Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Untagged posted:

Davey Mac Sports Program going on an indefinite hiatus.
This is the stupidest thing. Just what I wanted to hear after O&A, even more loving replays. Assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

So replays for the west coast is their grand plan to renovate the channel, and they believe Sabean will do the right thing. Opie is starting to believe his own bullshit, when he drat well knows better.

And yeah this audio quality is balls. Good job on the move to a more compressed channel, Ron and Fez.

(And Fez already stuttering.)

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 6, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TL posted:

Yeah! Classic Shelb!
Whoa, persona non grata?!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

"This show will be the meltdown show and this historic photo will be the before picture" - Ronnie B

And I just heard that finally. I love that internet app delay. :sigh:

edit: The "Ron & Fez Bumper 01" show is okay so far.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 6, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Listening back to R&F from yesterday, Ron beating down Fez as he tries to give a comment after Ron made him comment about the Michael Bay breakdown just cracks me up. Also the earth is a rainbow of jizz.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

No Butt Stuff posted:

the app, the website, even attempting to access your account.

everything is broken.
Listening live with pausing was working, even though On Demand was down, but now that's toast and after refreshing I can't even log in.

I'd check their Twitter for a glib, non-caring response but work broke that for me. Time to try Stitcher or something for an afternoon I guess.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooooooooooooou

I was listening to On Demand god damnit

At least the angry listeners blew up their twitter:

It goes on like that for page after page.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 31, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

eightysixed posted:

Wait. They cut off O&A On-Demand for the Stern Birthday Bash? :confused:

No. They cut off ALL on demand. Every last loving bit of it.

:sigh:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

shyduck posted:

An SXM rep posted in response to somebody on Twitter that they need to conserve the bandwidth for Howard's thing. Take that for what you will.
Of course, the entire Internet is beating down the door to hear that mary celebrate having SiriusXM twisted around his pinky. Ayep.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I thought Jimmy did some pretty scary poo poo, or am I blurring all that in my memory with Vos's incessant tales of scrounging for coke?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I'm starting to believe these are the last days of Ron & Fez.
Not possible, that would be a payoff. :v:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Glad to hear Opie and Anthony advertising the Trayvon Martin peace walk! Guess they aren't so racist after all!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cory Lidle posted:

That was definitely Bonnie. That was line of the show for me, because it wasn't even framed as a joke.
She had a bunch of lines that were just the best. Made it actually tolerable despite the intention of the show being to make everyone miserable.

And now thanks to Jim I can't get "ciggy" out of my head. I want to go around just yelling "ciggy ciggy ciggy ciggy" at people.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Neodoomium posted:

If their intention was to make everyone miserable they'd just talk politics for 4 hours.
Nah, at least that interests me despite the bad opinions because they seem honest about them and explain their hosed up reasoning. When they bring stupid people on the air it's usually just trampling everyone's attempt to do anything until someone finally cracks a good insult. I guess that's good though, means they have something for everyone.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Haha, I listened to the 1/29 show today and Opie tried so drat hard to sell that he ate the brisket because Roland said it was on his diet. He brought it up like ten times and he got a zero every time, but he kept repeating it anyway. Nobody took him up on his terribly transparent attempt at stirring poo poo. What a bomb.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Everything will give you ball cancer, except what I'm selling. And don't eat chocolate or treats, that poo poo's for kids and women. Man the gently caress up.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bubba Smith posted:

It's been very bad this week. They have been trying to piss the shows away through hours and hours of callers.
Oh poo poo someone's saying a funny line! HURRY! I've got to interrupt them with a random caller based on the one line the no talent retard working the phones put on the phone bank software! This totally won't destroy the flow at all! HURRY! I need this call on the air NOW NOW NOW!

Oh poo poo he's started to talk, we better babble over him. OK WHAT WAS YOUR POINT SIR?!?! God drat now I've got to talk over him again. HOLY poo poo CALLER HURRY UP AND GET TO YOUR POINT so now I can talk over him again. WOW YOU CALLERS ARE LOSERS *hang up*

At this point it's practically a bit in itself.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 13, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I tuned in randomly this weekend in the car and ESD was back on the radio. Glad to see the hiatus wasn't permanent after all. I didn't really believe they would come back given the way this radio poo poo works.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

^ eym nawt lawying

Jimmy's latest intentionally annoying thing of going "dzztdzzt" at random times to go along with his "fawk yeah suhweeet" Chip persona is bothering me so drat much. Especially when he doesn't even give a Chip line and just does the noise out of nowhere. It gives me douche chills every time and nobody in the room acknowledges it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

UncleMonkey posted:

I like Ellis. I genuinely enjoy listening to him in the afternoons. My day is pretty much O&A > CNN for an hour > Ron and Fez > Ellis.
I hope his show is better than the crap he had on O&A's channel for a while. It was all just 'blah blah blah extreme blah RED DRAAAAAAAGOOOOOOOOON' over and over again.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

Holy poo poo, Opie said he's fighting to try to keep Weird Medicine on the channel and Sirius is saying that they can't afford the $150 a show they pay him.
If only they had made Hoohoo a couple less pieces of birthday cake.

I hope poor Dave doesn't have to pay child support on top of everything else now, I'm sick of him getting poo poo on in various ways.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 6, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Hey guys, you'll never guess who's attaching himself ot other people's drama again:

He fought so hard this is the first we're hearing of it!
Relax, haters, you just don't get the new direction for the channel. BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU ARE A STUPID TWITTER MORON WHO KNOWS NOTHING BLAH BLAH shut up I'm a millionaire who needs a Nutribullet kickback!

Glad to see your 'new direction' is working out so well for you, Opster.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

O__O posted:

Who knows though, because Dave claimed from the beginning that he called in sick with food poisoning 2 hours before and tweeted and a picture of him in bed sick to which Tim Sabian (sp??) replied "I hope your rear end feels better!" I think it comes down to the Sirius management doesn't give a gently caress about you unless you are Howard Stern.
I also like how the list of pissant radio shows with a TV show consisting of basically just a camera in the studio keeps increasing but O&A still don't get one. Not that anyone really expected anything to change when Tim showed up, I pretty much rolled my eyes at all the lip service Opie paid the guy.

The clearing off of the O&A channel really tempts me to go into tinfoil territory with the company's plans. It's a lot easier to go "oh wow what a surprise, this entire channel is wasted on one show and we need the bandwidth" after you've cleared it off than it is to convince O&A to go to Sirius Xm Stars 5 Comedy Golf Underground Voltage Dog 925 willingly.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

End of Life Guy posted:

So, lets pool some cash together and advertise something with a lot of confusing sentences and big words for Opie to read.
He'll just skip out and make Anthony do it. Unless you are planning to masquerade as Nutribullet.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

O__O posted:

I think even the biggest podcasts like Uhh Yead Dude are struggling to find ways to actually make money.
Awesome. I can only imagine the look on Opie's face when he someday tries to monetize the amazing podcast he's pimped for so long and gets jack poo poo. And then probably gets sued for the trouble.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ransom posted:

And she puked "at least four times" into the sinks and clogged them up. She was also making GBS threads in a stall with the door open and then got up and puked all over the bathroom stall. The girl from Ugly Betty was in the bathroom with her and was horrified. It got to the point where they had to ban her from the bathrooms. She is an absolute monster. Tippy Tom wasnt nearly this bad.
I love how "keep Di as far away from the guests as possible" lasted about all of an hour, tops. Gotta suck for anyone who's scheduled for this week.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

UncleMonkey posted:

Lady Di on the after show just surpassed the entire week. She just randomly admitted to getting a dishonorable discharge from the navy because she kept leaving the base without permission to go to motels to eat pizza and drink soda with random white cis men from bars. I just... I don't even... what? :psyduck:

e: SHE WAS IN A MOTÖRHEAD VIDEO???!!!!

Is this real life?
And she drops all these bombs casually, with the least interesting bits being the focus of everything. And also yells over Anthony telling him to shut up so she can stumble her way into these stupid unimportant details like what was playing in the motel room and how much her apartment cost. Incredible.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

UncleMonkey posted:

Yeah seriously. Or how she'd just keep going back to the Navel base after being kicked out to get laid and also because she liked looking at the boats and wanted to be on one... which, you know, she was until she got kicked out for continuously going AWOL because she didn't like being stationed in Florida.

Listening to O&A go over this Monday, with Jimmy being back too, is going to be great.
But she wasn't going to get laid, she just liked boats and military men. And pizza and soda. :allears:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

This is what I imagine her salivating over in the dead of night when she suddenly drunk drives to go get chicken. Maybe she'll be adventurous and get the fish sandwich! Hold the soda though, I'm just going to go a couple doors down for a nice refreshment, good sir. Oh hey, the guy with the dreadlocks is holding the door for me

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

shyduck posted:

Lady Di is a total lost cause. I'm guessing her military discharge wasn't honorable or medical (which if not reflects poorly), obviously a complete drunk, but also her credit is more than likely permanently trashed. As much of a mess Bill is himself, he's gotta reach a breaking point soon and will probably kick her out.

edit: If it was an actual "dishonorable", that's on par with being a convicted felon when it comes to employment. Good job Lady Di
Well you see, she was going to go home, but she spent the money to go to San Diego instead, but then she got tired of the motel there, and the movie was just ok, so she went back, and then she went to Arlington, and she went in front of a military board, and they went HOLY gently caress YOU ARE THE MOST IRRITATING PERSON IN THE WORLD and did whatever it took to get her to shut up and leave.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cromulent posted:

Jim still throws around human being pretty casually, although it's usually at himself. After hearing the break today, I'm guessing they're gonna stick with the same mentality for tranny as they do for human being, which is "It's not offensive to me and I can't empathize with those that find it offensive, so I'll keep using it."
I think they've made it pretty clear over the years that they don't give a poo poo if anyone gets upset about anything they say, except for that one time a couple weeks ago Opie awkwardly mentioned that maybe they shouldn't curse so much so people could replay their clips (as if a 'gently caress' is why they aren't going VIRAL as Opie dreams they should). If they pull back on anything I think it's probably just to avoid management yelling at them.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

O__O posted:

There's a lot of anger for both shows on any/forum/reddit/whatever. I think if you listen enough you just start getting pissed off.
I used to wonder why O&A made a tradition of taking time out to punish the listener. I think I'm understanding why more and more as time goes by.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bunky posted:

Remember how fun the show was when Lady Di was interning? Does anybody remember laughter?
I'm usually behind down to the last available day of on demand, so I'm enjoying some of that right now. The total silence from her (punctuated by random babbling about a phone number or something) while Dr. Steve explains how entirely badly her health is and her delusion that it was a stomach bug is both priceless and depressing.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

shyduck posted:

Aww, the fat sociopath is a sensitive boy and locked his twitter account.
RAMOOOOOOOOOOON, get me another cronut

I gotta imagine that closing that off can't be great for getting prospective bookings to talk to him, but I guess his self-esteem is more important.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Amphion posted:

Anthony: There's no children in this country that don't have enough food to eat!!!! Trickle down works!
This from the guy who told stories about how he would steal money so he could buy ice cream sandwiches to have something to eat. How soon we forget.

livingfruitvirus posted:

This is something all over national radio: Why is it whenever truckers call into a radio show, they feel the need to announce that they're a truck driver?
The naif in me says that they always ask the callers to tell where they're from, so the truck driver, being from basically no single place, has to constantly say "i drive a truck" to beg off the question. Reality is that they're probably bored to loving tears and would love any excuse to go off on what a lovely job driving a truck is (but still probably way better than what they would be doing otherwise).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

On a happier note, my favorite bit from Lady Di week was actually the part that got pretty much overshadowed because of the mugging the following weekend, all the poo poo she talked about in her past with the comedians in studio at the end of Friday's show and into the postshow.

I can't give a real good timecode since they keep going to her and away from her throughout but here's a copy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ9tqzWE0yE

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I guess it's splitting hairs, but a dad who spends all the money on booze is also pretty 'food insecure' to me. Sorry for the bad categorization, I suppose.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

T Fowl posted:

I wish I could sit on a 3 hour radio show in NYC with no real interesting points 99% of the time for the ten total minutes I talk each day and get oodles of money. Where do I sign up?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I am listening to O&A argue with callers about how to measure tides on the 3/25 show and cracking up. They got so immensely angry about people not understanding that they were talking about how far the tide goes in on a random beach instead of how deep the water gets. And of course Opie yells about how people in a regular argument don't talk over each other while he yammers on over every word they say and HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TL posted:

Have they addressed Fez's contract at all?
Ahahahaha there's never a payoff, why even ask?

• Locked thread