Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Goblin posted:

Opie is cancer

When I first listened to the show, I had trouble telling O&A's voices apart. Then I realized that whenever something funny was said, it was Anthony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Stokes posted:

On this day of no live programming let's look back at the good ol' days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv3PYpYXKjk

I have said the phrase "weird news" in a gravelly cadence in real life before.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
It's sad because Ant is the funniest radio person, but

lmao

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Stokes posted:

Sorry I made it uncomfortable y'all. I was just answering a question. Let's go back to talking about the asexual that never speaks and Steamroller Gregshells.

I'm convinced that Fez, like all asexuals, doesn't actually exist. It's impossible for 90+% of his character to not be a work and no amount of them doing the WCW wrestling thing of saying "this is a shoot" will convince me otherwise.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Morter posted:

What are some examples of Ant being depressed? Is it the topics he brings up? Or is it just a generally lower mood in his delivery?

The way he talked about Artie Lange appearing on Opie&Jim was pretty sad

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wozFkHMhfxE

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Stokes posted:

E-Rock had a really good interview with Meatballs, former 'stunt-boy' for the Scott and Todd Show.

Some highlights: Todd heard and saw everything Jocktobered about him. That incredibly douchey pre-recorded promo Todd played to intro the new show was thrown on the air blind and everyone in the studio but him were all Beavis and Butt-head face.

Is this online? Anything bad that happens to or is said about Todd is good.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Call Me Charlie posted:

not only is he terrible but, he's tries so hard not to step on any toes despite being so bitter about the whole experience.

Terrestrial radio, the post.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Any minute now... Any minute now Patrice is going to show up in studio and Ant is going to say that Obama is pretty ok as a president!

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

CrashCat posted:

gently caress, I forgot how busy and unlistenable regular radio comedy shows are

Yeah but the part where they played a t-rex sound and then another sound and then a fart sound was good

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Stokes posted:

black (uh oh am I a racist now?!)

Actually yeah saying it like that is pretty racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Like when your way of mentioning somebody's race is the exact same as Sam Cayhall from John Grisham's The Chamber, when that way of mentioning race is used specifically to convey that he is like super duper racist and bitter that it's no longer cool to be as racist as he is, then you're probably saying something racist.

• Locked thread