Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That mustache is so loving awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That isn't a fun announcement :(

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fez presents rule . My favorite was when he got Ron a towel warmer that just made Ron's towels damp when he got out of the shower.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sounds fine to me, can't wait to listen tonight!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Hah, did they just have to do a live read for Stern's birthday? Fun fun.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Auron posted:

I'm convinced that the hype of "the new R&F show" was just a work as to not make O&A butthurt about Fez's desire to leave the channel. Literally nothing has changed.

Nothing wrong with that.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The nerdist guy seemed very apologetic and civil about the whole thing.

EDIT: I also really enjoy Jeffrey Gurian on the show. Never heard of him before but I quite like his voice and he just pops right into the conversations.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 9, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I sat here a good minute waiting for the image to download completely, then I got what you were trying to do there :P

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Auron posted:

Wait, Fez lied about giving up Skippy? What did he do? Or is the cat still there?

Threw Skippy off Niagra Falls than jacked on his corpse.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

This is more deep than the Andrew WK conspiracy!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think Ron can get a lot more comics being on "Rawdog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99" than the "Opie and Anthony Channel" because a comedy channel doesn't have the stigma of being attached to O&A.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I love Jeff :(

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm really concerned about Anthony's happiness.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Maybe you nerds should just enjoy some fresh Howard Stern instead of listening to old poo poo On Demand!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

His stories sound no different than any college kid who "binge drank."

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

None of it sounded any different than what typical white trash teenagers in NJ do to kill time.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Peter North posted:

HEY STANLEY, LET'S GO DRAIN THE ENGINE OIL AND POUR SOME HOT OIL ON EM.

Gotta say that impression was spot on because every school in this area had that lovely kid who wore Gravedigger shirts and talked just like that. That impression creeped me out how accurate it is.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Listening to it now, love when Ron is on O&A.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Riotgrrill posted:

Anyone else think Jimmy has been quieter than he usually is? He's doesn't seem his normal self.

He's still mourning Leno's retirement.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

What is the second intro song to R&F. Not Ron! Fez! but the next one; sounds like Beastie Boys?

MCA just died again.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I want to know too!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Last Friday on R&F where they had Jay Oakerson on and Ron interviewed Earl for the O&A PD job was hilarious.

Sure they have "What's in the box?" But I'm still having a great time with the new R&F.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

TL posted:

Since I'm a total manchild, I signed up for the WWE Network. One of the features on it is on demand streaming of any WWE, WCW, or ECW pay-per-view ever. So I'm watching an old WCW show, Bash at the Beach 1994, and they showed highlights from the pre-show match: Molly McShane (accompanied by Ron Diaz) vs. The Sassy Boys, aka Fez Whatley and Fast Eddie, accompanied by Ron Bennington.

The most surprising thing about it is how much skinnier Ron and Fez were.

I'm so watching this, I got the free trial ... but I'm tempted because its so easy to go look up stuff people bring up.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Cromulent posted:

Is Shelby the same person as Sheepy from around 2007ish? They both sound whiny and nerdy.

No. Shelby is actually funny.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He probably went on Howard.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He makes a good point!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Radio is old men country.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I usually don't hate of Gurian, but is this the third time he's told that Woody Allen story?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I realize of course the stupidity of marrying a listener who he knew for five months, but I still feel bad for the guy.

Hope everything resolves quickly so had can move on. :(

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Dear lord they both look nuts in that last picture.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

AndrewP posted:

What kind of dire straits are SiriusXM in that they can't pay $150 a week for original programming?

It's like when any company does layoffs, middle management doesn't want to be axed so they'll lay off the people making no money to save their jobs.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ya know, Jason Ellis has a book and O&A still don't.

Maybe he's on to something.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That song ruled because it went into excruciating detail about Fez, then when it came to saying something about Ron they just use a clip of Rom saying "None of your business," or "shut your cakehorn." And then not a mention of Pepper or Shelby, haha.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That looks like Lilly was forced to do that at gunpoint.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They don't even have it in themselves to get fired anymore.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I've never listened to a podcast, but like everyone apparently has one.

On twitter and facebook it's just constant "listen to my podcast!" Or when I meet up with old friends they will bring up something they discussed on their podcast expecting that I heard it. It's a very odd thing.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Holy poo poo Fez's fantasy of finding Randy Orton on the shower and then blowing him and letting him bang his rear end was awesome!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

suddenlyissoon posted:

When's d-day for Fez again? It's pretty soon, right?

Ron has been dismissing every caller that brings it up.

I believe that whole contract rework/deadline was made up.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Jeff Dunham interview was really quick. I'm kind of curious if Ron just wrapped it shortly after Jeff interupted him to plug a whole bunch of his poo poo. Seemed that way to me but I may have just read into it too much.

On the other hand the Jay Mohr/Louie Anderson interview was really great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Roland used to work at a TV station I was at a while back. He's one of those trust fund kids, I believe his dad was some huge hedge fund guy or something. One day he got mad and told a dude I worked with he had like 11 million in the bank or something, he doesn't have to work here and take that poo poo. He was gone the next day. Haha.

• Locked thread