Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
Am I the only one that thinks the new Bennington show is TOO upbeat? Everybody's way too nice to each other it feels like.

Also Gail has a fake laugh and a real laugh and her fake laugh is REALLY ANNOYING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Nope, none of that bothers me.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I'd rather Gail fake laugh than hear Janice's laughs ever again.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'd rather Ron laugh so hard he's seeing a white light than hear him say, "What's the matter buddy? Locked up?"

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Fez is still in New York (and talking to Sam)

https://twitter.com/Kristi_Forbes/status/590929603696402433

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Really liking Bennington, especially with Hicks back.

Wonder if Ron will eventually feel the itch to get weird, though, and this show isn't really about that.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Fez is probably a PD for Bennington or something equally insane. After all, SiriusXM isn't the best run corporation in the world.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

The best reply: Was the smell of chicken fingers in the air?

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Big A with Gail Bennington at the Kevin Pollak Unmasked taping: https://instagram.com/p/1yVaDzENbb/

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Big A is s horrifying man.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

Paul Kersey posted:

Big A with Gail Bennington at the Kevin Pollak Unmasked taping: https://instagram.com/p/1yVaDzENbb/

Wow. I thought "no relation" was just a bit. That woman is clearly not the biological offspring of Ron Bennington.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Pleasing Shape posted:

Wow. I thought "no relation" was just a bit. That woman is clearly not the biological offspring of Ron Bennington.

Come back in 20 years and say that.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
So that's what happened to Meg White. From one panicky nervous co-host to another.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012

therealjon_ posted:

Big A is s horrifying man.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Pleasing Shape posted:

I dunno, I see a resemblance in her jawls.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I haven't listend to R&F in months. So Fez's retirement is legit? I have no idea what's going on anymore.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Can you really retire from doing nothing?

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Big A so comically fits the stereotype of axe murderer that you'd completely believe he's just an awkward but very nice giant man.

Then he murders you in his basement.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jimmy is doing an AMA on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/33mqkl/iama_mediocre_comedian_jim_norton_ama/

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Happy birthday Jimmy. Can you give more details about your animation project?
working on a Chip animation that is actually going to happen. I don't know where it will wind up though. Probably in my living room with just me watching

Okay so it is going to revolve around Chip, which means it could work.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Bubba Smith posted:

Happy birthday Jimmy. Can you give more details about your animation project?
working on a Chip animation that is actually going to happen. I don't know where it will wind up though. Probably in my living room with just me watching

Okay so it is going to revolve around Chip, which means it could work.

Oh god, I hope Cokelogic is actually animating it. The end result would be hilarious.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Isn't Cokelogic an awful animator though? He just makes weird photoshops and then rigidly moves their pieces around.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
cokelogic stinks.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

The Dave posted:

Isn't Cokelogic an awful animator though? He just makes weird photoshops and then rigidly moves their pieces around.

That would be the funny part, yes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

cokelogic is worse than most newgrounds animators

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Whoops sorry for literal Dave.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I used to like when Opie would claim Cokelogic's animations looked like Pixar.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsFMnpKW5vA

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Okay, I don't know the context of this. Is that Opie doing that voice?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The only thing more annoying than Opie is Opie doing a loving god-awful fake voice. Ugh.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm working on a Bennington Best Of youtube playlist for anybody who's behind.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVQkEl0-Qf5YFgipeC9jBoAs8GxaEjIDF

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I wish Bennington would of had the return of ESD. Even kept in check by Ron he's awesome on the radio

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I wish Bennington would of had the return of ESD. Even kept in check by Ron he's awesome on the radio

Have to imagine he enjoys getting paid a real salary at his morning show gig.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
If he was an actual co-host of Bennington he'd probably make more. Possibly?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yesterday's Opie and Jimmy was great, Jimmy's constant bullshit one-ups were loving amazing

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Back when ESD was doing stunt boy shock jock poo poo, shoving things in rear end, eating poo poo and what not, Ron warned him that none of the executives would ever take him seriously and he was loving with his future. Ron was right, all the XM and now Sirius people who make decisions think Dave is probably actually a little crazy. Any of the suits that were around back then know Dave as the guy who shoved a lollipop up his rear end and then sucked on it in front of one of the guys from Guns n Roses. It's too bad, Dave has really figured out how to harness his manic energy on the mic.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I was gonna go with "rear end blood bagel guy" but I think yours is better

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

If he was an actual co-host of Bennington he'd probably make more. Possibly?

Sirius would never make him a host. They gave Pepper a new job title so they could justify giving him a raise.

Kind of like how Dave wanted a bump from 25k to 50k and they wouldn't do it because his job title was producer despite everything he was doing on air.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Morter posted:

Okay, I don't know the context of this. Is that Opie doing that voice?

I'm going to take the lack of response as everyone cringing, and register that as a yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Even though it's in pretty rough shape I wonder if this whole situation makes my mousepad a collector's item.

• Locked thread