Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it'll be funny when O&As start time is pushed back incrementally until they're in afternoons

I'm sure those workhorses will still commit to their race to the elevator because their babysitters don't have the proper skill set on how to run the channel and otherwise figure it out, in the end.

:bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
A couple of days ago when they were playing the frozen T-shirt audio, one of the last audio clips they played was a familiar female reporter talking about the stupid rear end experiments other local news crews were doing.

The woman sounded like she was from 1010 WINS, but it sounded like they were watching a video. But I cannot find said video anywhere.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'll happily provide more info but this is bugging me :(

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Awesome catch. I swear she sounds exactly like someone on 1010 WINS. I'm a bit bothered by it. :stare:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Oh is there another unscreened caller show?! Yes!

One of my favorite retorts was

Ron: Unscreen caller, you're on the air!
Caller: You're on the air...

Because it actually got a laugh from Ron, which is rare for a caller to do without stupid shock value.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Sankis posted:

Is this show archived anywhere?

I don't see it but for what it's worth, This Video seems to imply it was on April 9th 2012? :shrug:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Fourth? I only remember 3. The one I mentioned, which was the first, then the one from December, and then the most recent one.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I haven't heard it yet, but I'm laughing at the idea of him literally becoming his Chuck Heston impersonation, fighting for his guns and yelling about damned dirty apes :v:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Ahaha, I just remembered "Nico-leaky" :roflolmao:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Oh gently caress, really?! After all that Twister audio on youtube I listened to the boys making fun of the movie...

The Extreme :(

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I'm sure Jimmy is a freak and has no self control but since he's a person in his mid-fourties, I don't think his experiences as a seventeen year-old makes him out to be the authority on all sorts of addiction everywhere. I'm pretty sure The (B-B-B-)Boys did some hard drugs for a while and Ant is still quite the drunk, but Ex-Addict Jimmy pipes in whenever someone gets busted for sex addiction or gambling or anything.

I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, but his basis for being the arbiter of addiction is getting drunk as a high school kid. Almost 30 years later, it has to be irrelevant to the point that he's on at least equal footing with everyone else.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Opie's no longer trying to be a child of the 80's but a trend-setting shirt-seller of the 90s. His OCD-esque tick to repeat the points he wishes to make--at least twice-- has only gotten worse over the years.

Speaking of repetition, I'm :spergin:-ishly bugged by the small repeat clips (repeat clips) by Stacy Keach's (Keach's) intros to either the boys or one of the Sam shows

... (Sam shows.)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I shamelessly enjoyed Opie's performance during the $1000 giveaway on K-Rock

"HOAI WHOZ THEEYISH!?"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I know Jim is getting old, not because he's getting soft, but because he's completely entranced by the "good choruses" that Macklemore mashes.

And by good choruses, he means someone else saying "This is the moment".

loving, really?! I'd rather listen to east side Dave try to convince us that the Beatles were the greatest band

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
But he knows it's bad! That's what makes it funny: they know people are getting upset. Don't you get it?!

Some listeners should just stay listeners. :rolleyes:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I'll come back from this, alright?!

I'll ruh-BOUND from this...:qq:

Starting to get sick of Opie and his post-menopausal catchphrases. I literally heard him revving up for liberal use of "Taking a TASTE", when he went back to the "pay me" bit for Nutri-bullet or whatever that poo poo is called.

Comedians. Audio. A slow/developmentally challenged person. That's all you need and the show writes itself. You don't need social media plugs or viral videos, (b-b-b-)boys.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
The guy sounds like a more sane--thus, less interesting--Paul-O.

Not that I have anything against him, but I'd rather hear Paul-O. :(

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

TwistedNails posted:

STOP DOING THIS!

(Sorry do you mean actual me, or are you referencing the callers that do this? Because I'm not a caller, in my defense... :ohdear: )

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Cacafuego posted:

Wasn't Oddities a R&F show intro for like a really long time (may have been a long time ago)

While I'm sure it wasn't the first time, I'm certain it was at least played when they were on the same station as O&A on New York during the FreeFM days.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Just listened to a Doctor on the radio say "10% of 247 is 12"

:bang:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

O__O posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlUKJd8AkAs

The songs making fun of Fez kill me everytime

Holy poo poo, this just got uploaded today?! Does this have East Side Dave's entry? I've been looking for that for YEARS!

I'm so flipping happy :worship:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I don't usually go for the homophobic jokes (way overdone on R&F imo) but 'Faghorn Cakehorn' made me cackle.

I never thought a radio show could be spoiled. I feel terrible for not having heard the show before reading this line.

That's hilarious :roflolmao:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Fez calling Ron out on his poo poo-stirring is the actual payoff that everyone's hoping for, but that no one will get.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
This is one of those times where I hate remembering obscure poo poo, because like 2 or 3 years ago, a similar instance happened with less fanfare, but was run into the ground just the same.

Anyone else remember "Sprint Airlines"? :3:

Edit: Whaaat?!

Morter fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 5, 2014

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I'm not much of a "kids on the radio" fan, but as a Beatles fan, it warmed my heart to hear his daughter sing "Here Comes The Sun" one of the times he brought her in.

It kills me to think Casey--if everything I'm reading about her is true--had something to do with that great child and that greater father. :(

Thoughts and prayers to ESD.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

JFC posted:

Which one is that?

Shelby before his lip implants

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

1st1sHere posted:

It does get better each time I watch it.

Video of Shelby putting on lip gloss (I think?) and Bigfoot-esque footage of Fez.

http://instagram.com/p/lfmRQVhmjM

I didn't think I could fathom Ron with a goatee. He almost looks toothless with it.

Also, does Fez have half a moustache?

Cory Lidle posted:

"Blugh I have an idea for a bit. A half hour before and after each show I talk about the show and discuss what took place blugh."

"D'uuuh, here comes da pre-show, auright??"

Morter fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 14, 2014

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

End of Life Guy posted:

So, lets pool some cash together and advertise something with a lot of confusing sentences and big words for Opie to read.

"Put put put put put"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

T Fowl posted:

However, so many people have delusions of granger about their podcast

I'm sorry I just woke up but this is the funniest thing I've read in like 5 years on the internet. There's a Harry Potter joke in here, somewhere.

I miss randomly looking up podcasts and finding gems.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

ozza posted:

My all-time favourite Patrice moment with dumb girls is when he started asking some Penthouse models to "name two chess pieces". Brilliant.

I don't even remember thus and this is one of the funniest things I've heard/read.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Hate to be late to the party but it'll be a while until I catch up on O&A, so does anyone want to spoil for me exactly what happened with Roland/why people are calling him sensitive? Was it due to the Cronut guy drama? Or did some people make fun of him and he took it too personally?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
At least it isn't a Steven Singer ad. :tinfoil:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

mike_348 posted:

Watch the Opie and Anthony Letterman appearance for confirmation of this.

I won't be able to look for O&A stuff for a short while but you already have me at the edge of my seat. What kind of stuff should I look out for when I go to see this?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Ron is about as hypocritical as most others on his show/O&A, he's just a lot funnier in general. He always messes up "drowning", "werewolf", and "prejudice, but he'll spend half a bit talking about Steve Harvey adding an extra letter to a word

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Is R&F a mourning show all day? Just wondering.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I know people hate it when we (overly?) praise the dead, but Otto was one of the few comics I never minded having on, because he would be more about being a #th mic and joining the fun rather than making the chats about himself. Like Louis CK or Jim Florentine (though I can't stand football/sports talk), I've never hated an appearance he was on.

Plus, early 50's is way too soon to go. So it's a damned shame that he's gone :(

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

TwistedNails posted:

Listening to the Unmasked, Ant is a much nicer guy at night, well after a few drinks I'm sure.

Isn't "at night" where he does (/did?) all the wacky poo poo on "Live from the Compound", like make unabashed racist jokes, point guns at cameras, and smack autistic men in the face?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
There's a HUGE contrast in humor between when the boys read "Words Hurt" in defiance to orders not to bring it to the air, and Tuesday's show where a bunch of curmudgeons wanted to normalize beating women and said a gay kid being called "human being" wasn't being hurt.

:smith:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

spudsbuckley posted:

A hundred times this. I see 30ish new posts this morning and think something interesting has happened.

Nope, it's the same few people who "only listen to R&F anymore" repeating the same shite about Ant being racist and Jim being a hypocrite once again.

I don't understand how you're placing the blame of "Discussing what happened today" on the listeners, rather than the people putting out the content. :psyduck:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

livingfruitvirus posted:

Bobo and Jimmy

Holy gently caress, something about Jimmy'a hair and face makes him look like Larry King to me. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Peter North posted:

What? Scorch is a take-no-poo poo iconoclast (on the verge of gaining deserved fame) with incorruptibly streetsmart wisdom of the highest magnitude. How dare you.

Glad to have you aboard, Colin Quinn.

• Locked thread