Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
Anyone near Eugene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

POKEMAN SAM posted:

Having a tint and vinyl roof done at Metropolitan and holy poo poo is the Scion xB (their loaner fleet) a terrible car in basically all regards. Everything is so wrong in it, except I guess if you want to fill it with stuff?

I'm looking to get my new Impreza slightly tinted in the rear windows. Any good tint places near Seattle besides Metropolitan?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rabid Snake posted:

I'm looking to get my new Impreza slightly tinted in the rear windows. Any good tint places near Seattle besides Metropolitan?

Midnight auto tint at 134th or the rabbits on Aurora, I can't tell you how their prices compared but I went on reccomenation of my coworker and think I spent like $250? On the crown vic for all around everything and they were done fast, on time and amazing quality work. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat even if slightly higher than average pricing it went so smooth and hassle free

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to the Pacific Raceways Northwest Nationals on august 7th and 8th, we should do a NHRA Top Fuel goon meet.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Not really AI but I was at the wooden boat festival in Seattle today and they had the most bitchin' powerboat. I'll try to grab a picture tomorrow.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

MrKatharsis posted:

Not really AI but I was at the wooden boat festival in Seattle today and they had the most bitchin' powerboat. I'll try to grab a picture tomorrow.

Was it the Oberto one? I saw someone truckin' it around Ballard earlier.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I don't know. The cockpit was way aft but it still had some engine jutting into it. I'll definitely grab a picture tomorrow.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I'm going to the Pacific Raceways Northwest Nationals on august 7th and 8th, we should do a NHRA Top Fuel goon meet.

Have you already bought tickets? I've never been to top fuel and have always wanted to go. I bet Quite a Tool would be down too and we could carpool if y'all want.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mat_Drinks posted:

Have you already bought tickets? I've never been to top fuel and have always wanted to go. I bet Quite a Tool would be down too and we could carpool if y'all want.

No but I always get them from O'riellys every year and go barring extreme unforseen circumstances. The only reason I missed it last time was helping my friend retrieve the Gremlin after he bought it.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Mat pointed me to this thread from the gen chat thread. I'm in Portland for July, and I'd be down for a meet or drive or whatever in the area (Eugene to Seattle kind of region?) if there is such a thing, provided it works with my schedule. I guess I'll just keep an eye on this thread. I won't still be here in August, and this weekend is kind of last minute, but anything in between those should be fine.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Comrade Flynn posted:

Was it the Oberto one? I saw someone truckin' it around Ballard earlier.

http://imgur.com/a/a9qCq

I am completely in love.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Bleh. I'll be in Germany.

Raganti
Sep 25, 2007
I AM TO CHEAP TO BUY AN ACCOUNT!

Raluek posted:

Mat pointed me to this thread from the gen chat thread. I'm in Portland for July, and I'd be down for a meet or drive or whatever in the area (Eugene to Seattle kind of region?) if there is such a thing, provided it works with my schedule. I guess I'll just keep an eye on this thread. I won't still be here in August, and this weekend is kind of last minute, but anything in between those should be fine.

I also saw Mat's comment about this thread and realized I had forgotten it existed. Just spent the last two days volunteering with the BMW CCA at the Vintage Races at Pacific Raceways. God drat it has been hot out there! I calculated I drank roughly 5-6 liters of liquids over the course of yesterday between the vintage races and the Sounders game.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Any goons going to be at the Chehalis Rally Cross on July 25-26? It's an SCCA event put on by the Oregon Rally Group. It'll be my third RallyX with these guys and they seem like a good group of people, plus RallyX is just insanely fun.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
portland.jpg

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

blk posted:

portland.jpg

I support this activity.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Unless you're selling it to a scrap-yard, museum, or burying it in a landfill, it's going to keep polluting, no matter who you sell it to.

Just some feel-good victim blaming.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm going to put together a Portland meet. How do November 1, 7 or 8 look for people? Some place where you can see the parking lot from the bar...

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I'm all for it, but I can't think of any bars with substantial parking you can actually see. Earlier is better! I.E. da first.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

blk posted:

I'm going to put together a Portland meet. How do November 1, 7 or 8 look for people? Some place where you can see the parking lot from the bar...

I will actually be in portland on the 1st, tho I will most likely be hungover/day drinking as we are coming down for my bachelor party. All I know is that my buddy says there is a place that does stripperoke on sundays, so thats where we will be.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

blk posted:

Guessing this didn't happen?

Any way, came back to this thread as I'm thinking of getting rid of my '05 Legacy GT. Almost at 90k miles, quite a few upgrades, no issues over the life of the car (I bought it at 12k miles). Any possible interest here? Haven't put much thought into the price or anything yet, PM if you wanna talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Ugh.

I liked the carpet in the 90s before it was a thing.

• Locked thread