Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Morter posted:

A couple of days ago when they were playing the frozen T-shirt audio, one of the last audio clips they played was a familiar female reporter talking about the stupid rear end experiments other local news crews were doing.

The woman sounded like she was from 1010 WINS, but it sounded like they were watching a video. But I cannot find said video anywhere.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'll happily provide more info but this is bugging me :(

It was a segment from CNN. Not sure what reporter/host though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

CrashCat posted:

So I tune in for the Unmasked and immediately get an ad for the Rubber Club and their lovable mascot Rupert the Rubber.

Glad to see their commercial quality has gone up since I started listening mostly on demand. :rolleyes:

Meet the O&A Channel's newest sponsor:
http://www.squattypotty.com/
I wish I was kidding.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

BUH GUYS LEMME IN DA SHOW, GUYS PLEASE I NEED TICKETS GU-zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I missed most of the Unmasked. Did Mr. Kurlan behave himself? If he slept through most of it, that probably answers most of my question.

UncleMonkey posted:

Are they on O&A now too? I know they are a major sponsor on Howard's channel. The first time I heard it I thought it was a joke but apparently not. The ads are insane. It really is the worst thing I've ever heard.
I've heard the ads at least three times on the channel since Tuesday night. At first I thought it was a bit, but looked over at the radio and saw the 800 number and website on the crawler. SrirusXM, as a corporation, can't manage to pull better ad buys than this poo poo? (no pun intended) If so, they really are doomed.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 18, 2014

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

So, one of Roland's twitter imposters is trying to book guests, and almost succeeded.
https://twitter.com/roIandos99/status/455915690575556608

https://twitter.com/roIandos99/status/454464851424059392

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

SiriusXM's Facebook page is getting Jocktobered now.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Because the best thing to do now is to anger the suits against the show even further.

We're dealing with Pests, not rational people.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Raeg posted:

Anthony should have really learned to shut his cakehorn and avoided this whole mess.

People don't have the best social filter when they're angry and shitfaced drunk. Judging by the time Ant sent those tweets, he had to be in the bag, which fits with his earlier patterns of posting really, really, really borderline blatant racist poo poo on twitter in the early hours of the morning.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 5, 2014

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Tomahawk posted:

You can take that back, he's deleting all of his tweets as we speak.

Ant's drunk logic is kicking in. It's after 12AM.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

NarkyBark posted:

He must have been offered a job by somebody. I can't see any other reason for it, especially after "I will not apologize".

Either that or there's something going on behind the scenes and his Lawyer told him to delete loving everything.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Pleasing Shape posted:

RichVos @RichVos · 2h

With this whole mess involving @AnthonyCumia people are forgetting that a new My Wife Hates Me is up. It's been almost a day time to move on

I love Rich.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Cory Lidle posted:

I'm not even sure he hits the booze that hard enough to warrant it. But he definitely should dig into why he lets rage intoxicate him so much.
Ant goes on alcohol induced uninhibited twitter rants/flamewars on the reg. They always happen in the late PM's to early AM's, when a man such as Ant is most likely to be shitfaced.

I have a friend that works somewhere deep on the technical backend at SiriusXM. I don't want to give too many details in order to protect his job, but according to him, the number of subscriptions cancelled since Ant's firing became public have been "staggering." That's the best way he could put it.

Ant is a total racist rear end in a top hat, but it looks like SXM may have gone to far by firing him, especially on the Fourth of July.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 5, 2014

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Niwrad posted:

Is there any decent morning talk on SiriusXM now? Just can't get into Howard since he got on AGT (and is barely in studio anymore). Maybe they are throwing in the towel with talk as podcasts get more popular. Unless they have something creative planned to replace Anthony, I think I'm out next week.

Is there any chance they splurge and bring in a friend of the show to replace Anthony? Bill Burr, Colin, Dan Soder, etc? Obviously not right away but maybe if they want to keep Opie and Jim around past October. Norton and Friends can finally be a reality.

Glenn Beck. Seriously. If you can tune out the conservative boilerplate bullshit, he can be funny at times.
I have a strange feeling that Ant is heading for Glenn's MASSIVE Dallas studio compound as we speak, and Gregg "Opie" Hughes is soon to follow, once his contract runs out.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jul 5, 2014

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Anthony is on RedEye right now.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

I just listened to the TACS episode Guest Starring Lil' Yimmy. It's like a month long void in my life was filled, if only for two hours. I miss hearing Ant and Jim together every time I get in my car.
Opie can drop hammers in the Hudson River for all I care.

Niwrad posted:

Isn't it really hard to get to Ant's place to do the show though? Jimmy was complaining about the traffic. I guess Colin had to take the train in. That might be his biggest issue to getting decent guests. I still think he'd be better off pre-recording some stuff for the show.

The LIE is a nightmare when it comes to traffic, especially since Ant's show starts at 4PM, which is smack dab in the middle of afternoon rush hour.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 5, 2014

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Opie must loving haaate seeing jimmy going on TACS and absolutely killing for two straight hours while he's sitting at home trying to brainstorm another store-brand condiment related bit.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

TL posted:

Oh goodie, Opie's in a Twitter war with Keith Olbermann. I'm sure this will put Opie on the map as the King of Entertainment.

So, are you ready for Jim & Sam in the mornings on SiriusXM 103 The Jim Norton Channel/Ted's Transexual prostitute emporium?

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

The Opester is getting some Social Media attention, just not the kind he wanted.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Erock just interviewed "Meatballs" from the Todd Show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPbiAbjutFw

Edit: Beaten damnit.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

I think this sums up the events of this past evening pretty well.

My tummy hurts.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Haha holy poo poo. Scott Greenstein's assistant's phone number is on those. I hope he or she enjoys getting ramoned. Not that I condone that behavior... https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/5127

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Fez is probably a PD for Bennington or something equally insane. After all, SiriusXM isn't the best run corporation in the world.

• Locked thread