Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

So, why is it that I can't seem to find any audio interfaces that aren't in a mixer format that provide more than 8 analog ins? I don't really need a mixer, I just need a ton of analog ins for all my synths. I can do all my level adjusting and per channel fx in my PC and in fact I'd prefer to do that. So why is it to get something with somewhere between 12-16 analog ins I seem to HAVE to buy a mixer with a USB interface. Is there any option Im missing here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

HollisBrown posted:

You're best bet then would be to get a good 8 channel interface than ADAT in a Motu 8pre or something similar.

It's just crazy that I can get a Phonic or Yamaha or Behringer mixer with 12-16 ins for like $200-400 but to do so without a bunch of channel strips and stuff involves getting an interface + D/A converter for a total closer to $1000.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Hmm, that Tascam interface looks promising. Seems to get generally positive reviews.

Do you think the MOTU interfaces would really be worth the premium?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Flipperwaldt posted:

Yeah, um, do any of those mixers output more than stereo over usb? Because technically that's an apples/oranges comparison with multi-in interfaces, I think.

And if they do, please tell me, because in the budget section there only was an Alesis Multimix (usb2 version) that mysteriously disappeared from the market and now maybe the Zoom R16 that barely qualifies as a mixer with all the menu diving.

Yes, actually Ive been using a Phonic Helixboard 12 for years now but it's starting to flake out on me and it doesn't technically have native Win7 support so Im looking to replace it