishments. From solitary confinement, to a new embarassing avatar, and outright restricting the number of competitions you're allowed to play, when you were on the chopping block against a guy who almost left. I have to ask...was it worth it?

I don't know what would have happened had I stayed on the block, and I don't know what will happen in the future. For all I know, if I was up there now, I would be gone within the hour. I guess it is worth it in that case, but poo poo, I could go home next week, and then it was all for naught. I had fun poo poo posting across Something Awful, and am looking forward to my avatar. Overall no regrets! :)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

John Cena posted:

Dr. Hurt, you employed a slightly different strategy in the Veto competition, instead going for all of the rewards. What is the mentality behind that, to not even bother fighting for POV?

It didn't really take me long to realize that Jake's internet was much much better than mine. After a certain point I knew that winning veto was useless, but I could still get something out of the challenge. And besides that it was fun to vote. The thrill of the auction, the anger of being sniped at the last section- that's what life's all about.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

John Cena posted:

Asiina, you went from winning first place in the Have/Have Not competition to becoming a Have-Not yourself. What did a reversal of fortune of that nature feel like?

Being a Have Not is terrible! Having nobody to talk to but Rarity and Xylo is truly a fate worse than death. It's all baby talk and sports involving punching.

I begged Rarity not to open that door and in no way completely convinced her that it would be an awesome idea, so I place the blame squarely on her shoulders.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Asiina posted:

Being a Have Not is terrible! Having nobody to talk to but Rarity and Xylo is truly a fate worse than death. It's all baby talk and sports involving punching.

I begged Rarity not to open that door and in no way completely convinced her that it would be an awesome idea, so I place the blame squarely on her shoulders.

Certainly a punishment nobody would want a part of.

Houseguests, it is now time to vote. We will be doing things a little differently, however.

Instead of writing it in the subject line, write your vote on the card in the above image, and PM it to me. The only people ineligible to vote are the two nominees. Rarity, as Head of Household, you will only be eligible to vote in the event of a tie. Deadline for voting is at 11:00PM tonight, so please get those votes in quickly.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Well, now that's a lull while we wait for all the votes to come in be calculated, I can answer this request.

Asiina posted:

Meinberg please tell the thread what you just told us.

The viewers need to see this.

Last night I was mentioning my fashion sense, how awesome it is, and how I'm bringing sweater vests back, and taking them back from jack-asses. So, today I decided to tell the house about how well I was dressed today.

So I left the house dressed to the nines. I may have not trimmed my beard in a while, so my beard is a touch scruffy, especially on the neck side. I wore sweater vest, because I wear sweater vests, and because it was cold I needed to wrap up, so I added a scarf and my trench coat. And to keep my hat covered, I, of course, had to wear my fedora.

I don't see what's so bad about my ensemble.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PLEASE NO POSTING OR COMMUNICATING DURING THE VOTING PERIOD.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Houseguests

I will now reveal the vote. When I announce the player who has been evicted, they will have one minute to say goodbye (and only a very short goodbye), gather their belongings, and walk out the front door.

First vote...

One vote for JNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes for JNG.

• Locked thread