Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

hitchensgoespop posted:

Anyone one used one of these AKAI EIEs?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_i=468294

The reviews are terrible via Amazon but some of the online reviews have been pretty good.

Im looking for a replacement for my DMX 6fire which has served me pretty well but the lack of official Win7 support has sadly killed it.

My requirements are pretty slim, i just want something that can take a mic or midi keyboard at reasonable quality and output to some monitor speakers.

I have one of these and it worked great until I upgraded to Windows 7 and beyond. Now it has failed me and started spewing digital noise at every live show I've played for months. It works with two hardware setups I have but with any other setup it's trash. I came in this thread just now to look to see what I might replace it with. I'm really gonna miss the built-in USB hub but I am done with having it poo poo on me during a live set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
I bought a MOTU MicroBook II to replace my Akai EIEIO, but I get crazy pops and crackles on both my desktop and laptop with it. I just want a sound card that works. Does anyone have one of those. Augh.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Flipperwaldt posted:

Possibly another case of USB3 compatibility problems? Do the crackles go away at longer latency settings? Latest firmware? Tried a USB2 port?

My desktop only has USB2 ports and my laptop only has USB3 ports. Latest firmware, tried all latency settings. It was briefly stable at 512 on the laptop but only briefly.

I sold my FW Ultralite years ago because it did the same thing.