Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Old thread

Welcome to the all new Opie & Anthony/Ron & Fez Show Megathread! Here's a place where you can safely discuss these two (mostly) quality radio programs without having to endure the crippling stupidity that plagues the majority of the O&A/R&F sites on the web.

The Opie and Anthony Show
Weekdays, 6am-11am
on the Opie and Anthony Channel
XM 103 Sirius 206
866-WOW-1-WOW

After a year in which the bitching about management had reached epic proportions, O&A finally had something constituting a victory: the Radio Wizard is out. In his place is Tim Sabean, who worked with the boys in the past. In addition, Don “Wicky” Wicklin returned to the channel. O&A finally has people in charge that would get stuff done. In short order, O&A were asked to move to afternoons and had an idea for a cruise to celebrate their 20th anniversary torpedoed, so you know that things are going to change for the best on the O&A Channel. They’re still pushing their new podcast which isn’t a real podcast, in preparation for starting a real podcast when their contract is up next October no they won’t, they’re too dependent on the money they get from Sirius to go anywhere else.

As for the guys themselves, not much has changed: Opie is still a the cool dad who wants to go viral, Ant is a racist gun nut, and Jimmy is a tranny obsessed fame whore. The show itself has been in a weird place, as the show-killing race/guns/free speech segments still happen quite a bit. But when they’re on, there’s still nothing funnier on the radio. As of late, a lot of the freaks who had been associated with the show had been returning: Bobo has been in studio a lot lately, Lady Di and Marion returned, Stalker Patti came back in, even Sandy Kane made a return to the O&A Show. A happy bonus on these freak shows is Colin Quinn has been in a lot more lately, planning his big cross-country comedy tour with Bobo and becoming enamored with the lovely, leggy Lady Di.

Have some good bits from O&A over the last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpM7YIsMDvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEyHt3FOssE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdhzpHd8lM

With the crew, the biggest change is Troy Quan is (thankfully) no longer allowed on air, after a homophobic rant against Mark Zito which nearly cost him his job. The boys can’t understand why a gay person would be angry about that rant, figuring that “you’re a dick sucking human being who likes penises” has NOTHING to do with being gay. Sam still hosts After O&A Live and his own Sunday show, E-Rock is vague and fat, Roland is Metzican and fat, Travis is rarely heard, Sal is barely worth mentioning, and Kenny is still an oaf.

O&A Related Links
Instant Feedback and Links to Show Related Media
O&A Show Facebook Page
Jason Yeiter’s Awesome O&A/R&F YouTube Channel
VideOandA
OpieRadio.com
Ant's Live From The Compound
JimNorton.com
Opie's Twitter
Ant's Twitter
Jimmy's Twitter
E-Rock's Twitter
Sam's Twitter
Travis' Twitter
Roland's Twitter
Sal's Twitter
Troy's Twitter

The Ron and Fez Show
Weekdays, 12pm-3pm
on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99
866-RON-0-FEZ
That’s 866-RON-0-FEZ

After years and years of putting up with Fez’s silence and locking up on the air, Ron Bennington was fed up with it. Ron started making some noises that he was very dissatisfied with the direction the Ron and Fez Show was going in, and was open on air about something needing to change. Fez, meanwhile, was quite happy with the status quo, of silently sitting there in his own misery while Ron and Pepper Hicks did all the work on air. After a nice, pleasant dinner with the bosses, Ron and Pepper left feeling happy about the future of the show with SiriusXM, though Fez didn’t like his steak because “it had spices on it”. The next day, it became apparent that, in Fez’s mind, the dinner wasn’t so much fun, as he thought the bosses were conspiring to get him off the show. What followed was one of the most uncomfortable, and compelling, hours of radio in history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yf6iqTjTFQ

This also turned into the most uncomfortable live read for cookies you’ll ever hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc_avhLQoeM

Clearly, something had to change, and change it did. Ron announced on December 6 the the Ron & Fez Show will be moving to Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99, starting Monday, January 6. Ron has some great ideas for the new show on Raw Dog SiriusXM Comedy Hits 99, with a new focus on comedy, befitting their status as the new cornerstone on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99. Once on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99, the plan is to have lots of comedians on, with new bits, new imaging, new staff, live shows, and all kinds of other surprises. Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99 is sure lucky to have the Ron & Fez Show, only on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99.

But moving channels to Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99 doesn’t address what a mess Fez is, does it? Of course it does! Y’see, Fez has a newfound focus on the show. He’s bringing back his old bits and characters, and some new ones will be coming soon on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99. And, what if Fez doesn’t turn over a new leaf on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99? Well, Fez renegotiated his deal, so that after three months on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99, Fez will be evaluated. If the bosses don’t like what they hear from Fez on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99, then he’s out the door. Could this really be the end of Ron & Fez? Or will Fez turn it around? Find out this January on Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99!

R&F Show Related Links
TheRonAndFezShow.com
The Interrobang, the show prep site for R&F
Ronfez.net, the former unofficial R&F site
East Side Dave Country
Ron Bennington Interviews The secret password is "Ron Bennington"

Some basic ground rules in this thread: Discussion of other radio shows is not prohibited in this thread since that is often a topic on O&A, just keep things civil and stay out of the Stern thread with your O&A fandom. This thread isn't about O&A vs Stern and Bubba even though it may come up from time to time. You are expected to uphold a standard of conduct. Be smart, avoid blind fanboyism and trolling. We've done a mostly good job in these thread so let's keep it up. Expressing your disgust for a person, bit, or the show in general is fine, just keep it civil please.

TL fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Could have fooled me that this was the O&A thread.

Maybe try reading the title then. We discuss both threads here. Sometimes we talk more about one than the other. You're welcome to not read it if it upsets you.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

You forgot to mention Danny got fired finally and IIRC is still on the outs with Anthony while retreating to the O&A retirement home that is Rockstar Games

That was in the OP on the last thread.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
God, I hate the delay on the online stream.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah! Classic Shelb!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
This has been kind of a disaster so far, and Ron just let Chris have it over the music choices. What an uncomfortable first show.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think it's kind of a sweet gift if it's something he found online after the fact. Holding on to them all these years is creepy. But it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I dunno, I was thinking it was a promise ring or something. It's not as bad as I thought.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I found it amusing the show opening song that Pepper didn't play that got him yelled at yesterday was Oddities.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

eightysixed posted:

The audio quality on Rawdog, is actually pretty bad. Flipping back and forth from Rawdog to O&A is like cassette vs. flac :(

The online stream sounds okay, but it blows on my radio in the car. I think i remember hearing that the O&A channel is one of only a couple talk channels that were in stereo.I don't know if that alone explains the difference, but it is such a step down in quality.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
There's no bigger fan of Ron than me, and I get how frustrating it can be, but if I wanted to hear someone passive aggressively poo poo all over the staff I'd just go into work. It's really annoying.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I must be in the minority, but I can't stand Jeffrey Gurian's voice.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
They've seemingly dumped Worst of the Week in favor of actual show replays. That's a very good thing in my mind.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

eightysixed posted:

I didn't even hear a 'Rob' :confused:

Didja maybe hear a steal or sumthin? tss

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Morter posted:

I don't see it but for what it's worth, This Video seems to imply it was on April 9th 2012? :shrug:

Yesterday's show had no screener either. It was at least their fourth unscreened calls show.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can I get a What What? Shelby is the loving best.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

UncleMonkey posted:

Just got back from seeing Otto and George here in Manchester. Goddamn what a great show! He absolutely killed it. And apparently Vos is going to be back here in April, which is awesome. Going to also try to see Colin in Plymouth in February.

I've acquired a free pass for the Stress Factory in New Brunswick, and Vos is there in April. How is he live? I've never seen him live before.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

That's the only one I know of.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Looks like Barca is going to be eating Fez's toenails.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

poo poo 40mins in and they're doing the machine gun sound bit again. *click*

I turned it on as I cleared off my car and thought they were in a best of. Why would they re-do a bit that wasn't funny to begin with?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Scott Shannon announced his retirement from The Big Show with Scott and Todd today. Now's he's got all the time he needs to see the boat movie.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm hoping Todd does the entire show in that awful voice and they call it the Fuzzy Stinklepooper Show. Those names are enraging.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bubba Smith posted:

These are becoming my favorite bit on the O&A show. But Colin & Jim have to be there for SSIII.

Agreed. Today's was funny, and Vos was on fire, but Jim and Col would've pushed it over the top.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
So my XM sub is about to run out. I just can't get myself into O&A or R&F these days, and since the music stations don't do much for me, I'm thinking I'm going to give up on the platform for awhile. I'll still check the thread, but I think I need an extended break, because I'm not finding a lot of enjoyment in either show right now. It's been fun, guys.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Under the vegetable posted:

I'm kind of wondering how "best callers in radio" became a bit, since the first time I heard it the callers were coming up with uniformly the worst loving jokes possible and frustration was audible in the room, while pretty okay ones were coming from in studio and off the internet. Thought it was a joke! The next day, it happened again. Then, again. It's not a joke, huh.

Back in the WNEW days, the callers were awesome. The hayseeds calling in killed that aspect of the show.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Is it weird that I want Ant *and* Fez to go away and leave us with the Ron and Opie show? Both seem so much more relaxed and less likely to act on their worst on-air tendencies when working together.

It'd be really funny if they realized they were madly in love with each other and ran off together.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nothing has ever made me laugh as hard as Bobo the One Man Band. Christ, that was hysterical.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

An Enormous Boner posted:

That dude needs to stop drinking. It's the main thing responsible for how he looks and acts. The whole nervous poo poo is a combination of normal nerves and giant acute alcohol withdrawl. You can see it from a mile away.

But enough about Ant.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Since I'm a total manchild, I signed up for the WWE Network. One of the features on it is on demand streaming of any WWE, WCW, or ECW pay-per-view ever. So I'm watching an old WCW show, Bash at the Beach 1994, and they showed highlights from the pre-show match: Molly McShane (accompanied by Ron Diaz) vs. The Sassy Boys, aka Fez Whatley and Fast Eddie, accompanied by Ron Bennington.

The most surprising thing about it is how much skinnier Ron and Fez were.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

That's not Fez. Fez would never call Ron out on anything.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hate when this stuff happens, because Opie won't shut his loving cakehorn about it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

therealjon_ posted:

Dear lord they both look nuts in that last picture.

They probably are. Look who they both married.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Auron posted:

Robert Kelly and Rich Vos are in so Fez doesn't have to do anything but plugs.

Butt plug?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

therealjon_ posted:

Ya know, Jason Ellis has a book and O&A still don't.

Maybe he's on to something.

I think O&A have said they signed a book deal years ago but they're too lazy to write the drat thing.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Law Cheetah posted:

someone posted this on the O&A subreddit:

300 bucks for a R&F live read sounds really cheap, then you realize Ron always lets callers get plugs in for nothing.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

CrashCat posted:

He'll just skip out and make Anthony do it. Unless you are planning to masquerade as Nutribullet.

So let's put together a difficultly worded promo for a Democratic candidate.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Reminder that lady di is somehow only 52. The ravages of natty ice

In other words, she's younger than Ant.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lovechop posted:

When Sam feeds Bobo lines they are always the loving greatest.

Shut up, cunts, it's Bobo time!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm not listening to R&F right now, I'm watching a Mick Foley documentary on WWE Network, and I still can't avoid him.

drat, can't get the pic right. Jeffrey Gurian showed up in it.

TL fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

eightysixed posted:

Can anyone find the clip of Ron they're talking about where he beat the PD on the air with a phone? :stare:

The PD called their producer when Fez was having an off day (which was rare in those days) to ask if Fez was actually on the show that day. Ron got pissed and threatened to rip the phone off the wall and beat him with it. If Ron actually did that he'd probably still be in jail.

• Locked thread