Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Lady Di is tweeting the SiriusXM account and asking them to tell O&A to call her when they get back. Good gods that woman is retarded.

https://twitter.com/dianaorbani777/status/418795087716691968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Guys, pretty sure CanadianJericholeaf was just having a laugh. The show will be back Monday 6am.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

So pretty much as expected. I hope they are working on something else because replays all day is just stupid. Although I guess at least there won't be anything competing with Ron and Fez. And really things aren't going to change too much for me I guess. O&A in the mornings. Ron and Fez noon-3. Ellis in the afternoons. Meh, whatever.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Untagged posted:

Davey Mac Sports Program going on an indefinite hiatus.
Yeah. Unbelievable. gently caress Sirius. Howard sues the company and hardly ever works and they bend over backwards to suck his dick. Meanwhile, they do everything they can to smother new, creative (and cheap) content. This company is such a joke.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

eightysixed posted:

To be fair, as much as they talk about "going past 10," am I the only one who is up early enough to know that they usually always (pretty much every day) start at about 6:15 - 6:20am? So when they go late, they are, at the very least, only making up their time. So when Opie says "WE WENT 10 MINUTES PAST GUYS!," they're still not filling their timeslot :v:
Yeah, but don't expect them to see it that way. THEY ARE SO OVERWORKED AND EXTREMELY UNDERPAID YOU ASSHOLES DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW UNFAIR AND HARD THEIR LIVES ARE!

It really is incredible that Opie thinks it's such an outrage that a company would not let him take as many "sick days" as he wants whenever he wants without starting to dock his pay. They work less than 20 hours a week and act like they have the biggest raw deal of all time.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Ducktales Blogger posted:

I'm new to the Ron&Fez show... My introduction was this year's jocktober, then the blueberry incident, and then listening to the link in the OP and then a few other older recordings that I found on youtube and... What exactly is Fez's deal? When and why did he basically shut down and stop participating on the show? Was it before or after he came out?

Any insight into Fez would be helpful
Fez started shutting down in the last few months they were at WJFK in DC/VA. It's been a long time, so I don't remember for sure when it started. But the PD at WJFK was noticing it and commenting on it and Ron went off on him on the air big time several times. So Fez was on the decline well before they made the switch to XM.

If I remember correctly from what they said when Fez came out on the air, Fez first came out to Ron in Manassas (when they were at WJFK). So Fez being locked up has been going on a long time.

I can say though, having grown up in the DC area and having listened to the show since they first started on WJFK, Fez was amazing. Amazing. He was so incredibly funny. Even my parents loved the show because it was so clever, creative and unique.

I really wish the show could be at the level of genius it was on FM. Because goddamn was it good.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

So happy that Shelby is back!!!!!

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Fezzatorial! Not bad so far.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Hearing Ron rip Hicks a new rear end in a top hat just now was very uncomfortable. He seems very on edge. Makes sense I guess given the relaunch.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Yeah that... that's really creepy by Fez.

"I grabbed those matches on the way out the door, and I knew I would hang onto them the rest of my life."

Jesus Christ.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

And Fez is back to being a crybaby because him reading a list of 42(!) public shamings got derailed by Colin being in. Because that's what we want, Fez reading something off of the iBang again.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

ada shatan posted:

Another day, and another series of problems with the SiriusXM app. Is anyone even able to log in today?
It's working for me, but I couldn't even log in most of the day yesterday. I even checked it again around 10pm just to see and it was still down. I hate this company.

Also, really loved Opie "jokingly" constantly interrupting to push his Instgram, YouTube and Twitter. Great "bit." Not obnoxious and unlistenable at all. :rolleyes:

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Oh my god this Paul O song is so awful it's actually making me want to punch something. Paul O literally doesn't have an ounce of talent in his body.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Three Lady Di calls so far. What a disaster she is. And holy poo poo is Bill plastered.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

ChristianDB posted:

what the poo poo is an unmasked doing instead of ron and fez? another best of? I'm on the online stream, is it a live show yet?
It's just wrapping up now. It was a live Unmasked. They went right to it. Guessing show will be live next.

e: Can I get a what what?

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 21, 2014

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

The battery in Fez's smoke detector is dead and it's making that loud chirping sound and Fez has just been ignoring it and living with it because he says he can't reach it.

He's been living with it like that since Christmas break. :psyduck:

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Ransom posted:

He knocked on the Supers door twice twenty days ago. What else is he supposed to do?
Hahaha and on a holiday, too. And he didn't even try to call the landlord.

I love how Ron laid it all out clear: Fez has no cable, no heat, and he can't get a response from the Super. Just tell them he's withholding rent! Not to mention, he can rent a goddamn ladder if he won't buy one.

Ron said it was another example about how Fez refuses to solve any of the problems in his life. And he's right.

Fez needs to be forced to let Paul O live with him. It's the only way.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

bunky posted:

What's up with the "best of o&a" now? Did I miss something?
The speculation going around is that this is part of Sabian wanting to re-brand poo poo and that "worst-of" was considered too negative. O&A haven't actually addressed it, I don't think. Yesterday when they were out was the first time we all started noticing it I think, so it must have just started.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

CRACK FIRE BEATS posted:

Are we back to believing anything Fez says on air?
It was Ron who brought the whole thing up. That's why it sounded legit to me this time.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Why does Ron insist on having Jeff Gurian in every goddamned day? I can't stand him. Time to find something else to listen to the rest of the afternoon.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Just got back from seeing Otto and George here in Manchester. Goddamn what a great show! He absolutely killed it. And apparently Vos is going to be back here in April, which is awesome. Going to also try to see Colin in Plymouth in February.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

TL posted:

I've acquired a free pass for the Stress Factory in New Brunswick, and Vos is there in April. How is he live? I've never seen him live before.
Vos is amazing live. Amazing. As dumb as he can be, he is a genius on the stage. When I saw him a year ago, there happened to be an Elvis convention going on and he must have done a good 10 minutes just off the top of his head, not to mention like ten minutes of crowd work, before even going into his set. He's phenomenal. If you can see him, go.

ChristianDB posted:

aww what the gently caress. He said nothing on Facebook.+ I literally got out of work and had nothing to do. Was he in Dow st? or did he get moved to a bigger venue?
Yeah, somehow my friend found out and we got tickets like on Monday. I should have said something earlier. He was in Headliners, which is usually set up in some conference room or another in the Radisson on Elm St right across from Vetern's Park.
http://www.headlinerscomedyclub.com/

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

And Anthony's "I'm a libertarian, who cares" bigotry act is beyond threadbare.
Ant isn't a libertarian. Not even close. He's a racist, right wing authoritarian. If he claims to be a libertarian, then he has no idea what that word actually means. Ant believes in an authoritarian justice system that is taken at its word (especially when it comes to minorities) and where people's constitutional rights are nearly non-existent. He believes in immediate and brutal execution without the right to appeal. He loves, loves, LOVES police brutality-- the more brutal the better-- and dreams of a police state in which everyone (except for him, of course), is yanked off the street, harassed, and brutalized based on nothing more than the whims of cops (which are never to be questions and who never do wrong). He believes in the TSA and that people should be singled out based solely on their perceived religion and skin color. He believes that certain groups of people are racially superior to others, whom he considers sub-human and less deserving of rights.

Ant is as much a libertarian as I am Mickey Mouse (and I'm not Mickey Mouse).

Incidentally, most of the things I mentioned above are beliefs professed by Jimmy as well. The only difference is Jimmy doesn't couch his proclamations in a perceived ethnic superiority. Other than that, he's lockstep with Ant.

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a political derail. Just want to make it perfectly clear, Ant is a far-right republican at best. He is most definitely not a libertarian, even if he thinks he is.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Cacafuego posted:

What was her leaky butt problem again? I don't think I ever heard the full story.
There was some sort of fat burner she took and a side effect is she tended to have some sort of leakage out of her but at night sometimes. I remember Ant described it like someone had set a pizza on the sheets and the pizza crease has stained it. He said he went through so many sets of sheets, just throwing them out and buying new sets.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

The portion of today's show with Rogan and Gervais in studio was just amazing. They even went all the way to 11. And of course Penn and Louis earlier in the week was golden as well. I was very happy with both shows this week, I've gotta say. Ron and Fez was great this week as well.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Yeah, I'm agreeing with this. The show has no energy. The games are lame, I loving hate lifeboat, even the discussion topics seem weak. Pie vs. Cake? Is there nothing more interesting to talk about today?
What's in the Box? is literally the worst thing to ever happen to radio. Nothing makes me bail on the show faster than when they say they are playing that for approximately the nine billionth time. Oh awesome, everyone yelling the name of the game 25 times every 30 seconds. That's totally funny and not irritating in the least! :rolleyes:

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

poo poo 40mins in and they're doing the machine gun sound bit again. *click*
Yep, that's when I turned off the show too. :sigh:

e:
Jimmy just eagerly retweeted Ant with this link, adding on that the media is "REPULSIVE" and then quickly deleted his RT. I'm assuming after he tweeted he actually bothered to look and realized he was tweeting links to a racist website.

Here's the link. Ant still has it up, of course.

http://topconservativenews.com/2013/08/media-is-desperate-to-censor-horrific-hate-crime-torture-murder-of-twelve-year-old-texas-boy/

Not only does the site advertise legitimately racist organizations, the comments are a real doozy too, replete with your standard "send them back to Africa" sentiments.

e2: Jimmy tweeted me back and now other people are taking notice. I may have made a mistake. Should have kept my mouth shut. Not too bad so far but I'm wondering if I'm about to be deluged by pests trashing me. Oh well.

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 6, 2014

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN OF THE SHOOOOWWWWWWW
It actually didn't turn out bad at all. Jimmy was really nice and people didn't really pile on like I was afraid they were going to.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

Anybody else think that Opie has a big painkiller issue or is sleeping like 2 hours a night? He locks onto one person in a conversation and he doesn't get any humor unless that person says it. He either steamrolls the laughs or he waits until there's an opening to say what he was planning to say beforehand.
The Opster is smoking the pot again. He may be smoking the pot again. He's seriously thinking of smoking the pot again. Did the Opster mention he may start smoking the pot again? He's been thinking about smoking the pot again but it's so STRONG, man. Yeah! I'm telling you, man, it knocks you right on your loving rear end! It's insane! Also, being a father is hard, man! No one tells you these things! The Opster has had to watch Despicable Me 2 and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 like a million times, man! Snow days are hard. The Opster has to be the babysitter. The Opster. The Opster. The Opster. No one has figured out I can't deal with the fact I'm nearing 50, right? The Opster. The Opster. The Opster. I pretend I'm doing this ironically but really I'm not.

Anyway, that said, today's show was loving fantastic. Goddamn.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Under the vegetable posted:

Required viewing for listeners of the Ron & Fez show:

Whoa! He looks like Cassidy from Preacher crossed with a 50 year old used car salesman from Jersey.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Ron making Fez do a fake eulogy for him and Fez sobbing his way through it is really great.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

I loved how at one point Fez was yelling at Vitto, Shelby and Hicks and said something like, "You all will be gone and Ron and I will still be here because everything always changes around us but we don't change, we always stick together no matter what." I immediately took that as Fez being hyper-aware of April breathing down his neck and he's already trying to get manipulative with Ron.

Fez is a hypocritical, petulant child. But goddamn was today's show a blast to listen to because of it. The entire cakehorn thing is the hardest I've laughed in a while. It reminded me of how Dave used to butcher phrases, like when he said that something was "just the tip of the ice bird."

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

I like Ellis. I genuinely enjoy listening to him in the afternoons. My day is pretty much O&A > CNN for an hour > Ron and Fez > Ellis.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

drat, if that's true about Casey that really sucks. gently caress her. I hope she and Mikey Background get creamed by a truck crossing the street. Poor Dave.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

Holy poo poo, Opie said he's fighting to try to keep Weird Medicine on the channel and Sirius is saying that they can't afford the $150 a show they pay him.
Yeah, it's really ridiculous. Sirius is a joke. They'll pay celebrities millions for the rights to use their names on a channel but they refuse to pay actual talent. It's astonishing. Music channels are nice and everything, but in the age of iPods and MP3 players and cars that come equipped with USB ports and bluetooth connectivity they're not anywhere near worth paying $20+ a month for. Original content that you can't hear anywhere else is. And Sirius is all but trying to get rid of that. Because why? It affects their bottom line? Turns off what few stockholders they still have? Without original, bold content satellite radio is useless to anyone but truckers maybe.

If a company can't afford to pay a guy $150/month, they're either lying or they're on the brink of collapse. Or both. Sirius is still trying to operate based on a FM radio mentality. If they think they can survive like that, they're out of their minds. If they're really trying to come off as fiscally smart, stop overpaying talent like Howard and stop paying to use people's names. How is the Boneyard any different because you're paying Ozzie a few million to call it Ozzie's Boneyard?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Ron and Fez was great today. Bobby and Vos killed it and Kurt Metzger and Sherrod Small were great too. O&A was also really good once Bobby and Vos came on; and the Neil DeGrasse Tyson segment was fantsatic with how retarded everyone in that room was. I can't believe stupid Vos actually asked him about the Bermuda Triangle Twiangle. When Vos suggested Neil bring him on the show and teach him science and Jimmy said, "Yeah, he could say 'And this is my friend, Dumb Talking Turtle'" I was drinking coffee and nearly choked.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Dr Steve tweeted a link that showed that Liberty Media, the majority owner in SiriusXM, posted a really solid earnings report this quarter. The company is operating at a profit but they have no interest in investing in talent aside from Howard. They think people should just sign over their podcasts and all of their IP rights to Sirius for free and Sirius can get richer off of content they didn't even have to buy. The arrogance and sheer ineptitude of that mindset is truly staggering. gently caress them right to hell.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

The Dave posted:

The most amazing thing happened with that today. When they all acted like it was Ant, Jimmy used that to indirectly call Opie stupid. It was joking I know but I don't think I've ever heard Jimmy go after Opie since I've listened to the show.
Yeah, that was fantastic.

I also love how Ant has been trashing family guy for jokes that basically repeat over and over until it's so annoying it's supposed to be funny. That's all Opie does now and it's awful. That irony can't be lost on them, can it?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

shyduck posted:

I'm really looking forward to Lady Di's intern experiment this week. I'm not quite at that burned out stage with her yet like I've been with Bobo
I'm looking forward to it too. And as much as I hate Bobo, the best thing about this bit is that it will drive him up the wall. He's going to be calling in constantly begging to be an intern and pitching the exact bits O&A have already talked about. He's already probably desperately spamming their twitters as we speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Jesus Christ. No wonder her husband threw himself in front of a train.

• Locked thread